IGNORED

Time To Hold My Hands Up...

Alex#40

Now I don't post this to have an argument about my views, I'm not saying it for redemption or asking for approval but I think I need to say it...

I have been Cole Skuse's harshest critic for a long time now. He went seasons without impacting games, he has rarely shown any attacking ability and too be honest, in my opinion, never offered very much to the team.

However something has changed in the last 10 games. When the going got tough Cole has stepped up and shown himself to be a fighter. Not only that but he started to show a wider range of passing (had always been a sideways, backwards merchant) and has shown a desire that few others in red can match.

He isn't Paul Scholes and he isn't Yaya Toure but he has proven me wrong in the last 10 games and long may it continue. If Skuse can maintain this level of play along with Cisse then with Marvin Elliott, Stephen Pearson and hopefully a new attacking midfielder we look well set in midfield.

Well done Cole and long may it continue.

I can't see any difference, he's always been top quality, he dictates the pace of the game, a sign of a good player.

+1

I personally can't remember the last time I ever thought Skuse has had a bad game. Perhaps it took a little while for him to adjust to RB position but apart from that, I've always thought he's been our most consistent player this season.

• Admin

At St Johnstone mcinnes developed a reputation for getting the best out of players who hitherto in their careers had perhaps failed to live up to their potential.

If this turns out to be the case with Skuse (& to an extent Pearson) it will make a refreshing change from the usual Bristol City habit of signing decent players & making them sh*t :)

+1

I personally can't remember the last time I ever thought Skuse has had a bad game. Perhaps it took a little while for him to adjust to RB position but apart from that, I've always thought he's been our most consistent player this season.

He was having poor games before he got injured!

At St Johnstone mcinnes developed a reputation for getting the best out of players who hitherto in their careers had perhaps failed to live up to their potential.

If this turns out to be the case with Skuse (& to an extent Pearson) it will make a refreshing change from the usual Bristol City habit of signing decent players & making them sh*t :)

Would love to see him get the best of Ribeiro!

He isn't Paul Scholes and he isn't Yaya Toure but he has proven me wrong in the last 10 games and long may it continue. If Skuse can maintain this level of play along with Cisse then with Marvin Elliott, Stephen Pearson and hopefully a new attacking midfielder we look well set in midfield.

Well done Cole and long may it continue.

He's a much better (and more versatile player) than Pearson.

Pearson made 0 successful tackles, got up but didn't get a head to the best empty net chance we had and was generally dire.

Time for some Pearson fans to analyse what he really brings to the picnic.

I have always rated Skuse as a player, but in the last few games he has surprised even me. He appears to have turned in to Elliott when we don't have the ball (and as Marvin's biggest fan that means alot) and also very comfortable and controlled while having the ball.

He is never going to beat his chest and drive the team on in a Shaun Taylor type of way, but you can tell this club really matters to him and to me that is important! He really is one of the few who can be proud of the season they had, I thought he was very impressive at right back after McInnes first came in and since he returned from his injury he has been an absolute mountain for us!

Skuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse!

Archived