IGNORED

Coventry...do The Sensible Thing...

cityexile

Surely far better to seek administration this year when it will make no difference...

http://www.coventryt...92746-30733636/

Extract...

Council leader John Mutton said yesterday: “I don’t think the future looks very promising for the football club.

"I haven’t really got details I can go in to, but if there has been a default, I think Arena Coventry Ltd will do what we would do with any other business in a similar position. That is issue a notice and demand payment.”

In truth I it reads like a neogotaiting ploy than anything else by the club, and actually have a soft spot for them and wish them no real harm - other than finishing below us!

Surely far better to seek administration this year when it will make no difference...

http://www.coventryt...92746-30733636/

Extract...

Council leader John Mutton said yesterday: “I don’t think the future looks very promising for the football club.

"I haven’t really got details I can go in to, but if there has been a default, I think Arena Coventry Ltd will do what we would do with any other business in a similar position. That is issue a notice and demand payment.”

In truth I it reads like a neogotaiting ploy than anything else by the club, and actually have a soft spot for them and wish them no real harm - other than finishing below us!

Would love that

£100k to. They must seriously be in the shite!

What's the rules with this right now? I know they changed them after Leeds went into administration mid game on the last game of the season.

Can they enter administration once they are confirmed as down to impact this years tally?

In other words, say that they are confirmed as relegated with a game to go, can they do it, or do the rules now mean they have to wait until next season for the points to drop off.

I can't see them even thinking about admin unless there is no chance of them escaping the drop.

I think even if they did go into administration wouldn't their 10 point deduction start at the beginning of next season?

If they go down and then go into admin - it will be carried over to next season.

If they stay up, but then ten point deduction relegates them - they wont have the ten point deduction again - which is fair, because they would have been relegated as a punishment.

My suggestion about administration is a little tongue in cheek, and this reads like its being 'managed'.

What I mean by that is even if this is being considered as an option (and there is no evidence that it is), they mau choose the time it makes the least difference to them - if they can stay up, it is much less likely to happen, if they are going down anyway, then maybe.

As far as the rules go - I believe it carries forward to the new season if it happens in close season - unless it woud have affected proption/relegation - which is a pretty big 'unless' for us! Might be wrong on that however.

Would treat this as all by the by and focus on winning our games!

Would rather we just do this with the game plan A in mind, I know I won't feel right about being above Pompey until we are 10 points ahead of them this season.

I get that point and it does cross my mind. Equally, rationally, it could be said Coventry vis a vis Pompey are in a much worse position trying to make do with a paper thin squad, rather than a bigger more expensive squad they could not afford.

Not a comment I know everyone agrees with, but when you see what happens to other clubs I do think we should tip our hat to SL now and again. A local business person who puts money in, rather than a faceless organisation with no local roots. There but for the grace of SL...

Also highlights any 'new stadium dream' needs to be very carefully structured if not to become a nightmare!

I get that point and it does cross my mind. Equally, rationally, it could be said Coventry vis a vis Pompey are in a much worse position trying to make do with a paper thin squad, rather than a bigger more expensive squad they could not afford.

Not a comment I know everyone agrees with, but when you see what happens to other clubs I do think we should tip our hat to SL now and again. A local business person who puts money in, rather than a faceless organisation with no local roots. There but for the grace of SL...

Also highlights any 'new stadium dream' needs to be very carefully structured if not to become a nightmare!

A New stadium dream is only a diasaster if its owned by the council and the club get no gate money which is what happens at Coventry (I think they do get 50% of the gate money now),

In pompeys case - It wont bother me that we only stay up because of there deduction.

Because there over-spending directly affected us - they beat us to the signing of Kitson - by giving him high wages.

So we lost out on a player, because we were careful the wages we paid - and pompey offered wages which were unsustainable.

We shouldn't feel bad if we stay up because of Pompeys point deduction because, the facts are, they have been punished for what they've done. How would we feel if we went down because they WEREN'T punished? Rules are rules and they broke them, other teams haven't, simple.

I have no sympathy for Pompey. They were given another chance and promptly went out and spent even more money that they didn't have. Their fans don't care a jot as long as they win no matter what.

Cov have done what the gas did many years before and don't own the stadium. Their trouble is that they have never been able to match the magnificent stadium development on the pitch, and sadly, I doubt they ever will.

So as a consequence it has become the proverbial millstone around their neck and paradoxically, is sucking the life out of the club.

I have no sympathy for Pompey. They were given another chance and promptly went out and spent even more money that they didn't have. Their fans don't care a jot as long as they win no matter what.

Cov have done what the gas did many years before and don't own the stadium. Their trouble is that they have never been able to match the magnificent stadium development on the pitch, and sadly, I doubt they ever will.

So as a consequence it has become the proverbial millstone around their neck and paradoxically, is sucking the life out of the club.

Spot on , they owe £20M more now than the last time they came out of administration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17679909

Archived