IGNORED

Shall We Do The Same As Rotherham Promotion Game When Playing Barnsley?

CiderArmyy

in other words, stick barnsley fans in that corner and get the fans to surround the whole stadium?? Assuming we sell out again of course..

Absolutely. Better to sell 7000 tickets at £5 or £10 a go than 2000 at £25 a go. The amount of revenue is less important than the atmosphere a sell out brings. Barnsley won't bring more than 500.

Rotherham were already relegated to brought a tiny crowd to the game. Barnsley are not out of it, and we are required to offer them either 10 or 15 percent (I forget) capacity. They'll bring significantly more than Rotherham I expect.

Rotherham were already relegated to brought a tiny crowd to the game. Barnsley are not out of it, and we are required to offer them either 10 or 15 percent (I forget) capacity. They'll bring significantly more than Rotherham I expect.

As far as I know , there are no hard and fast rules regarding minimum ticket allocations in the Football League. FA Cup certainly has and the Premier league has if the ground holds more than 30000.

33.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

33.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Executive may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. With effect from the 2011/12 Season each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club's central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-5-fixtures_2293633_2125729

A related question re the Coventry game: did prices get reduced for the visiting fans also? And were we obliged to do so, if so? I recall many times there being debates about whether visiting fans can be charged more than home fans for a comparable seat (and comparable is probably very vaguely applied). Only time I recall being fleeced was possibly at Oldham ages ago, where POTD for us was more than the home fans in the same stand.

The above rules only mean we have to offer them those many tickets, if they dont want them then we can sell them to home fans instead.

Yes, the point was that they're likely to take up significantly more of that offer than Rotherham did.

I don't think we should be giving 2 thirds of the east end (including the block behind the goal) to away fans for games we must win. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how much had been allocated to Coventry. We should occupy the middle block. Half a block is more then ample for segregation, a full house should be over 21k, not 19,003.

Archived