IGNORED

Albert In Or Out ?

bcfc1982

i said in a previous post that city are better when albert is not in the team,and yesterday was a good example ,he did come on part way through the 2nd half but in stoppage time he gave away 2 free kicks in dangerous places that could have lost us the win , i say keep him on the bench.

i said in a previous post that city are better when albert is not in the team,and yesterday was a good example ,he did come on part way through the 2nd half but in stoppage time he gave away 2 free kicks in dangerous places that could have lost us the win , i say keep him on the bench.

He was also the man who crossed in before we won the penalty, one of the few times we actually got ball into the box. With Ephraim on the the right and Woolford on the left we had no balance, though they both worked pretty hard and shouldn't be criticised. I guess it depends who Cov have as a left winger (I have no idea) and whether our right back needs protection

He was also the man who crossed in before we won the penalty, one of the few times we actually got ball into the box. With Ephraim on the the right and Woolford on the left we had no balance, though they both worked pretty hard and shouldn't be criticised. I guess it depends who Cov have as a left winger (I have no idea) and whether our right back needs protection

McSheffrey plays on the left for them. Arguably their best player. It's a really tough call with Albert. He has been out of sorts and part of me thinks it might be best to put him on the bench so he can really add something when he comes on and give Ephraim another shot out wide. Toughie though, it really is. If Albert starts then I would like to think his direct running and energy would force McSheffrey back a little. But in Del we trust.

Foster was the player who crossed it, Albert just laid it off for Foster.

Would imagine something like

.....................Gerken

Skuse.....Carey.......Fontaine......Foster

Albert......Cisse.......Pearson....Ephraim

...............Stead.......Pitman

Not what I would go with but what I imagine Del will go with, Pearson if fit as he missed Forest with a chest complaint? Imagine Wood will take a place on the bench as he played the 90 yesterday and Pitman didn't feature.

After yesterday I would want Amougou in there maybe with Fontaine at LB being a better defensive option.

Albert will play against Coventry which is why Del didn't start him v Forest. Lets hope he can turn it on infront of a sell-out Ashton Gate. Me thinks he will.

How can you say that when he has been on the bench for a while now? City seem to keep possesetion better without him so I'd keep him on the bench and bring him on as a 'impact sub'.

There's no way he will split up the centre of defence. Definitely Carey and Amougou in the middle, Macca was bad so would like to see fonts at LB, foster RB, then an unchanged midfield except replace Woolford with Bryan, and upfront have Stead and Pitman.

I think Albert needs to be used as an impact sub from now until the end of the season, he just doesn't offer the defensive support we need in these crucial games. Lets stay in the division, pre-season training with albert very heavily focused on his end product and I think he'll be key next season in whatever our aims might be. Just not the player needed right now.

I would start him tomorrow. He should be fresh as he only played a part of the game yesterday. Plus Coventry are bound to be shite at the back because of where they are in the table, and with only one win away from home this season.

Understand your view Riaz although I disagree! I would definately start Albert, especially ahead of Woolford and on the left if need be. I just think we need to give Stead and Wood or Pitman a bit more support than the scraps they were fed yesterday. Full house, great atmosphere and I just think we need to be positive and attack minded - perfect stage for Albert to do his stuff......

I think McInnes will go for a solid midfield four to include Pearson and Cisse to start off, with Ephraim playing behind Stead.

He'd be mad to change the Carey & Amougou partnership at the back.

The Forest result has got rid of my nerves and I'm looking forward to the Coventry game.

Exactly Amougou is immense on a number of levels....Fontaine at LB I suspect as thy would not have failed to notice how many times Jamie Mac got skinned. Otherwise I expect the same team

Archived