IGNORED

1,100 Gas Heads "support Stadium"

PhilC

I've just had an exchange on their forum about funding for their stadium.

It's always puzzled me where the money is coming from, land form UWE, bit of cash from Sainsburys, maybe the odd grant, but if the stadium is going cost £40m where is the rest of the money coming from.

One of them replied that the source of the money is not common knowledge and no one with BRFC's best interests at heart will go public yet they claim to own the stadium and that they will be debt free. WTF?

Sounds like some sort of Dunceford scam to me.

Wish them well as the city needs it. Both stadiums are needed.

Did anyone else see the Mem's pitch on Saturday? It was bad, even by League Two standards!

Almost started a thread on it, what the hell? what were all those plough lines for? are they sewing vegetables on there or something, NOT a football pitch by any standards surely?

If I was the opposition I would have refused to play.

It's always puzzled me where the money is coming from, land form UWE, bit of cash from Sainsburys, maybe the odd grant, but if the stadium is going cost £40m where is the rest of the money coming from.

One of them replied that the source of the money is not common knowledge and no one with BRFC's best interests at heart will go public yet they claim to own the stadium and that they will be debt free. WTF?

Probably from all the money Dunceford Dairies robbed from them from various transfers in the past!!

Not Lansdown then?

:-o

Almost started a thread on it, what the hell? what were all those plough lines for? are they sewing vegetables on there or something, NOT a football pitch by any standards surely?

If I was the opposition I would have refused to play.

no, the vegetables were in

blue and -hite.

Sigh... Sorry guys I was just trying to make a couple of people smile in what's clearly hard times for us. I hope both get built as well, it's merely just a little jibe at the huge support the Barcelona of League 2 get. Sorry, I'll start a new topic and moan about our defence, our management, our tactics, or just have a general moan about something else instead then...

Ciderdevil: I am also sorry that you find my post childish, and thanks for taking the time to write a one word reply to state that.

Semblat: Thanks, that's more the sort of reply I was looking for and made me smile, I'm glad you share a sense of humour with me.

Im glad I made you smile Phil. Lets all be grown ups about this and hope both clubs get their new stadium. It can only be a positive impact on the city of Bristol. I also hope the Gas can get back to the champo with us, so the Bristol derbys can return. I miss the banter and the bragging rights with family and work mates.

I miss the banter and the bragging rights with family and work mates.

You miss having bragging rights? When was the last time they finished above us in the league?

We've had 12 years of bragging rights, hence why we should be able to take the piss out of them whenever we want.

If having a poke at the Gas is now frowned upon, we should change the name of this forum to something like 'Fluffy Cuddly Football Chat.Com'

Really hope it gets built there is no cutting edge dislike against the Sags anymore 1 paint pot semi-final game which is hardly a League or F A Cup competition and that's their 1 thing to spout off about,,,, we didn't beat them in the league from 1986 until 1991 ( 9 games without a win ) i can't get excited with thoughts of that battered up old shed hosting Rovers / City matches if they ever take place in the near future ????? Going to Eastville had a buzz to it Stapleton Rd,Muller Rd it was their patch not a bloody Ikea faceless retail park if they do get this ground built i hope it can generate some of the old rivalry again....

You miss having bragging rights? When was the last time they finished above us in the league?

We've had 12 years of bragging rights, hence why we should be able to take the piss out of them whenever we want.

If having a poke at the Gas is now frowned upon, we should change the name of this forum to something like 'Fluffy Cuddly Football Chat.Com'

Exactly.

F- their stadium.

I'm buying shares in Hewlett Packard. :devil:

Archived