IGNORED

John Stead

Somerset Red

It's good to see a City player with a smile on his face!

John Stead had raced to our left wing (in front of the Dolman), and had taken up a lovely position ready for the ensuing goal kick. He looked mightily surprised when the announcement was made that he was being substituted, and had to trudge all the way back where he had just come from. He was so tired from the effects of racing all the way over that he could hardly gain enough strength to make his way back to the dug-out.......

NOT!

Nice one mate.

The passion and commitment he shows for this club is incredible. You can tell by his interviews and the stuff he posts on Twitter that he loves it here. Also sounds like a really knowledgeable bloke through the interviews.

Just to top it all off, he isn't that bad of a footballer either. ;)

I've delivered his shopping a few times. Nice family, very friendly and they enjoy living here.

He is a true pro, who rightly gives everything to the club who employs him and pays his generous wages. He knows the life blood of any club is the fans and feels that giving less than 100% is disrespectful and all fans can see through someone who doesn't. He knows his limitations and makes up for it in other areas like effort. I think he is a throwback to pros of 20 or 30 years ago, there is no prima donna about Jon Stead, a good hard working players player.

As per usual worked his socks off and went for every lost cause , ran towards the oppositions goal keeper on most occasions. Seemed to link up well with both wood and Bolaise.

Only criticism is possibly in the 2nd half there were a few occasions he was near the edge of the box where he could of shot rather than pass. But then I was in the ateyo so didn't have a clear view.

He is vitial for the 4-4-2 formation to work. Though having said that last night most of the time was more of a 4-4-1-1 with Wood tracking back to defend.

Love the bloke. Always put in a shift and is a very tidy player for such a tall guy. Comes across as a great guy in his interviews. However, i think its the way he plays and reacts as though he's bristol city through and through which is what endears him to us so much. Top guy.

I had a long chat with Jon Stead in the City shop the Christmas before last and he was a really top bloke. It was like holding a conversation with a life long City fan, he was knowledgeable about the club, really passionate and excited about what he saw would be a bright future. Aside from that he is a very clever player who always gives 100% for the team. Hopefully he will stay injury free and have a big season for us 2012-13.

We all dream of team of Jonny Steads

A team of Jonny Steads

A team of Jonny Steads

We all dream of a team of Jonny Steads

Number one is Jonny Stead, number two is Jonny Stead, number three is Jonny Stead, number four is Jonny Stead

A team of Jonny Steads

A team of Jonny Steads

Number five is Jonny Stead, number six is Jonny Stead, number seven is Jonny Stead, number eight is Jonny Stead

A team of Jonny Steads

A team of Jonny Steads

Number nine is Jonny Stead, number ten is Jonny Stead, number eleven is Jonny Stead and all the subs are Jonny Stead

A team of Jonny Steads

A team of Jonny Steads

Archived