IGNORED

For Those Of Who Booed The Subs Of Cisse & Ephraim

ronjonred

i was disgusted and angered by the response of some fans to the substitutions of Cisse and Ephraim. There was a number of fans in the Williams who stood up and shouted all sorts of nonsense when the subs were made.

Cisse, decent holding midfielder and a real 'tryer' but his passing is woeful and ball retention at times pitiful. By bringing on Mcallister it allowed Skuse to move to a central role, which I would be surpised if many disagreed that's his best position especially with Marv no longer available.

Ephraim - showed glimpses but was between the play too much and the game was passing him by. He had a positive impact against Middlesborough but was far from making much impact against Derby. Let's not forget that he was subbed for Brett who took his goal superbly.

So whilst we are all nervous about the next few weeks, try to keep your vile outburts to yourself and remember that football is about a shape, formation and patterns of play. If you don't understand simple concepts of where players are best suited then please just remain quiet.

When the whole ground sang when there was the injury to the derby player in the 2nd half, I was moved and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. It will be the great escape to get out of it now with our run in, but with that kind of passion and support it can be done.

COYR

I think they booed the idea of subbing off the better players during the game and keeping players like Pearson and Kilkenny on who were doing little to nothing.

Cisse and Ephraim weren't having bad games and the manager decides to take them off, that's his choice.

Ephraim said on Player that he preferred playing in behind the forward but McInnes chose to play Pearson there and Ephraim on the left hand side where he was very much isolated most of the game.

I really don't see what Pearson brings to the team which the other players can't do, haven't been impressed by him once this season.

i was disgusted and angered by the response of some fans to the substitutions of Cisse and Ephraim. There was a number of fans in the Williams who stood up and shouted all sorts of nonsense when the subs were made.

Cisse, decent holding midfielder and a real 'tryer' but his passing is woeful and ball retention at times pitiful. By bringing on Mcallister it allowed Skuse to move to a central role, which I would be surpised if many disagreed that's his best position especially with Marv no longer available.

Ephraim - showed glimpses but was between the play too much and the game was passing him by. He had a positive impact against Middlesborough but was far from making much impact against Derby. Let's not forget that he was subbed for Brett who took his goal superbly.

So whilst we are all nervous about the next few weeks, try to keep your vile outburts to yourself and remember that football is about a shape, formation and patterns of play. If you don't understand simple concepts of where players are best suited then please just remain quiet.

When the whole ground sang when there was the injury to the derby player in the 2nd half, I was moved and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. It will be the great escape to get out of it now with our run in, but with that kind of passion and support it can be done.

COYR

Really?! I always get the impression that Cisse shields the ball extremely well and always finds his passes - certainly one of our better players at doing that.

Really?! I always get the impression that Cisse shields the ball extremely well and always finds his passes - certainly one of our better players at doing that.

He usually is but not on saturday.

The subs were shocking and that's being polite.

Why bring on a "defender" for our best midfielder on the day?

Why not take off Kilkenny, who was shyte.

Why not take of skuse who was poor and blowing out is arse?

Taking off Ephraim who is clearly a quality player, but isolated out on the left, instead of being behind stead.

Credit for pitman coming on? not really, that's what we all would have done.

The goal we got was lucky and we got the point despite the poor substitutions.

The subs on saturday has made me doubt McInnes big time.

Correct - It was more Booing the choice of sub - not the players performance.

Agree it was booing the choice of subs, if that was not clear then apologies. Yes Pearson was woeful and Kilkenny does no offer much and wimps out of important challenges. BUT, Cisse can not play a decent pass - pearson and kilkenny can. Cisses and Skuse in center mid together - not offering a lot of forward options there really. So my point was - whilst at first glance the subs may not seem correct in your eyes there is an impact to the overall shape of the team which needs to be paid attention to. Booing the choice of subs is ridiculous and achieves nothing.

Taking off Ephraim who is clearly a quality player, but isolated out on the left, instead of being behind stead.

I guess you were one of the ones who booed then. Says it all really...........

The booing was precisely for Cisse coming off instead of those two lightweights. He was poor but has had a much better record per appearance than either of them. Is it any wonder that as soon as Millen was out of the door our production upped? Cisse wasn't a bystander in that. The Atyeo booed then clapped immediately after Cisse applauded the fans on his way off.

RonJonRed's rebuke of Riaz is questionable as (for once ;)) he's on the nose here. Skuse doesn't have the conditioning for Midfield any more.

Ridiculous, Macca came on and for the first time in the the game we looked fairly solid at the back. Macca did well. Cisse however recieved a 4 in Cockhausens match report which to me signifies he wasn't all that great. Kilkenny should have gone off before Hogan, but he was not having a good game either (that's more to do with the fact our immobile midfield offered no options and he was forced into blind alleys.)

