IGNORED

Balotelli

Atticus

Anyone else feel sorry for the guy??

Ok, I am not defending his actions against Arsenal, god knows what he was thinking, that was really dissapointing. But what players dont have moments, and games of madness??

But is there any need for him to be on the front and back pages of the newspaper all week??? Is he a criminal?

IMO the press have so much to do with this. They appear obsessed with him. Any move he makes is being portrayed in some kind of negative light by them.

He is 21 ffs. To me he seems like a mischievous lad at worst. He has so long to mature, and is already a great talent.

And the Man City players turning on him? Seems to me like they are papering over cracks for there own piss poor performances over the last month or so.

At least Balotelli has been scoring. Unlike Aguero, Dzeko, Silva, and Nasri.

Anybody who lets off fireworks INSIDE his house is extremely stupid and doesn't deserve who have the talent that Ballotelli undoubtedly has.

If someone could get his head right and give him the advice he desperately needs then they would have a wonderful player on their hands.

Remember, this is the player that Mourinho said was 'unmanageable'!

The man is a grade A tit.

He's constantly drawing attention to himself for all the wrong reasons and seems mentality challenged to me.

That challenge on Song yesterday was appalling. He's a ticking timebomb and Its only a matter of time before he hurts himself of even worse someone else with his irresponsible behaviour.

Love Balotelli.

He does some stupid things - but people are always over-reacting. Take the game against arse - the first challenge was poor and late, but clearly balotelli didn't mean to injure the player and was simply late and clumsy.

And the time he shot and is momentum spun him round and he was accused of deliberately stamping - impossible in my eyes

He is clearly immature - but he is only 21 - and to have people watching your every move and wanting you to make a mistake must be difficult.

Balotelli is entertaining and has the potential o be a great player if everyone just cut him some slak.

Nasri did a naughty challenge on a team-mate and it was quickly forgotten by commentators - if that was mario - they woul'nt have stopped talking about it!

The man is a grade A tit.

He's constantly drawing attention to himself for all the wrong reasons and seems mentality challenged to me.

That challenge on Song yesterday was appalling. He's a ticking timebomb and Its only a matter of time before he hurts himself of even worse someone else with his irresponsible behaviour.

Yes the tackle was bad, but no worse than countless other players have committed, it was negligent but in no way malicious. But he's getting more stick than most because of who he is.

Apart from that thought he was one of only a couple of man city players who actually looked interested in beating arsenal yesterday, aguero for all his ability was utter dross and was far worse then mario.

The problems man city have start with Mancini for me, the players get their constant bickering attitude from him as he seems to be constantly bickering at them in public. What tevez did was shocking but the way Mancini handled it was woeful.

Take SAF, Japp Stam did something wrong and he was just sold, he didn't come out and moan about it in public, he just told him he didn't want him and sold him.

If you manager is a whining bastard your team will be as well. With Mancini in charge they will not win the prem as when it comes down to it he's every bit as bad as his players and there will be no team ethic.

I think over the years there have been several players that fall into the category of "flawed genius", Cantona, Gascoigne, George Best to name a few. These guys were all fantastic players but at the same time were all a sandwich short of a picnic.

I believe Balotelli is along similar lines (not suggesting he is in the same class as those mentioned above), but although he is a decent player; he isn't good enough to justify all the baggage that comes with him.

If Jose says he's "unmanageable" that's good enough for me.

Mario has a bad name... and the public love to hate dislike him. He polarises opinion, he's the Pantomime villain. He evokes strong feelings in people one way or the other, gets away with some things others would be punished for and gets punished for things other people would be let off for. He is an interesting character that clearly is immature, but I'm not sure what I would have done and how I would have acted if someone paid me hundreds of thousands of pounds every week at his age. Not entirely sure how I'd react now to be fair. What Man City NEED is team player. Mario isn't a team player. There again neither is Tevez, and the Club would be better off without the pair of 'em

Love Mario, he's what the game needs. Entertainment of the highest quality. He gets picked out for his actions because he's done it quite often but now the smallest things get blown out of proportion.

If he leaves the Premier League i'll be gutted. Still people shouldn't forget he is one hell of a talent when he wants to be.

