IGNORED

Gillingham Vs Swindon Town

Monkeh

This is all over policing bills?

Whatever you think of them, have to feel a little for Swindon fans - may be the game they can secure promotion, and not even allowed to go?

If this ever happened to us, I would be livid, after a long season!

I dont think the police should be able to dictate on this.

Firstly, its their job anyway and I dont see why they should be paid twice.

Secondly, there are often too many police officers at smaller games.

Can remember against peterborough a few years ago in the League Cup, where we had a crowd of about 4k - there was never going to be any trouble in a million years - but there were loads of coppers - loads just sat down having a cup of tea - near the 200 or so away fans.

I dont think the police should have an open chequebook for matches.

I dont think the police should be able to dictate on this.

Firstly, its their job anyway and I dont see why they should be paid twice.

Secondly, there are often too many police officers at smaller games.

Can remember against peterborough a few years ago in the League Cup, where we had a crowd of about 4k - there was never going to be any trouble in a million years - but there were loads of coppers - loads just sat down having a cup of tea - near the 200 or so away fans.

I dont think the police should have an open chequebook for matches.

The council have issued the banning order not the police, I think the issue is extra policing which is required think of us and leeds, we had to pay extra poilicing for that due to previous which is whats happening here but Gillingham FC are refusing to pay which is why the council have issued the prohibition notice,

It all goes down to who fits the bill for the poilce us the tax payer or the club as the club is a profit making business I'd aire on the side of them paying the bill not the local tax payer

It all goes down to who fits the bill for the poilce us the tax payer or the club as the club is a profit making business I'd aire on the side of them paying the bill not the local tax payer

But I think Gillingham are objecting to the size of the bill for this game, not the fact that they have to pay for policing per se.

You have to ask, what do Kent Police think is going to happen? Numerous moonrakers ecstatically invading the pitch and wanting to kiss their team is the biggest likelihood, a mass punch-up is not on the cards. TBH the only person who potentially poses a security threat is Di Canio! :laughcont:

But I think Gillingham are objecting to the size of the bill for this game, not the fact that they have to pay for policing per se.

You have to ask, what do Kent Police think is going to happen? Numerous moonrakers ecstatically invading the pitch and wanting to kiss their team is the biggest likelihood, a mass punch-up is not on the cards. TBH the only person who potentially poses a security threat is Di Canio! :laughcont:

There has been a nasty history between Gillingham and Swindon going back years,

Its a bit like us vs Cardiff use to be

Right. I did not know that. I try to have as little as possible to do with the Medway towns and north Wiltshire as possible...

Indeed there is history between the two clubs. Goes back to a bad tempered play off game in the late eighties I believe and there's been bad blood ever since.

Spot on there, they really HATE each other.

Went to Swindle v Gillingham a very long time ago when City never had a game, it was carnage.

Swindle won 4-3 and there was a mass pitch invasion by both set of fans and fisticuffs all over the place.

BCAGFC

Oh they loathe us for the above reasons and of course there are sections of our support that hate them too but it's not as much of an issue at the County Ground (any more).

It's all very petty but it wouldn't be an issue if Gillingham fans wouldn't stop going on and on about us and therefore give the police a reason to request more money. Scally and the local police/council don't seem to get on which doesn't help their situation.

Oh they loathe us for the above reasons and of course there are sections of our support that hate them too but it's not as much of an issue at the County Ground (any more).

It's all very petty but it wouldn't be an issue if Gillingham fans wouldn't stop going on and on about us and therefore give the police a reason to request more money. Scally and the local police/council don't seem to get on which doesn't help their situation.

Scally is one of the worst chairman going and he is a vile man as well I've met him a few times and he really is a nasty piece of work

Hi Rich, (Sam C's mate here), if I was a Swindon fan, I'd regardless if it meant that promotion would be achieved on that day!

Didn't they have something similar a while back, they always seem to be in dispute with someboy. I can't remember all the details but with Scally in charge there is always something going on with them. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him personally.

I think they are looking for money from Swindon towards the policing costs. Yea it's tough the home club has to pay for policing, but at least with promotion very likely the fans will be happy. I'd rather pay to police that than fans who have lost out unexpectedly, or relegated on the last kick of the game!

This has got to be resolved as otherwise they will have thousands of Swindon fans decending on the town causing chaos. At least in the stadium they are all in one place and can be policed easier. They will travel anyway, that's obvious.

Hi Rich, (Sam C's mate here), if I was a Swindon fan, I'd regardless if it meant that promotion would be achieved on that day!

Hello!

They'll be Town fans in Kent that day I'm sure of that.

Scally probably does want Town to pay some of the costs but I hope we tell him him to do one. It's a bizarre situation.

Bless you :photo:

I hope our destiny will be sorted by Gillingham.

Regardless of what happens next, this season has been much needed. Shame it was within Divvy 4.

Ask Scally if he still believes in the Premier League 1 and 2 with no relegation now Gillingham are in the 4th division?

Archived