IGNORED

1976 Bristol City Away Shirt On Ebay

FredTheRed08

I have the same shirt but long sleeved.

Since acquiring it from eBay about 10 years ago it's been hanging in my wardrobe.

Partly because it's a treasure... but also because it's quite tight these days!

No reason to believe it's not genuine, but definitely a replica fans kits rather that a players.

Nick

Odd with an away shirt (original). Haven't seen one before. Got two child sized home shirts from the late seventees, bought one of them for my brother 79 or 80. Must have started to sell them about that time and must have been home shirts at first. Anyone remember having bought an away shirt??

Yes I had both the home and away Umbro kits and they must have been on sale before summer '79 as I have photo evidence of me wearing the home one on holiday that summer. Seem to remember I had the white away shirt sooner than that.

when north Bristol was all gas

Well I used to wear those City kits playing football at Patchway High School, don't remember anyone giving me any grief at all. There were loads of City fans there and I definitely don't recall the area as the Rovers stronghold it's reputed to be.

80s I thought they started selling shirts!

I can definitely remember kids shirts being sold late 70s - City used to have a shop (or may just have been a kind of empty shop demo ing what you could buy) up the Broadwalk shopping centre when I was in junior school c. 1978

Well I used to wear those City kits playing football at Patchway High School, don't remember anyone giving me any grief at all. There were loads of City fans there and I definitely don't recall the area as the Rovers stronghold it's reputed to be.

This,loads of City in Southmead.

Archived