IGNORED

Here ! How Do We Spot Coventry Fans ?

Tall King Blox

Last time we played them at home a few of their fans came into the Avon Packet pub.

Top blokes, very realistic about the abilities of their team and their future as a club. They just wanted a good day out in Bristol.

We had a few beers with them and a good laugh, the game got in the way of a top day! Thats what I love about the championship, very reasonable away followings in terms of numbers and most teams' fans are happy to be in the 5th best division in Europe and don't think their team will win the division.

Very important that we stay in this league.....

Last time we played them at home a few of their fans came into the Avon Packet pub.

Top blokes, very realistic about the abilities of their team and their future as a club. They just wanted a good day out in Bristol.

We had a few beers with them and a good laugh, the game got in the way of a top day! Thats what I love about the championship, very reasonable away followings in terms of numbers and most teams' fans are happy to be in the 5th best division in Europe and don't think their team will win the division.

Very important that we stay in this league.....

V.well put, tollerance and respect to all fans imo, hope they all have a good day but no points :icecream:

No he had his dirty scabby leeds shirt on, barely hidden under his coat.

Hardly a surprise some chap threw him 20 rows headfirst down the dolman!

Not the most sensible thing ive seen in 25 years at AG!

Correct..the mascots scrapping on the pitch took the buscuit !!!

They all drive Austin Allegros

Ummm... were they not a Longbridge creation driven (or more commonly pushed) by Villa's finest?

I think Cov is more Jags.

I too found Cov fans over the decades to be decent. Only one exception, in the late 70's(?) when they were pushing for Europe they played us at AG and in response to a rallying call from their Board to turn out in numbers as we did at Highfield Road a couple of years previous...they didn't quite match are 18,000 but a decent 3-4,000. A few of their lads got a bit carried away.. not a bright idea really.... but we didn't hold a grudge.

Very sad. How do we spot a Coventry fan? We are all decent human beings at the end of the day. Suppose you were sat in where ever and Coventry scored and the guy next to you started saying 'YES' Would you slap him? And if so why? It doesn't happen in cricket or rugby or hockey ... I guess that actually it reflects on the intelligence of your average football fan. Discuss!

Very sad. How do we spot a Coventry fan? We are all decent human beings at the end of the day. Suppose you were sat in where ever and Coventry scored and the guy next to you started saying 'YES' Would you slap him? And if so why? It doesn't happen in cricket or rugby or hockey ... I guess that actually it reflects on the intelligence of your average football fan. Discuss!

Stick your "discuss" up your arse! I don't want them in our end

This is more of a jokey thread to mock them.

Not how to find them and hurt them/kill them haha.

God, people at football are going soft, so much for wanting a fortress, a hostile place, somewhere where the away fans won't be making more noise than the home fans, somewhere where the away players do get abuse, because for those 90 minutes, they are the opponent, we want to beat the opponent and do everything necessary to make sure that happens.

If Ashton Gate was a hostile place, people wouldn't be in the home ends as a away supporter, and if they were, they certainly wouldn't cheer if their team scored.

Home and Away sections are there for a reason, and if your end is sold out, either 2 things.

1. Tough Sh!t.

2. Sit in home end and S.T.F.U.

Simple.

C.O.Y.R's

Cov fan here. How many spotted me?

It is about time we all got over the football violence thing altogether. The vast majority of fans go to games for the love of our clubs. A bit of banter is good. It is good to get together with fans of the club you are playing against. I have friends and family all over the place. The last time I sat in the away end was against Cardiff a couple of weeks ago. The banter was great. I even missed our equaliser at the end of the game as I had turned around for the banter with fans behind me. Turned towards the game just in time to see the ball hit the back of the net. I was with relatives that are season ticket holders. If no nastyness is meant then things would be much better for crowds to be mixed like in other sports as mentioned earlier.

I started going to games in the 80's. Nothing like it is now. Them days you expected trouble going to away games. Things started to change when people started to lose their lives just for supporting a football team. That is when I came to my senses. These days there are no excuses. It is a lot safer. I enjoy having a drink with fans of the opposing team. Why not? The problem is all it takes is one idiot from each side to cause trouble. It is a bit like roadrage. One normal person. Put them behind the wheel of a car. Wait for someone else to do what they see as wrong. The red mist comes along.

Us Cov fans are normal people. We love football. We do have a few idiots though. Don't all clubs. I just hope it is a good game on monday, everyone has a good time and gets home safely, and also both teams stay up at the end of the season. I have always enjoyed away games at your place. Have also been to your place as a neutral. Wish you all good luck, but not so much on monday

Cov fan here. How many spotted me?

It is about time we all got over the football violence thing altogether. The vast majority of fans go to games for the love of our clubs. A bit of banter is good. It is good to get together with fans of the club you are playing against. I have friends and family all over the place. The last time I sat in the away end was against Cardiff a couple of weeks ago. The banter was great. I even missed our equaliser at the end of the game as I had turned around for the banter with fans behind me. Turned towards the game just in time to see the ball hit the back of the net. I was with relatives that are season ticket holders. If no nastyness is meant then things would be much better for crowds to be mixed like in other sports as mentioned earlier.

I started going to games in the 80's. Nothing like it is now. Them days you expected trouble going to away games. Things started to change when people started to lose their lives just for supporting a football team. That is when I came to my senses. These days there are no excuses. It is a lot safer. I enjoy having a drink with fans of the opposing team. Why not? The problem is all it takes is one idiot from each side to cause trouble. It is a bit like roadrage. One normal person. Put them behind the wheel of a car. Wait for someone else to do what they see as wrong. The red mist comes along.

Us Cov fans are normal people. We love football. We do have a few idiots though. Don't all clubs. I just hope it is a good game on monday, everyone has a good time and gets home safely, and also both teams stay up at the end of the season. I have always enjoyed away games at your place. Have also been to your place as a neutral. Wish you all good luck, but not so much on monday

I agree.......

But if you sit next to me I'll use your skin to make a new wallet.

Other than that, have a top visit

Always do. Don't think I have been to your place when so much has been at stake. Could end up being an open end to end game, or absolute crap as everyone is too scared to make a mistake. A draw will give both teams a good chance of staying up. A defeat for either team can put them in trouble, depending on the results on saturday of course though.

Archived