IGNORED

Who Should Stay, Who Should Go

B-Rizzle

Not sure

Tins - Puerly because i don't know if he'll hang his boots up or not

Goodfellow - Gets some important goals, but is too lightweight

Go

Wilkshire - a complete and utter waste of 350k, i have tried to give him a chance, but he bottles every challenge, his passing is excentric a lot of the time, get rid of him and pay Caskey his wages.

Peacock - I like the bloke and i think would work particularly well behind a front two, but in 4-4-2 is not a good enough target man or goalscorer to be included.

Bell

Burnell

Coles - I don't want him to but he could well walk, he's too god for this division and consequently us

Doc - Same as Colsey

As for strikers, i'd look at McPhee and Beckett who are both free i think, or the Notts C striker.

Stay...

Phillips

Carey

Hill

Wilkshire

Miller

A. Brown

Awankwaah

Murray

Roberts

Rougier

Woodman

Fortune

Lita

Don't want to go but probably should or will...

Coles (needs Division 1 football)

Doherty (same as Coles)

Tinnion (its time, I'm afraid)

Definate Go...

Burnell

Peacock

Goodfellow

Matthews

Undecided about the rest, I'd throw Gillespie in at the deep end next season up front, I have high hopes for him. We need to release Peacock, and sadly Coles and Doherty will be off, if nothing else we need to seriously slash the wage bill as we were building a Division 1 team in Division 2 and we can't keep that up.

I think we need a brave decision on the youngsters, throw them in the deep end next season. Fortune should be a first team player and the likes of Miller and Wilkshire are only going to become decent confident footballers if they get a chance to play every week.

Don't think we'll have a choice with Coles, Doc and Phillips as I think they are way better than Div 2 players and am sure will get signed elsewhere.

I'd definitely give Fortune a fair chance next season. One more centre back needed though I think if Coles does go.

Midfield - if Doc goes and Tinnion hangs up his boots, that leaves us with Burnell and Wilkshire ???!!!! I think a signing may be needed here... Burnell is committed enough. I hope Aaron comes baack stronger next season - it was a turning point for us I think when he got injured - we lacked creativity down the left since he's been out. I'd keep Bell mind, he did well at the end of the season - shame he got a knock as Woodman needs a season on loan to a Div 3 outfit - not good enough at the moment.

Upfront - Gillespie looks promising and we have Roberts and Leroy with pace too..Miller has to do better next season, and Peacock should stay - we missed him big style today. Another striker signing is needed though...maybe Lee Trundle from Swansea ? or McPhee from Vale ?? We do need to add to our goals tally - this season was disappointing to say the least.

STILL GUTTED...

Guest BCFC Bu$$man

Stay

Phillips

Carey

Hill

Miller

A. Brown

Murray

Roberts

Rougier

Woodman

Fortune

Lita

peacock

goodfellow

tinnion

Guest stevey2005
Go

Wilkshire - a complete and utter waste of 350k, i have tried to give him a chance, but he bottles every challenge, his passing is excentric a lot of the time, get rid of him and pay Caskey his wages.

if you read the programme today you would have seen that luke wilkshire has done the most assists this season i do agree with you that he hasnt proved he was worth 350 k though

the player that will go i think will be peacock i cannot see him staying on and as he can go on a bosman will be snapped up by another club

also with our new signing gillespie i dont think people should rest too much on him being amazing dont get me wrong the player has loads of potential and is a brilliant player but i just feel that if we rest too much on him then he'll be under pressure resulting in average performances

Guest atyeoboy120

Our priority has to be a proven prolific goalscorer who is experienced, Trundle is a good shout, what about Brian Deane,

Peacock should go, his job is to score goals, and he doesnt score enough.

GO

Miller Just because he scored goals in Scottish 1st Division doesn't prove

he can in English Second

Wilkshire I don't even notice him

Peacock The sooner we get rid of him the quicker we will STOP 'hoofing'

the ball up the field.I dont want a bloody 'target man'

I'll reserve judgement on....

Goodfellow Too lightweight but handy to have on the bench

Bell Can still do it in Division Two and his recall upto his injury he played

like the Bell we loved

Tinnion Still too good to 'retire'

Butler Despite his bad mistakes he's brilliant in the air and has an

experienced head.Good enough for Div 2

Don't think we'll have a choice with Coles, Doc and Phillips as I think they are way better than Div 2 players and am sure will get signed elsewhere.

I'd definitely give Fortune a fair chance next season. One more centre back needed though I think if Coles does go.

Midfield - if Doc goes and Tinnion hangs up his boots, that leaves us with Burnell and Wilkshire ???!!!! I think a signing may be needed here... Burnell is committed enough. I hope Aaron comes baack stronger next season - it was a turning point for us I think when he got injured - we lacked creativity down the left since he's been out. I'd keep Bell mind, he did well at the end of the season - shame he got a knock as Woodman needs a season on loan to a Div 3 outfit - not good enough at the moment.

Upfront - Gillespie looks promising and we have Roberts and Leroy with pace too..Miller has to do better next season, and Peacock should stay - we missed him big style today. Another striker signing is needed though...maybe Lee Trundle from Swansea ? or McPhee from Vale ?? We do need to add to our goals tally - this season was disappointing to say the least.

STILL GUTTED...

As far as i know Doherty, Phillips and Coles are all under contract for next season.

Doherty got a new contract last season when it's very debatable whether he deserved one.

All 3 owe us another season, they'll only go if City want them to for squad building cash.

i would offload, mathews,pcock,wilson,barlow, i think bell will go but i would give him another season meself, roug,robo,hill and caskey(if he looses 2 stone) will get a contract, tinnion mmmmmmmmm another year but we cant keep relying on him, oh and we need a new manager

Doherty and Coles seem like possible candidadates for the club to think about selling, but they must stay as they are likely to be very good next season too -the club MUST NOT DOWNSIZE. If you don't remain ambitious you will soon end up at the wrong end of the division, let alone in the promotion stakes. Despite the obvious gloom and doom, we need some continuity and experience for next season (regardless of the managerial situation) and with Tinnion surely on the way out (great servant to the club and fantastic player in his time, but I feel he's faded towards the end of this season and won't be able to be the sort of near ever present bedrock we need for 2004/5) Doherty is even more important. Lets lobby the club to make investment (QPR fans did this during this season, even putting their own money in and looking for new investors, and it worked). I worry that Landsdown is overly keen on young players with small wages. It is good to have youngsters coming through but they won't be enough to finish first or second (and I'm sure we all agree that only that will do next season)

Guest RED DURZ

The way I feel at the moment I'd get rid of all of them!

The only one I'd offer a long term contract to is the little Chinese bloke at the start!

If he can play half as good as he shows off sign him!

He was fantastic!

Still feeling really sad though! :grr:

Archived