IGNORED

Clarks Pie Versus Shepards/cottage Pie

Tall King Blox

I stand for the rights of the common people of this great city of ours...I know that Clarks pies originated from a Cardiff "family" but to me and many of my friends the clarks pie has been the staple diet for many a year, it's a bit like the cornish pasty, designed for the working man...unlike the afore mentioned pasty you will need at least three hands to eat it! but that said after all the publicity about the above mentioned pies i thought that Clarks pies needed a mention.....Thats all.....

Clarksies unite our two cities.

When they built the second severn crossing, it should have been marked with a symbolic 'breaking' of a Clarks Pie.

Are they different in Bristol? I find the Cardiff ones a tad pastry-heavy to be honest, although they are still lush, and it's good to see a few pubs doing the 'Clarks and Brains' meal deal for £3.50.

Are they different in Bristol? I find the Cardiff ones a tad pastry-heavy to be honest

I find ours are slightly brain and b*llok heavy, although I found one with an eyeball in it the other day (I never knew cows wore contact lenses as well?)..,,still, they taste goooood and now I want one.

(I would like to point out for possible legal reasons that I am joking, apart from the bit about tasting good, I love Clarks Pies)

The advantage of cottage pie is that you can make it at home. Think of spag bol without the spag, add mash, grated cheese. In the oven. Nice.

I was, however, introduced to the world of cottage pie baking by someone who referred to it as shepherd's pie". Thank heavens for the sage gastronomes on OTIB who put me straight on this one. Information like this can save you a few blushes.

Rumour has it the fancy butchers next to Parsons Bakery does fantastic pies.. and I quote the words of GeoffA 'Better than Pieminster'

Have we discussed Cumberland Pies yet?

is the clarks pie shop still open in redfield??

Yes it is.

There are 2 Clarks pie shops in Bristol, both are run by ansestors of the original Clark family from Neath.

They are completely independent of each other but still make the pies to the original receipe.

Mmmmmmmh.

Yes it is.

There are 2 Clarks pie shops in Bristol, both are run by ansestors of the original Clark family from Neath.

They are completely independent of each other but still make the pies to the original receipe.

Mmmmmmmh.

I used to love their flaky crust pasties as well, (to look at me you would never know it :whistle: ) When I lived in Lime Road the shop in North Street was great for us because the lady that served in the shop lived in the same street and used to give us bogof's when the boss wasn't looking!!

I used to love their flaky crust pasties as well, (to look at me you would never know it :whistle: ) When I lived in Lime Road the shop in North Street was great for us because the lady that served in the shop lived in the same street and used to give us bogof's when the boss wasn't looking!!

pasties were better imo.

I just love a good pie. I could quite easily munch on a pie everyday.Its important the pie tastes good and is moist.

Theres nothing worse than munching on a dry crusty pie.

What type of pie are you talking about?

Archived