IGNORED

Team For Forest

miketh2nd

I can't see a thread on this so thought would start one.

Gerken

Skuse* carey amougou Mcallister

Adomah Cisse Pearson Ephraim

Pitman Stead

bench Ribs Kilkenny wood Bolaise James

I know mad to suggest 442 against such a free scoring forest of late but honestly much rather try and score as many as them then just get thrashed. I can see the thinking of 4-5-1 just pure defending but once we let one in that will be it. With fonts out for this game still, we do not have enough quality in defence.

Ideally would play pearson on the left but Kilkenny is too light weight.

skuse should only play if fully fit him part of derbys goal was because skuse was rusty but then wasn't great defending by amougou by committing himself so high up the pitch.

Forest score a lot of goals so we need a team that can score as well. This means Pitman must play. IMO 442 with Adomah in his current form is too dangerous so I'd go for a stronger midfield:

Gerken

Ribs Carey Amougou Mcallister

Foster Cisse Skuse Pearson

Pitman Stead

I know Foster has had some poor games. Ribs is also a bit of a risk, though he has been playing regularly recently, but he can support the attack. In truth, not many fit players.

Derek McInnes has stressed the need to make full use of the squad over the 2 games so cannot see him using the same team in both. Therefore need to consider what team you would like out against Coventry too. Personally (and depending on fitness) I would face up Coventry with Gerken; Carey, Amagou, Fontaine, McCallister; Adomah, Skuse, Cisse, Pearson; Stead, Pitman. The question then is which of these wouldn't McInnes use/risk in both (Carey being an obvious one).

How about Forest line-up of Gerken; Skuse (or Robeiro), Amagou, Keinan, McGivern; Foster, Cisse, Kilkenny, Pearson; Wood, Pitman?

--------------------------Gerken--------------------------

Skuse--------Carey------Amougou---------McAlistair

---------------------------Cisse---------------------------

------------------Kilkenny-----Pearson-----------------

Bolasie------------------------------------------Ephraim

---------------------------Stead---------------------------

I've come up with a formation by taking in to account all the thoughts of members on the forum and have decided that this formation must be the one

So it's 8 d!ckheads in a line

With 3 strikers.

No chance. He won't play more than 1 up front

Might as well pick the first eleven names who posted about this topic. I've read a few posts on Forest blogs that seem to think all they've got to do is turn up tomorrow with their boots on the right feet and they'll win. I know we've not done that well up there since Adam was a lad and we've not been (ahem) 'at our best' this season, but the over confidence coming from up there is breathtaking.

Might as well pick the first eleven names who posted about this topic. I've read a few posts on Forest blogs that seem to think all they've got to do is turn up tomorrow with their boots on the right feet and they'll win. I know we've not done that well up there since Adam was a lad and we've not been (ahem) 'at our best' this season, but the over confidence coming from up there is breathtaking.

"all they got to do is turn up"

totally agree unfortunately

--------------------------Gerken--------------------------

Skuse--------Carey------Amougou---------McAlistair

---------------------------Cisse---------------------------

------------------Kilkenny-----Pearson-----------------

Bolasie------------------------------------------Ephraim

---------------------------Stead---------------------------

Having Bolasie on the right is a great shout. Alberts mint on his day but feel a rest could do him good, 2 games in 48 hours for a winger is not a good look.

I'd also consider starting them both and giving Ephraim a free role, but again the two games in short succession might stop that.

Gerken

Skuse Keinan Amougou McCallister

Cisse

Foster Pearson Bryan

Ephraim

Stead

Closer to a 442 than a 451 with Ephraim playing just in behind Stead and running beyond him with Pearson. Foster and Bryan provide natural width and good cover for the full backs in what will be a difficult game against an in form Forest.

Gerken

Cisse

Foster Pearson Bryan

Ephraim

Stead

Closer to a 442 than a 451 with Ephraim playing just in behind Stead and running beyond him with Pearson. Foster and Bryan provide natural width and good cover for the full backs in what will be a difficult game against an in form Forest.

tbh jordan think this game could be too important for young joe to start so id push pearson or hogan left put kilkenny in for pearson moving sideways also pearson needs a big game and kilkenny

Gerken

Cisse

Foster Pearson Bryan

Ephraim

Stead

Can't see it myself. Expect Skuse to play in midfield to provide more stability. Del have great faith in Foster so expect him to continue holding down the Fullback position (RB for Forest) Carey had a solid game last time out so should keep the CB role.

Archived