IGNORED

Steve Lansdown To Speak From Guernsey On Tuesday

I live in Stockwood and there are massive plans for expansion over this way, I couldn't care less about the greenbelt, I care about people being about to find an affordable house to live in, if is causes a bit more congestion around here then that's the way it is...........IT'S CALLED PROGRESS.

BCAGFC

I think the Industrial Revolution was all about PROGRESS, wasn't it? And as a result we now have a dying planet...

.. These people cheat, lie and mislead their way through a flawed system that the government is actively trying to fix using loophole after loophole. Hardly the most dignified approach from a group who have such high opinions of themselves is it.

And despite this underhand approach these people cry foul at every opportunity when things don't go their way. The actions at the planning meeting show just how pathetic these people are as do the subsequent unsubstantiated claims of harassment.

Is this libelous or slanderous, it's written so I guess it is libelous?

Once again, mate, proof? Not circumstantial cack but something that might withstand a bit of investigation.

Those sort of statements really aren't the way forward if you are desperate for the stadium to go ahead. Keep your heads down and let the lawyers deal with it

I never said it so I dont need to prove it :laugh:

Anyone could stand up in front of an Inspector (not under oath - although that probably wouldn't make much difference) and say I went Ice skating, played football, cricket, baseball, bird watching etc etc, very hard to disprove, in fact probably impossible.

The NIMBYs know that.

BCAGFC

Unsubstantiated without evidence. I would remove your post very quickly unless you've some documented evidence

Look at footage of the pro green mafia outside the council house for tales of harassment. Dolly has said on numerous occasions that she has been harassed by them and would stand up in court under oath and tell them. Look at the enviroment agency's own web site at the date of the last use of the tip at Ashton vale. Either the village green mafia have made a genuine mistake over the dates or they have told a pack of lies

At the end of the day, the tip was still in use for most of the 20 year period, so are the NIMBYs saying that they played on a contaminated rubbish tip?, if so...

1) I would have thought that would be illegal, can't see the licence holders at that time allowing them do that &

2) It has to be free unhindered access, new evidence suggests this is not the case

3) Not very responsible people if they did

They may well have used the bottom half of the site, sporadically over the years (once a year or even less) but there is no way that the tip was used for recreation over the 20 year period.

BCAGFC

He vowed to carry on and showed a lot of spirited passion of the sort required on the pitch at the moment. He's had numerous opportunity to back down and has so far stuck with us through thick and thin, I cannot understand why some people get on his back and often wonder where their hearts truely lie.

You must be making that up, after all he's not interested in us and has lost his passion now he's in Gurnsey. Add to that he now has his new "play toy" he's cut off finance (apart from 4 expensive loan signings recently of course...) havent you read this forum after a defeat????

Agreed Nick. Steve does himself no favours with comments like this. Who on earth advised him to issue a statement like that? By contrast his stance on the radio was quite measured. I was impressed.

The PR on this whole development has been abysmal from the off.

I can't agree with that. If you knew how difficult historically it's been to get any new development of this scale built here, you'd know that without some decent PR we wouldn't have got anywhere near where we are now. It was cleverly tied into the world cup which got the council interested (they were floundering as usual until then) and got them on our side. All statements have been made at the right time and have said all they needed to. Steve Lansdown is quite right to keep beating the drum about the development bringing jobs and creating wealth and should keep on having a dig at anything that stops this.

I can't agree with that. If you knew how difficult historically it's been to get any new development of this scale built here, you'd know that without some decent PR we wouldn't have got anywhere near where we are now. It was cleverly tied into the world cup which got the council interested (they were floundering as usual until then) and got them on our side. All statements have been made at the right time and have said all they needed to. Steve Lansdown is quite right to keep beating the drum about the development bringing jobs and creating wealth and should keep on having a dig at anything that stops this.

hmm...can't help feeling that more effort winning hearts and minds in the local community in the earliest days wouldn't have gone amiss. Winning over the local businesses who might thrive if given a role in developing the services at a new stadium complex. Instead it's been easy to cast Lansdown as a super rich bloke who's done a runner to save his taxes and who wants to make a few bob on a development in someone else's back yard.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a good development and wrote to the council to support it and the club to offer time and effort. But from a PR point of view I'd say that the club has too often come across as a bully determined to get its way. Sorry to say that. Not a fair characterisation of the fan base at all.

hmm...can't help feeling that more effort winning hearts and minds in the local community in the earliest days wouldn't have gone amiss. Winning over the local businesses who might thrive if given a role in developing the services at a new stadium complex. Instead it's been easy to cast Lansdown as a super rich bloke who's done a runner to save his taxes and who wants to make a few bob on a development in someone else's back yard.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a good development and wrote to the council to support it and the club to offer time and effort. But from a PR point of view I'd say that the club has too often come across as a bully determined to get its way. Sorry to say that. Not a fair characterisation of the fan base at all.

I agree it's come across as determined and I would say "efficient and professional", but I think that's exactly what they needed to do or we wouldn't have got past the planning stage. As soon as they got Barbara Janke on the front of the Evening Post uneasily waving her world cup Bristol 2018 flag, that was it. The council couldn't really support the bid and not the stadium, that was some achievement in itself.

I think the Industrial Revolution was all about PROGRESS, wasn't it? And as a result we now have a dying planet...

No we do not have a dying planet. We as humans are merely making it a place where we ultimately will be the ones that dye out. The planet will go on.

Archived