IGNORED

Why No Woolford Today?

freezer

Surely Woolford should have played today.

He was great against Forest and has done enough this season to command a regular place.

If he'd of started today we would probably of won by a lot more!

He could of brought more quality and end product to today's side.

With the selections made today etc etc im thinking DM had a 2 game team rotation in place regardless of the result against Forest.

Yes. He said before the Forest game that there would be changes for today, 2 high pressure games in 3 days is a lot of work.

Woolford did 90 minutes against Forest, having not played very much recently, so it wasn't a huge surprise to see him not feature.

He played well sat but I think del made the right choice. He said he will use the whole squad over the weekend and he did. Peesonaly I'd of had and Pearson in over him both times. Pearson was not available sat I know, should he have been, I believe woolford wouldn't have played sat

Surely Woolford should have played today.

He was great against Forest and has done enough this season to command a regular place.

If he'd of started today we would probably of won by a lot more!

He could of brought more quality and end product to today's side.

U clearly havent been to enough games to understand why!!!

Rested, injured or whatever, he aint good enough.

A 'goal' v Forest has severly clouded the fact that he isnt a Championship-quality player.

Pearson is far and away a better player. More committed, stronger, more quality.

U clearly havent been to enough games to understand why!!!

Rested, injured or whatever, he aint good enough.

A 'goal' v Forest has severly clouded the fact that he isnt a Championship-quality player.

Pearson is far and away a better player. More committed, stronger, more quality.

Did Pearson show quality in a mid-table Derby side ever? I know a few Derby fans and they were happy to get rid of him, and from what i've seen of him, I've seen no glimpses of quality whatsoever. If he was "quality" why didn't Derby keep him and play him?

Did Woolford show quality in a struggling S****horpe side when they were in the Championship? yes he did, 8 goals from the left hand side, and some against top sides with top quality goals and S****horpe fans were gutted to see him leave.

All the abuse he has got since the day he has got here isn't going to help anyone, he is clearly a confidence player and people berating him all the time isn't fair on him. He clearly has promise and has shown glimpses of things that he can play well but just hasn't suited into our style of play, I'll stick to my guns and say that if we keep Woolford, he'll come good without a doubt.

Woolford has been bit of a liability, seems lacking in confidence, having said that when I saw he was starting against Forest, and expecting a point at most, I thought Oh Christ Dell what's that all about, but he knew and I didn't, but not a week in week out Championship player, for me anyway.

Yeah, I did watch the Forest game, but all the players were fighting for their lives and losing the ball, Albert, Foster, McAllister, Stead and Wood were losing the ball a lot throughout and I don't see constant abuse of all those players during that game, its just victimisation on his part, you can't say he's a bad football player when he has succeeded at other clubs.

Did you watch the Forest game?

What is the point of Woolford?

Can't cross, can't score, tackles like a girl.

Would make a good number 17 in a 16 man squad!

Was at the Forest game. He did most of the job Macca should have been doing by trying to keep McLeary at bay, was involved in all of City's best forays forward, ran his socks off for the team and 'scored'. What more do you want.

Did Pearson show quality in a mid-table Derby side ever? I know a few Derby fans and they were happy to get rid of him, and from what i've seen of him, I've seen no glimpses of quality whatsoever. If he was "quality" why didn't Derby keep him and play him?

Did Woolford show quality in a struggling S****horpe side when they were in the Championship? yes he did, 8 goals from the left hand side, and some against top sides with top quality goals and S****horpe fans were gutted to see him leave.

All the abuse he has got since the day he has got here isn't going to help anyone, he is clearly a confidence player and people berating him all the time isn't fair on him. He clearly has promise and has shown glimpses of things that he can play well but just hasn't suited into our style of play, I'll stick to my guns and say that if we keep Woolford, he'll come good without a doubt.

What Pearson did at derby is irrelivent. Also the same of Woolford.

As far as comparison goes there isnt one. Woolford tackles like my gran and has the strength of a dandi lion. Is he a scapegoat? I dont think so. Is he good enough, in our team, in any shape or formation, no.

I think a hair cut and no alice band might make him more of a favourite too!!

As far as comparison goes there isnt one. Woolford tackles like my gran and has the strength of a dandi lion. Is he a scapegoat? I dont think so. Is he good enough, in our team, in any shape or formation, no.

He had his hair cut and got rid of the Alice Band before the Forest game. He must be listening to you.

Ok we'll ignore the spelling but you're just wrong. And thick but I did say I was gonna ignore that. It's unlikely anyone will stick Woolford on the back of their shirt but not impossible. Put in a huge shift at Forest which may eventually mean we stay up, scored, not his fault it was wrongly disallowed for offside and did very little wrong. Carey/Amougou/Gerkin/Wood were fantastic. J.Mc/Foster weren't . Woolford you've decided you don't like I'm guessing because it's fashionable on here but unfortunately he did his best, wasn't that bad and we won. And what did you contribute? Decent shift down the pub?

Ok we'll ignore the spelling but you're just wrong. And thick but I did say I was gonna ignore that. It's unlikely anyone will stick Woolford on the back of their shirt but not impossible. Put in a huge shift at Forest which may eventually mean we stay up, scored, not his fault it was wrongly disallowed for offside and did very little wrong. Carey/Amougou/Gerkin/Wood were fantastic. J.Mc/Foster weren't . Woolford you've decided you don't like I'm guessing because it's fashionable on here but unfortunately he did his best, wasn't that bad and we won. And what did you contribute? Decent shift down the pub?

Blah de blah.

Forum of opinions me old fruit spelling or not!!

A decent shift at Forest? So that wudve been why Mcallister was run ragged 1 v 1 with Mccleary the whole 1st half as Woolford was so far out of position then? Clearly not doing his job there was he!! Ofcourse he put in a shift. I didnt say he didnt try. For probably £5k per week thats the least i'd expect.

His aimless panic 'passes' and woeful positioning was evident at Forest. As were some others too.

Thick? Oh my days.

Nighty night. Make sure mummy's tucked you in!!

Archived