IGNORED

Before I Move...which Other Parts Of The Ground Are Safe And Pleasant

Tenyards

I'm one of the evictees in the Atyeo and I've had an e-mail from Kevin Smith, the club's Commercial Director saying that B and C have been chosen because families need a "safe and pleasant" environment".

That must mean that other areas are not safe and pleasant.

As I have sat in that part of the Atyeo since 1994 bringing my three kids there (now two grown up and moved away and one on on under 21 ticket for last time last year so facing eviction and doubling of price) I don't really know what the match day experience is like elsewhere.

I don't want to sit somewhere unsafe or unpleasant so can fans help me choose where to move. My options seem to be:

Dolman: I've seen some bits and pieces of aggro over there and there seems to be conflict over people coming and going just after kick-off and before final whistle so I guess that might make certain seats unpleasant.

Williams: Far end by the away fans sometimes seems to have a lot of luminous jackets in it sorting out conflict but other than that looks OK from where I sit. Is that right?

East End: Has great appeal as unallocated seating so a whole load of us could go and continue to sit near each other (plus it is cheap). I did hear that end all shouting "w...k..r" in unison at the referee last game when there was a dodgy non-penalty decision. It doesn't really bother me(although I much preferred the old days when we sag "you aint got one never had one" at the referee!) But as an acoustic screen on the half-way line is impossible I think the club are keeping that area cheap so that they can easily refund people they chuck out next season when people in the Family Stand complain about hearing the swearing.

Atyeo H Block: Recently acquired a drum. Happy for the guys who are doing that, supporting the club in their own way and at least making a noise, but I'm afraid I'm one of those who finds drumming unpleasant (free tickets to Stomp would drive me mental).

Before I have my one-to-ne with Kevin Smith can people tell me which areas he might be referring to that are unsafe and unpleasant.

My season ticket is in the Williams Stand up by the clock near the away fans. Apart from not being able to see the centre spot because of a pillar (!!) it's a great place to be. Great view, can see and hear the away fans. No one tends to walk out early so not much obscuring of my view in the vital last few minutes. Easy to get in and out even when it's full.

I'd recommend it mate......

Not sure if you are being flippant or not.

You've answered your own questions. If you don't want exta noise or swearing then don't sit in the east end, by the drummer or the far end of the Williams

Everywhere else is absolutely fine. You won't hear any noise anywhere else, or much swearing.

If you are not being flippant then you are reading too much into a part of a letter.

You may well mock but only the other day my 11 year old was asking why he doesn't get his face painted at Ashton Gate and why there aren't any children friendly kiosks.

My 2 older grown up kids have had such an unsafe and unpleasant experience in the Dolman over the past 15 years I fear they may never speak to me again.

Why don't you not bother renewing your season ticket and just watch whenever we are live on Sky from the safe and pleasant comfort of your own home?

You may well mock but only the other day my 11 year old was asking why he doesn't get his face painted at Ashton Gate and why there aren't any children friendly kiosks.

My 2 older grown up kids have had such an unsafe and unpleasant experience in the Dolman over the past 15 years I fear they may never speak to me again.

Why don't you not bother renewing your season ticket and just watch whenever we are live on Sky from the safe and pleasant comfort of your own home?

Thanks for the tip Nick. I might just do that.

I have however been watching City for over 40 years...first from the East End, then the old Enclosure, then the East End again and since 1994 the Atyeo. In the 1970s I helped the club by selling tickets to the Enclosure to my fellow schoolmates - some of which are also being asked to move.

I';m not the one saying parts of the ground are unsafe and unpleasant - Kevin Smith is. I'm also not against face-painting, although I can understand why long-serving fans were angry at the original letter that highlighted that activity (I think the club have now universally agreed that original letter was appalling).

The only danger in block D of the Dolman is that you might trip over some of the assembled walking sticks as you take your seat. A lot of dads and kids sit there though. And me, 'tis a family tradition.

It's a fair way from the exits though.

What's amusing about this whole supposed child friendly area thing is they just don't learn.

