IGNORED

So, Why Exactly Are We Being Asked To Play The Last Six Games Anyway?

cityexile

Reading the posts on here its all over already?

Seriously.

Now do not get me wrong. I think we will go down. The momentum for sure is with Coventry and the sides now above us.

Right now however, we are one point behind Coventry with them to play still at AG. Its football, stuff happens. It is not linear - on 'form' Arsenal would have stuffed QPR.

Against the tide on here for sure, but our form is not 'shocking' over the last 6 matches. Against 5 I think in the top half, we have game wise been competitive in five of those six matches. Watford sticks out as appalling sure, and of course we have not looked a good team, but for most of those matches we have hung in there. The real collapse was the eight games or so before that were it seemed the other side just needed to turn up to beat us by three.

A lot of football is about belief and momentum. At the moment its with the others. The worst thing that can happen is that the team (and fans) think it is all over.

It may be 'over' come the end of the season, but its not yet. A goal can change the complete mood of a game. A win can change the complete mood of the team.

After 35 years still my team. Still believing. Anything is possible.

Right now we feel, lets say 2 minutes away from going out in a Play Off semi. But occasionally, just occasionally, stuff happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7_S9kLZ2FM

Seriously.

Now do not get me wrong. I think we will go down. The momentum for sure is with Coventry and the sides now above us.

Right now however, we are one point behind Coventry with them to play still at AG. Its football, stuff happens. It is not linear - on 'form' Arsenal would have stuffed QPR.

Against the tide on here for sure, but our form is not 'shocking' over the last 6 matches. Against 5 I think in the top half, we have game wise been competitive in five of those six matches. Watford sticks out as appalling sure, and of course we have not looked a good team, but for most of those matches we have hung in there. The real collapse was the eight games or so before that were it seemed the other side just needed to turn up to beat us by three.

A lot of football is about belief and momentum. At the moment its with the others. The worst thing that can happen is that the team (and fans) think it is all over.

It may be 'over' come the end of the season, but its not yet. A goal can change the complete mood of a game. A win can change the complete mood of the team.

Right now we feel, lets say 2 minutes away from going out in a Play Off semi. But occasionally, just occasionally, stuff happens.

We must beat Coventry at home, at least we've got a good record against them. Forest and Birmingham away are the tough ones. We'll raise our game against West Ham with Burnley away and Barnsley home being winnable. 18 points to play for and I think we'll get 10 points from those games but we probably need more points than that to stay up.

In another attempt to try and be positive, I guess the fact that coventry only have 1 more point than us indicates they have been just as bad as us this season? I'm aware they are on a run of form but based on their league position Coventry & Forest (possibly even barnsley based on form) are winnable?

Just trying to be positive

We must beat Coventry at home, at least we've got a good record against them. Forest and Birmingham away are the tough ones. We'll raise our game against West Ham with Burnley away and Barnsley home being winnable. 18 points to play for and I think we'll get 10 points from those games but we probably need more points than that to stay up.

10 points from 18??? Dream on. We'll get six points if we're lucky, but no more.

Come on lads, I'm as despondent as the rest of you, but let's not give up til it's over. I've got my bus ticket from London for the Coventry game, and if we're gonna go down, let's go down fighting. This is a fantastic football club that we all love, we could still escape. In the words of Churchill, 'never, never, never give up'.

10 points from 18??? Dream on. We'll get six points if we're lucky, but no more.

I think its one from three - us, Coventry and Millwall.

How many points we get may come down to do the last two matter. Oddly, if it came to it, I would fancy us to win the last two if we had to. We are third favoriates for a whole pile of reasons from those three in my mind, but it would hardly count as the greatest escape ever if we did pull out of it.

Most worrying for me is the lack of an apparent team spirit at the moment - the reaction to the goal on Saturday was more like that from a meaningless consolation in the last minute, rather than a critical goal that could lead to a winner - but the only reaction I have control over is my own. Three home cup finals and we never know - thats all I am saying!

Most of the time at the moment I am just despondent at the state this club finds itself in. I blame many things Lansdown walking away, Sexstone in general, Millen being given too long etc etc. Saturday we were crap and got a point, could have even won it late on. That gives me some hope.

Being positive? Here we go...

Go to Forest on tv, loan players who aren't wanted by their clubs get a chance to put on a show for potential suitors, we can play mainly on the break with the pace we've got out wide, Forest are so up and down its unreal. All these things make me think we could nick it 1-2 late on with the likes of Bolasie running at tired full backs late on.

Coventry at home is just simply a must win. Hopefully a big bank holiday crowd, we do have a good record against them and surely we'll play 2 up top and have a go? City win 2-0 after withstanding some late pressure.

Birmingham are a good side. Chris Burke always scores against us. City lose 2-0.

West Ham at home. Will be a massive day with that bloke who used to stand around up front for us and is now on the bench for them returning. Also its a night game, and they're fans are a bit mental. All in all should be a red hot atmosphere that night. A full blood and guts game. City come from behind to get a 2-2 draw.

Barnsley won't need it and some of their players will already be on the beach as they say. City blitz them early on and win 3-0 and the great escape is on.

Burnley away in front on 4000 travelling City fans. Burnley play with freedom against a tense and nervous City team. Burnley win 2-0.

That all gives us 10 more points. I think we would stay up with 10 more points. That is my positive outlook.

we have won 1 in 13 or summit stupid

players dont give a toss

simple as that

Our form is bad, confidence is low and it looks like we're going down but do people really beleive the players don't give a toss?

I beleive every player goes out on a Saturday to do the best they can, they may not be good enough or be lacking confidence but they care. If nothing else half the squad will be looking for a new contract in June so the better they play the better the contract.

Shameless bump...

...A goal can change the complete mood of a game. A win can change the complete mood of the team...

Still hoping, still believing.

Much like a play off finals game tomorrow. Lets make the same atmosphere and hope for one of those great days that do come along, just now and again...

Seriously.

Seems like years ago, back the poster !!

Typically of City, the video highlights one of the highs of all time. The next game one of the very lows!

Would not want it anyother way TBH....

If I wanted constant success I would jump on that bandwagon and follow man ure or Liverpoor or Chelski or Man City, who appear to be the new faves..

Archived