Anyone else feel sorry for the guy??

Ok, I am not defending his actions against Arsenal, god knows what he was thinking, that was really dissapointing. But what players dont have moments, and games of madness??

But is there any need for him to be on the front and back pages of the newspaper all week??? Is he a criminal?

IMO the press have so much to do with this. They appear obsessed with him. Any move he makes is being portrayed in some kind of negative light by them.

He is 21 ffs. To me he seems like a mischievous lad at worst. He has so long to mature, and is already a great talent.

And the Man City players turning on him? Seems to me like they are papering over cracks for there own piss poor performances over the last month or so.

At least Balotelli has been scoring. Unlike Aguero, Dzeko, Silva, and Nasri.

The unpunished tackle could easily have been a leg breaker, would you have started a thread about what a misunderstood little tinker he is if had broken the guys leg?.

in the past week or so he has been in tabloids for shagging a hooker, crashing his car and yesterdays disgrace, all this whilst his club are trying to win a Premier League title and deal with another misunderstood little tinker called Tevez.

Ask yourself this Tevez once played under the much maligned Sir Alex Ferguson at manure and for just about the first time in his career never caused any trouble within that club, do you really think Ballotelli would have got away with his current antics at manure and guess what he would now be getting ready to pocket a 2nd Premier League title.

Not forgetting of course he is actually an employee and as such has a responsibility to act in an appropriate manner.

The guy is hilarious and modern football doesn't have enough characters like him. That said, I think he's massively over-rated as a player; his moments of brilliance are few and far between and his decision making is generally poor. He's not skilful or creative enough to be a play maker and doesn't work hard enough to lead the line. If I were a fan of a top Premier League team, I wouldn't want him on the pitch for my side

The guy is hilarious and modern football doesn't have enough characters like him. That said, I think he's massively over-rated as a player; his moments of brilliance are few and far between and his decision making is generally poor. He's not skilful or creative enough to be a play maker and doesn't work hard enough to lead the line. If I were a fan of a top Premier League team, I wouldn't want him on the pitch for my side

You've said it all my friend, dear old Gazza was our last real character and he at least used to produce the goods more often than not on the pitch, that's why we still love him and forgave him because 'he did the business' and won games especially in an England shirt, Ballotelli is just an embarrassment who in fact has done very little football wise since he arrived on these shores, perhaps when he actually does start allowing his football to do the talking perhaps we might remember he plays football for living and is not just an overpaid court jester who thinks he can do exactly what he wants to in life and that football is just a boring distraction from him just dicking around.

If anyone has watched the interview with Noel Gallagher then you'll see that more than half of the stuff that the media has come up with is total bollocks. They are obsessed with him and love making a joke out of him. He is a good player with good potential, he can just be a bit hot headed sometimes. Rooney was no different when he was younger. Cisse has been sent of twice since signing for QPR in January and nothing is getting said about him, yet he could well play a part now in them getting relegated, this is Balotelli's second sending off all season.

I love him being in the premier league because he can be a joy to watch. I just think he needs proper management and Mancini is not the one to do it. Someone made a great point saying he just whines all the time. Balotelli needs a manager who is going to be strong on him and take no sh*t. SAF would be a great choice, but obviously Mario will never go United.

Give the guy a break, let him talk with his football. Yes he had a bad game yesterday, he made an awful challenge and got sent off at the end of the game. But he like all the Man City players yesterday were incredibly frustrated. All of them bar Kompany yesterday probably made a bad tackle or two. He needs a rest from the media so he can concentrate on his football. He will mature with age, and one day could be a real world class player.

He's clearly talented, however he'd have to be a cross between Messi & Cruyff to justify the amount of baggage that surrounds him. Mourinho decided he was too much for him to handle, which tells you something.

I do feel that Man City have to take some of the blame here. They've indulged him far too much, and at times they almost use him as a marketing tool to promote the club, e.g the interview with Noel Gallagher, as if they're giving him encouragement to do things that draw attention to himself. Then, when he acts as he did yesterday, Mancini hangs him out to dry.