Remember the Premier Seating fiasco. That mainly involved evicting senior citizens who'd been watching City for 60 years, without so much as a "thanks for your support".

A PR shambles made all the more memorable by a justification involving a comparison with summer holidays in the Bahamas, which had had to re-invent itself as a tourist destination as its customers were also, literally, dying off.

The Dolman has the best view, as for bing unsafe and unpleasant I don't really understand?

It's a football ground, it's a very safe environment, it's overly policed and stewarded and has hundreds of CCTV cameras that constantly monitor every action.

Unpleasant, well the most unpleasant thing about Ashton Gate is the football, the reason we go in the first place!

The reality is that, if the Club is to move on and develop, then some supporters might be affected (I was 'kicked out' of my old seat in the Williams stand, for the Premier seat development, and relocated across to the Dolman - I know have a much better seat than I used to have, but didn't like it at the time).

How else does the Club develop the ground without some disruption.

Giving a 'safe' environment to family enclosures does NOT imply 'unsafe' in all other areas - this is not logical.

I'm one of the evictees in the Atyeo and I've had an e-mail from Kevin Smith, the club's Commercial Director saying that B and C have been chosen because families need a "safe and pleasant" environment".

That must mean that other areas are not safe and pleasant.

As I have sat in that part of the Atyeo since 1994 bringing my three kids there (now two grown up and moved away and one on on under 21 ticket for last time last year so facing eviction and doubling of price) I don't really know what the match day experience is like elsewhere.

I don't want to sit somewhere unsafe or unpleasant so can fans help me choose where to move. My options seem to be:

Dolman: I've seen some bits and pieces of aggro over there and there seems to be conflict over people coming and going just after kick-off and before final whistle so I guess that might make certain seats unpleasant.

Williams: Far end by the away fans sometimes seems to have a lot of luminous jackets in it sorting out conflict but other than that looks OK from where I sit. Is that right?

East End: Has great appeal as unallocated seating so a whole load of us could go and continue to sit near each other (plus it is cheap). I did hear that end all shouting "w...k..r" in unison at the referee last game when there was a dodgy non-penalty decision. It doesn't really bother me(although I much preferred the old days when we sag "you aint got one never had one" at the referee!) But as an acoustic screen on the half-way line is impossible I think the club are keeping that area cheap so that they can easily refund people they chuck out next season when people in the Family Stand complain about hearing the swearing.

Atyeo H Block: Recently acquired a drum. Happy for the guys who are doing that, supporting the club in their own way and at least making a noise, but I'm afraid I'm one of those who finds drumming unpleasant (free tickets to Stomp would drive me mental).

Before I have my one-to-ne with Kevin Smith can people tell me which areas he might be referring to that are unsafe and unpleasant.

Is it not possible to move across to Atyeo D, E or F? At least you will have a fair idea of the view and the people around you.

Is it not possible to move across to Atyeo D, E or F? At least you will have a fair idea of the view and the people around you.

Atyeo E is where it's at, if you got the taste for some toe to toe, dodging the OB, keeping it ITK, and STILL using the gentleman's code (don't hit any scarfers, women or babies) then you can have a bit of fun.

Hope this helps

I suppose the club has always wanted to find a new family seating area since the williams stand used to be the family stand until the "premier seating". Having only been a season ticket holder in dolmoan and the ateyo I'd say the ateyo is better for families.

However to kick people out of there seats without even asking the fans of suggestions is very harsh. If you want the best view it's easily dolmoan block c/d quite high up.

The Club should have sent letters (polite) to the whole of the Ateyo. saying the situation and asking for consultation in moving current season ticketers in blocks D,E,F,G,H arround (basically Squashing groups up, therefore making room for the groups being moved from B and C) They could then have said that they are moving people to (arguably) as good seats, In groups. as well as showing that they are making an effort to current STholders.

It would also make that end of the Ateyo a real Season Ticket holders zone.

as it is the club are going to find it very hard to move groups.

Archived