IGNORED

Left Back

Rich

The person playing in that position had a mare on saturday, does not have the legs anymore to get forward and appears to be a weak link in the team, obviously he was being assisted by others against Forest, which meant they were less effective elswhere.

Should he be replaced against Coventry by someone equally inept when going forward but happens to be a decent defender, namely Fontaine, who's back from suspension?

We can't break up the dominant pairing of Carey and Amougo? So I say let's improve the defence still further by using Fonatine at LB, he may even cover the centre backs if caught for pace.

Thoughts.

The person playing in that position had a mare on saturday, does not have the legs anymore to get forward and appears to be a weak link in the team, obviously he was being assisted by others against Forest, which meant they were less effective elswhere.

Should he be replaced against Coventry by someone equally inept when going forward but happens to be a decent defender, namely Fontaine, who's back from suspension?

We can't break up the dominant pairing of Carey and Amougo? So I say let's improve the defence still further by using Fonatine at LB, he mey even cover the centre backs if caught for pace.

Thoughts.

Got to be Fontaine at left back for me! More than happy for him to sit in their and be steady, at least that allows the left winger to get forward a bit more and create a few more chances for us hopefully!

Personally i say keep it the same? or maybe give young joe edwards ago last time he played a full 90 minutes he looked good has desire and passion to!

Not a time for novices, and I thought he was a RB.

Fontaine or Ribeiro.

Macca is past it and McGivern is poor positionally.

How could you consider Ribeiro for LB?

He's more like a right midfielder, comfortable on the ball, good going forward, ok defensively but not great and I believe used by Wales in the center of defense. Not a LB in my opinion.

How could you consider Ribeiro for LB?

He's more like a right midfielder, comfortable on the ball, good going forward, ok defensively but not great and I believe used by Wales in the center of defense. Not a LB in my opinion.

He's played at lb in the past and can be no worse than Macca (who just lets the winger run at him) or McGivern. As long as he's told to not be too adventurrous, I'd feel much more comfortable watching him at lb than Macca or McGivern. I'm not saying he's a long term solution... and I'd prefer Fonts anyway.

Foster @ left back with Skuse or Carey right back

Foster @ left side of the bench perhaps.

I'd generally take the view though of leaving the team unchanged. Frankly we have a poor back line and while Fontaine may have better attributes than Macca the team is fired up and motivated after a win; changing it might damage the fragile confidence. I am sure Del may tinker but overall leave it well alone.

Archived