IGNORED

Soton V Reading Draw Please

riddlesdown red

I think the idea that teams 'with nothing to play for' just roll over and are push-overs is a bit of a myth. They may well be more inclined to experiment with fringe players, formations etc now the urgency is gone but at the same time they play with no nerves.

I think the idea that teams 'with nothing to play for' just roll over and are push-overs is a bit of a myth. They may well be more inclined to experiment with fringe players, formations etc now the urgency is gone but at the same time they play with no nerves.

Did you watch QPR v Swansea?? that was a prime example of a team with everything to play for against a team with very little.

Dont think Brum will be bothered about this game. They'll know that 2nd isnt realisticly acheivable

But they will be looking to beat us, because they'll want to finish at least 4th, so they are at home in the 2nd leg of the play-offs

Dont think Brum will be bothered about this game. They'll know that 2nd isnt realisticly acheivable

But they will be looking to beat us, because they'll want to finish at least 4th, so they are at home in the 2nd leg of the play-offs

Is trollope still there?

Southampton will want to win their last game at home in front of their fans to cap a great season - whether they are already champions and just relax and play, or they are still pushing for points to get top slot I cannot see Coventry beating them. So a draw against Reading would serve us fine.

A draw in this fixture before our game at brum would put automatic promotion for brum out of the window and leave them in the play offs, surely this would be good news for us?

Do you really think, if it's not a draw, Brum players will be motivated by the extraordinarily small chance that (a) the losers of Soton/Reading will go on to lose all their other games as well, (b) Brum will win all of their remaining games, and © West Ham will pick up less than six points?

They'll want to cement their play-off place. Nothing more, nothing less.

For the reasons already stated by others (plus a few personal reasons for wanting Soton to stay down), a Reading win for me :banana:

Looking to the Spammer game and the spammers, I think them knowing a pray-off is the only way could help us. We, battling for our lives, they, resting players.

Could also backfire, could also make no difference at all.

I hope Reading win though, S'ton are a 1 man team and that man is a porkpieface fatty arbuckle :gasmask:

What a finish from Le Fondre, another player we missed out on.. would of preferred him to Maynard if im honest.

no we just got the wrong striker from Rotherham was all, didn't Le Fondre move to Reading a few weeks after we signed Taylor?

Archived