If anyone has watched the interview with Noel Gallagher then you'll see that more than half of the stuff that the media has come up with is total bollocks. They are obsessed with him and love making a joke out of him. He is a good player with good potential, he can just be a bit hot headed sometimes. Rooney was no different when he was younger. Cisse has been sent of twice since signing for QPR in January and nothing is getting said about him, yet he could well play a part now in them getting relegated, this is Balotelli's second sending off all season.

I love him being in the premier league because he can be a joy to watch. I just think he needs proper management and Mancini is not the one to do it. Someone made a great point saying he just whines all the time. Balotelli needs a manager who is going to be strong on him and take no sh*t. SAF would be a great choice, but obviously Mario will never go United.

Give the guy a break, let him talk with his football. Yes he had a bad game yesterday, he made an awful challenge and got sent off at the end of the game. But he like all the Man City players yesterday were incredibly frustrated. All of them bar Kompany yesterday probably made a bad tackle or two. He needs a rest from the media so he can concentrate on his football. He will mature with age, and one day could be a real world class player.

i'm sorry but Mario needs to give himself a break, he is a tabloid dream because he believes he can do anything without any consequences and is more than happy to use the media for his oddball behaviour, he needs to keep a low profile but that will never happen because as was said on MOTD last night 'it's all about Mario', he needs to remember that he is supposed to be a professional footballer and one thing is for sure his form since he signed for manc has not been good enough to go with the hype about what a great player he is in fact apart from the odd game he has been piss poor, that is why most people in the world know about him because of his behaviour and not his football.

i'm sorry but Mario needs to give himself a break, he is a tabloid dream because he believes he can do anything without any consequences and is more than happy to use the media for his oddball behaviour, he needs to keep a low profile but that will never happen because as was said on MOTD last night 'it's all about Mario', he needs to remember that he is supposed to be a professional footballer and one thing is for sure his form since he signed for manc has not been good enough to go with the hype about what a great player he is in fact apart from the odd game he has been piss poor, that is why most people in the world know about him because of his behaviour and not his football.

He has the odd good game? 27 goals in 59 games for City at the age of 21, he's scored some very crucial goals aswell this season. He has been one of their better players.

Overatted. Just not that good.

One thing that this season highlights is just how good Fergie is......Wenger, Keegan, Mourinho, Benitez, Mancini Dalglish etcetc they have all come and failed to match him.

In what way did Mourinho not match him? Yes Fergie is undoubtedly fantastic and one of the best around, but Jose has performed on every stage and won wherever he has gone. If he wins La Liga this year then he will have won everything, which is more than can be said for Sir Alex. But on the other hand, credit to Fergie's loyalty. Mourinho is still the best manager in the world for me though, after Del Boy of course!

He has the odd good game? 27 goals in 59 games for City at the age of 21, he's scored some very crucial goals aswell this season. He has been one of their better players.

Sent off 4 times, shagging hookers when he should have preparing for a professional football match, car accidents, fireworks, dressing room/on pitch/training ground bust ups, a total distraction for his team mates and management/training staff and most importantly potless this season, great players win trophies clowns have big boots and silly hair cuts.

Sent off 4 times, shagging hookers when he should have preparing for a professional football match, car accidents, fireworks, dressing room/on pitch/training ground bust ups, a total distraction for his team mates and management/training staff and most importantly potless this season, great players win trophies clowns have big boots and silly hair cuts.

Sent off 4 times, they haven't all been this season. Shagging hookers when he should be preparing for a football match? He's done no worse than Rooney or Giggs to be fair, how can you blame him for a car accident, firework wasn't him like he confirmed when talking to Noel Gallagher, it was his friend. All the stories about him throwing a dart at a youth player etc are all false as well, bust ups are I agree aren't good when your team is challenging for the title. Haircut and boots are irrelevant as this is 2012 and not every player wears black boots and has a short back and sides.

If it was once or twice a season, yeah fine it could just be him having a moment (like Bikey) but its all the bloody time. The tackle on Song could have been career threatening if it was an inch higher. In the game yesterday he was shown up so much. You have Kompany who is an absolute model proffesional, and Balotelli who goes round kicking people. I hope the FA reviews that first tackle and bans him for violent conduct.

Archived