IGNORED

Coventry Forum

hinsleburg

Just having a glance at their forum and quite a few of them saying they were better than us today, did they have their live streams mixed up or something? Whilst they looked reasonable on the ball they were never a threat and whilst we weren't good we certainly looked better than them I thought?

they were the worst team i have seen this season, shocking absolutley no threat up front - i cant see how they have even got their results of late - very poor team - they will go down - how the bloody hell they can say they were the better side today, very odd

They were ok in the first half but did'nt cause us to many problems. They fell to pieces in the seconded half we looked fresh and up for it where as they looked dead on there feet hence with only 10 men we scored a brillant third goal.

I thought they were far from one of the worse teams we have seen this season, and played some good football at the back and in the middle, albeit in hindsight they did not create many chances in the final third.

And yes, their fans were a credit. A decent support and good noise, even before they scored.

Come on chaps, enjoy the win, but credit is due. I would rather the likes of Forest or Barnsley went down instead of them.

I looked on their live match thread earlier and most were very downbeat and down on the performance. Have to say, they were as bad (and maybe even worse) as us at our worst this season. First half I thought was fairly even, we perhaps shaded it and were unlucky to go in trailing. Second half they had one or two little spells but were definitely second best. Today will have been hard for them and they'll be absolutely gutted. I can't imagine how I'd be feeling now had we lost, it was massive.

Would still much rather Millwall went down mind - and with them still to play at Coventry, its not over yet for them.

Must say, they are more convinced that it is over that many of us are - they win at Burnley and its all back in the melting pot for me.

They were not that bad. Personally thought Millwall at our place were worse than them. To simply claim 'they will go down' is so naive. If they had a decent strike force they would have caused us problems. They were a lot more organised than we were up until we scored where the game naturally became more open.

They were not that bad. Personally thought Millwall at our place were worse than them. To simply claim 'they will go down' is so naive. If they had a decent strike force they would have caused us problems. They were a lot more organised than we were up until we scored where the game naturally became more open.

They had a lot of first half possession but created nowt.

One thing I would say is, in the first half they were a lot better at keeping the ball than we were. Our passing was shocking first half.

Totally agree, I thought they were far better than us first half. They tired in the 2nd half, Del's 6 changes to there 2 from Saturdays game made all the difference IMO.

Just having a glance at their forum and quite a few of them saying they were better than us today, did they have their live streams mixed up or something? Whilst they looked reasonable on the ball they were never a threat and whilst we weren't good we certainly looked better than them I thought?

Coventry were OK in the first half and were lucky for us to score their goal. In the second half they really started to flag as a team in the pouring rain while our redz just grew stronger. I think the manner of our victory had a lot to do with the huge home crowd that we've lacked at all previous home games. £10 adult entry for the upcoming West Ham and Barnsley games is a must to get the vocal support for the team.

Cov were organised at the back, wide open in midfield and toothless in attack.

When I saw our team lineup with Killa and Skuse in midfield my heart sank.

But they had no one in midfield so Killa ran the show.

At the back, lacking confidence from a poor season , as they tired they just hoofed it.

Up front Platt's been around for such a long time. I remember him rearranging Tony Butler's smile in the tunnel (allegedly) some 6 or 7 years ago. But no real threat.

All in all I can see why they are where they are but I've seen worse at the Gate. Pompey for example.

For what its worth, I'd rather see Milwall or Forest go down before Cov

Cov were organised at the back, wide open in midfield and toothless in attack.

Yer joking mate. They had three men who could've tackled Bolassie but they all left it for the others. One looked like he lifted his leg to let the shot pass under it!

Archived