The only problem I had with the subs was that they were probably ten minutes late. Nothing wrong with the personel used or replaced.

Ridiculous, Macca came on and for the first time in the the game we looked fairly solid at the back. Macca did well. Cisse however recieved a 4 in Cockhausens match report which to me signifies he wasn't all that great. Kilkenny should have gone off before Hogan, but he was not having a good game either (that's more to do with the fact our immobile midfield offered no options and he was forced into blind alleys.)

The only problem I had with the subs was that they were probably ten minutes late. Nothing wrong with the personel used or replaced.

Macca was poor as always. Ephraim looked decent on the few occasions he got the ball. Putting a unfit player in midfield was clueless.

There was a case for many players to come off, but not those two.

Why we needed a terrible left back on the field, when we are losing, I dont know.

Macca was poor as always. Ephraim looked decent on the few occasions he got the ball. Putting a unfit player in midfield was clueless.

There was a case for many players to come off, but not those two.

Why we needed a terrible left back on the field, when we are losing, I dont know.

Got that's boring. At least I can accept when 'super' Brett does something good... Macca was solid, put in some heartfelt challenges and supplied a couple of very dangerous deliveries into the box that could have resulted in a goal. He ain't perfect but he's got more fight in his little toe than the rest and will play an important role if we are to retain championship status. Cisse was shite and Ephraim did nothing at all all game.

Got that's boring. At least I can accept when 'super' Brett does something good... Macca was solid, put in some heartfelt challenges and supplied a couple of very dangerous deliveries into the box that could have resulted in a goal. He ain't perfect but he's got more fight in his little toe than the rest and will play an important role if we are to retain championship status. Cisse was shite and Ephraim did nothing at all all game.

We did not need a defender at that stage of the game.

Cisse was our best midfielder easily.

And there is a reason Ephriam did "nothing" as you call it......

I thought it was correct to bring Macca on and reshuffle - but only because we were set up wrongly in the first place!

Nobody can aregue about the fight and desire offered by Macca, whatever his short comings might be. We had to get Foster out of the LB position where he was attrocious, but it was not his fault. He should never have been started in that position.

We did not need a defender at that stage of the game.

Cisse was our best midfielder easily.

And there is a reason Ephriam did "nothing" as you call it......

Jesus Christ, you really are quite small minded with regard to football aren't you.

If we conceded another it would have been game over, a more solid base is the first stage of getting a goal. It's impossible to score a goal if the opposition are attacking you isn't it?

First line of defence is attack, but sometimes the first line of attack is defence.

The substitution made perfect sense, you just don't like macca.

Zzz

Jesus Christ, you really are quite small minded with regard to football aren't you.

If we conceded another it would have been game over, a more solid base is the first stage of getting a goal. It's impossible to score a goal if the opposition are attacking you isn't it?

First line of defence is attack, but sometimes the first line of attack is defence.

The substitution made perfect sense, you just don't like macca.

Zzz

I dont like or dislike macca. That makes no sense. I just dont rate him.

If we did'nt want to concede another goal - bringing him on would do what exactly? Would'nt make us anymore solid defensively thats for sure.

At that point in the game, we needed players who were better on the ball and not give the ball away cheaply - macca is the king of that.

I dont like or dislike macca. That makes no sense. I just dont rate him.

If we did'nt want to concede another goal - bringing him on would do what exactly? Would'nt make us anymore solid defensively thats for sure.

At that point in the game, we needed players who were better on the ball and not give the ball away cheaply - macca is the king of that.

It did make us more solid. Visibly so.

Disagree. We were lucky to get the goal and more lucky to get a point.

Ah yes I forgot about all that pressure they put us under in the last 20 mins...

How can it be lucky that one of our players scored a goal? We had a shot, it went in. That's how it works. Middlesbrough were lucky to score their goal too I suppose?

Ah yes I forgot about all that pressure they put us under in the last 20 mins...

How can it be lucky that one of our players scored a goal? We had a shot, it went in. That's how it works. Middlesbrough were lucky to score their goal too I suppose?

We were the home team - of course we were going to have more of the ball. But we aint very good with it.

We were lucky that Pitman scored a brilliant goal - we certainly were capable of opening Derby up.

Right, whatever. Dull now.

Well Jordan, you may call me dull because of my opinion - but I do have a life. Anything but dull.

I would'nt for example, put a suit on, to play Football Manager. Dont get me wrong, I do play that game, but putting a suit on and putting photos on facebook? Not my idea of fun. Mind you, you are a spotty teenager, so i'll forgive you.

Archived