IGNORED

Championship Predictor Time

Dynamite Red

I'm rubbish at predicting, but i did win the PL on here a few years back so...I have Doncaster bottom, with Portsmouth and Coventry taking the next 2 relegation spots. We actually finish above Millwall with 47 points, the same as Barnsley!

Think one more win (46pts) could be enough but a couple of draws would confirm safety IMO.

Florist- 51pts

Barnsley- 49pts

BCFC- 48pts (BiCi L, WHU D, Barns W, Burn D)

Millwall- 47pts

Portsmouth- 45pts

Coventry- 43pts

Donny- 32pts

BCAGFC

I think Portsmouth have the easiest run in and can put in a decent run with wins at home to Millwall, Crystal Palace and Derby, an away win against Doncaster and a draw against Nottm Forest on the last day. That will leave them on 47 points. If we get a point out of the next two, three points against Barnsley and a draw on the last day we will stay up on 48. Portsmouth will run us close, very close. Coventry will finish on 45 as they will get a few draws and beat Doncaster. But its football we're talking about. Anything can happen and probably will!

17th Peterborough 48 pts

18th Barnsley 48 pts

19th Nottingham F 47 pts

20th Bristol City 47 pts

21st Coventry C 46 pts

----

22nd Millwall 45 pts

23rd Pompey 42 pts

24th Doncaster 36 pts

Gave us win vs Barnsley

Draw Vs Burnley

Would rather see Millwall keen when they play Coventry. Pompey have a good run in certainly, but having won 2 in 14 would need to pretty much win all their last games to do it.

Burnley v Coventry game sticks out to me as the key game that will determine how much we have to do. Bottom line, is that unless we do as well as Coventry over the next 3 games (on paper unlikely), it goes to the last game!

I go bonkers over these things, and can over analyse until my head starts hurting.

Coventry winning at Burnley, us drawing to Barnsley (who might still need a point themsleves) all throw huge spanners in our calculations - as did Coventry drawing to Peter'bro for them.

I prefer the simple -

- We do well, Coventry do well - we stay up;

- We do well, Coventry do badly - we stay up;

- We do badly, Coventry do badly - we stay up;

- We do badly, Coventry do well - we go down.

Simples.

Much better position than I could have conceived of Saturday morning, so just going to try and take one game at a time, look to our own form and what will be in the other matches will be.

I go bonkers over these things, and can over analyse until my head starts hurting.

Coventry winning at Burnley, us drawing to Barnsley (who might still need a point themsleves) all throw huge spanners in our calculations - as did Coventry drawing to Peter'bro for them.

I prefer the simple -

- We do well, Coventry do well - we stay up;

- We do well, Coventry do badly - we stay up;

- We do badly, Coventry do badly - we stay up;

- We do badly, Coventry do well - we go down.

Simples.

Much better position than I could have conceived of Saturday morning, so just going to try and take one game at a time, look to our own form and what will be in the other matches will be.

Or Millwall do shocking and don't get another point and we pick up 2 points we stay up

Just re-did the predictor with tonight's current results staying as they are, both at 0-1. Going into the final game of the season (with us losing to Brum & Wham but beating Barnsley and Coventry beating Donny, Millwall and drawing away to Burnley) everything was to play for with the bottom of the league looked like this...

18. Millwall -11GD 47pts

19. Barnsley -24GD 47pts

20. Coventry -15GD 46pts

21. Forest -20GD 46pts

-------------------------------------------

22. CITY -27GD 46pts

23. Pompey -10GD 35pts

24. Donny -39GD 33pts

I had us to nick a point when it was needed at Burnley, and Coventry to lose to Saints as a win would secure them the league, a draw and Reading could still win it (if my predictions were correct.) So the table finished like this...

18. Forest -19GD 49pts

19. Millwall -12GD 47pts

20. Barnsley -25GD 47pts

21. CITY -27GD 47pts

-------------------------------------------

22. Coventry -16GD 46pts

23. Pompey -11GD 35pts

24. Donny -40GD 33pts

Whether my results are way out or not, I reckon it could go down to the last game of the season, and I think we'll need a big following at Burnley. BUT, I still think we could do it.

• Admin

Don't underestimate the psychological effect of our win on Monday, we now have a 4 point lead over Cov who from the outside will see we're unbeaten in 4 games regardless of how we played in those games.

If we can pick up a lucky/gritty point at Brum whilst Cov get no better than a draw themselves at Burnley it could be all over bar the shouting.

I'll admit, before the Forest game I'd accepted we were going down but this hope is now killing me.

I had us down for 47 points:

Brum 2-0 city

City 1-1 west ham

City 2-0 Barnsley

Burnley 1-0 city

Coventry 43 points:

Burnley 1-0 cov

Cov 1-1 Millwall

Cov 2-0 Donny

Southampton 2-1 cov

Exactly how I have it, all settled before the final game of the season.

We could spring a couple of surprises against brum And west ham. Looking at the table brum have no chance of an automatic spot after readings win tonight and after Friday night with reading playing Southampton , the hammers chances could be all but gone too. Both could have one eye on the play offs rather than have two eyes on the ball !

Archived