IGNORED

Reading Owe Us A Big One...

cityexile

Just listening to the Reading fans celebrating, crossed my mind that us taking 6 points off the Saints, 4 off Wham and losing to them twice has made a fair amount of diference! Oddly I thought we actually had more of the play against them that we did against the hammers overall.

In fairness to them, grats. Us next year, he says in that mindlessly optimistic way fans talk after a few decent results!

Just listening to the Reading fans celebrating, crossed my mind that us taking 6 points off the Saints, 4 off Wham and losing to them twice has made a fair amount of diference! Oddly I thought we actually had more of the play against them that we did against the hammers overall.

In fairness to them, grats. Us next year, he says in that mindlessly optimistic way fans talk after a few decent results!

They were struggling like us last season. No reason Del cannot have us near the top next season if he buys and sells well.

Assuming we stay up of course, job not finished yet.

^ blimey, that takes me back.

Might be the old memory playing tricks, but crossed my mind when it was Coventry v Millwall, remembered being in a similiar situation where we had to win to have any chance of staying up against them. We were denied a penalty shout, they got theirs and went on to win 1-0, and that was pretty much it for us. I did think - go on, do the same to Coventry tonight!

Was that the same wooden seat one, or did that happen in a previous game? Away fans in the now the Ayteo end, having a barney with City fans on the edge of the Dolman, seats going everywhere! Fun days...

Thought it was the Away End 01- or is this a different Millwall fracas..? :)

Wasn't that a FA Cup game? A G*shead mate of mine had heard on the grapevine that if / when we scored it was going to kick off, Shaun Taylor nodded one in from a corner after about 8 mins, bye bye East End seats.....

^ blimey, that takes me back.

Might be the old memory playing tricks, but crossed my mind when it was Coventry v Millwall, remembered being in a similiar situation where we had to win to have any chance of staying up against them. We were denied a penalty shout, they got theirs and went on to win 1-0, and that was pretty much it for us. I did think - go on, do the same to Coventry tonight!

Was that the same wooden seat one, or did that happen in a previous game? Away fans in the now the Ayteo end, having a barney with City fans on the edge of the Dolman, seats going everywhere! Fun days...

City v the Wall.. yes i was in the rarifed comfort of the Williams watching it happen.. seat were going all over the pitch as well because their attempts at frisbying them into the old open end did not always hit the target. shocking scenes. match abandoned or delayed.. can't remember.. i think the latter with a whole bunch of arrests and heavy police presence in that corner of the Dolman.

Thought it was the Away End 01- or is this a different Millwall fracas..? :)

Stray Wall fans in the top left of the Dolman as you look at it from the Williams throwing wooden seats they had just ripped up into the old open end where the Atyeo is now. Not sure if it was league or cup but i think it was league.

Stray Wall fans in the top left of the Dolman as you look at it from the Williams throwing wooden seats they had just ripped up into the old open end where the Atyeo is now. Not sure if it was league or cup but i think it was league.

it was mid 80's wasn't it. Remember seats flying over my head in the dolman, seem to remember Alan Walsh missing a pen. Could be wrong though!

Archived