IGNORED

Better Fans When We're In Adversity?!

BS4 on Tour...

Evening all!

I'm so nervous, yet excited! I feel more tense than I did the night before the Wembley play off final!

But, I am taking comfort in the fact that I think we Bristol City fans are possibly better supporters when our team is in adversity.

One of my greatest memories is when we played Walsall at home a million years ago in an important league game (not the play offs) that we had to win. We went 1-0 down and then we had Keith Curle sent off. The players' heads visibly dropped but suddenly The Gate erupted in a wall of noise that swept around the ground. We roared the Red boys on like never before and we refused to accept we would lose the game.

This non-stop noise spread to the team and when Paul Fitzpatrick scored our 2nd at the East End to win the game it was so loud it was like a jet taking off!

Not sure I've heard us cheer on the lads with so much passion when we are doing well. Why is that? Is it because we are just not used to too much success? We seem to almost expect a struggle most seasons but when that happens I've never known us let the team down in adversity.

Now, in this age of economic pressures and Sky TV's live games it is understandable that not as many fans can attend all the important games but when our team really really need us we are there, tomorrow is a sellout which is a great testimony to how important this game is to us all.

And looking back I can think of loads of examples like the Walsall game where the crowd played such a vitally important part in getting the right result when the team were struggling.

So, I'm confident that Ashton Gate will be full of passion and noise tomorrow - even if we go a goal down. If we refuse to believe we will lose and express that verbally then the players cannot help but respond, they are human beings and a constant wall of noise will spur them onto extra effort and that will hopefully be enough to get us home.

We simply have to stay in this division, we just have to - so I know we will transmit that to the players in the right way tomorrow.

Come on City......

Good post mate but no need to be nervous its gonna be a memory day tomorrow, like many in the past whatever the result.

The Ashton roar will be ringing in our ears and so long as fans and players give 100% thats all we can do.

We WILL see to the fans side of 100% :banana: DM will make sure the players do there side. :punish:

We`re here till the end whatever happens, have a good un :city:

Evening all!

I'm so nervous, yet excited! I feel more tense than I did the night before the Wembley play off final!

But, I am taking comfort in the fact that I think we Bristol City fans are possibly better supporters when our team is in adversity.

One of my greatest memories is when we played Walsall at home a million years ago in an important league game (not the play offs) that we had to win. We went 1-0 down and then we had Keith Curle sent off. The players' heads visibly dropped but suddenly The Gate erupted in a wall of noise that swept around the ground. We roared the Red boys on like never before and we refused to accept we would lose the game.

This non-stop noise spread to the team and when Paul Fitzpatrick scored our 2nd at the East End to win the game it was so loud it was like a jet taking off!

Not sure I've heard us cheer on the lads with so much passion when we are doing well. Why is that? Is it because we are just not used to too much success? We seem to almost expect a struggle most seasons but when that happens I've never known us let the team down in adversity.

Now, in this age of economic pressures and Sky TV's live games it is understandable that not as many fans can attend all the important games but when our team really really need us we are there, tomorrow is a sellout which is a great testimony to how important this game is to us all.

And looking back I can think of loads of examples like the Walsall game where the crowd played such a vitally important part in getting the right result when the team were struggling.

So, I'm confident that Ashton Gate will be full of passion and noise tomorrow - even if we go a goal down. If we refuse to believe we will lose and express that verbally then the players cannot help but respond, they are human beings and a constant wall of noise will spur them onto extra effort and that will hopefully be enough to get us home.

We simply have to stay in this division, we just have to - so I know we will transmit that to the players in the right way tomorrow.

Come on City......

Nice Post.

We are a better team when coming from behind in the league!! Lets hope tomorrow is a good one and counts for something after46!!

Good Luck Everyone!

Evening all!

Come on City......

I remember that game well, my brother in law who is a non football fan told me later that evening that he could here the noise at Bedminster Down and had never heard noise from the Gate like it and he is considerably older than me, honest.

Evening all!

Come on City......

a really decent post mucker, but... without pissing on your bonfire we're clearly not better when our backs are against the wall. if that was the case, we'd have taken more than three fans to forest yesterday.

I would disagree.

If you came on this forum before the forest game all the posts were negative.

Some fans said we were down before we were even in the relegation zone.

People were throwing their season tickets away etc.

The negativity was disgusting.

One win and everyone suddenly is pretending they have been backing the team to stay up for the whole season when realistically there was only 10-20% who were still positive.

I would disagree.

If you came on this forum before the forest game all the posts were negative.

Some fans said we were down before we were even in the relegation zone.

People were throwing their season tickets away etc.

The negativity was disgusting.

One win and everyone suddenly is pretending they have been backing the team to stay up for the whole season when realistically there was only 10-20% who were still positive.

I agree to an extent but I think if we'd played the Derby game and all the other games we've been poor in with fight and guts and we fans knew the players were giving their all there wouldn't nearly be as much negativity. Yesterday the team battled so hard and this means a great deal to us fans. If we are to go down, we want the team to go down fighting. Negativity only comes from games such as Derby where the team didn't play well and fans didn't think the effort was what it should be.

I think though it will be a fantastic atmosphere tomorrow and hopefully we will get the right result

To be fair, it has been several weeks since anyone has mentioned we are in with a shout for the play offs directly after a one off win. I am starting to think we have truely knowledgeable football fans. The future is balanced, the future is bright.

Does anyone know where the Champions League final is in 2016 please? I need to book a hotel room.

Like most people who support Bristol City, if the team sweat blood for the cause then we will do our bit too.....Massive game..massive expectation...needs massive support, and we have duly delivered...can't wait...bring it on.

Archived