IGNORED

Still Time For Portsmouth To Mount A Rescue?

hippy273

Seeing as Portsmouth have hit form again winning 2 of their last games, they only have Derby and Forest left. For them possibly both winnable games and i don't think a draw will be enough on Saturday. Realistically we need 2 draws or at least one win. Hitting poor form now would be horrible but i'm confident we will stay up COYR!

Seeing as Portsmouth have hit form again winning 2 of their last games, they only have Derby and Forest left. For them possibly both winnable games and i don't think a draw will be enough on Saturday. Realistically we need 2 draws or at least one win. Hitting poor form now would be horrible but i'm confident we will stay up COYR!

It's all we need.

You're a happy little rain cloud aren't you?

i think the cat with the 6-pack is right (did i really just say that?), I feel Coventry is as good as doomed now but Portsmouth is suddenly hitting there good form now, Derby is very winnable for Portsmouth and as for Forest, they been good since we beat them and narrowly losing to Reading.

We would be extremeley unlucky to be relegated now but lets not pop open the Champaigne just yet.

I wouldn't be worried about portsmouth they are going to be liqudated at the end of the season,

they are 58 million in doubt defaulted on 1 CVA don't own their ground or training ground have to pay out players stupid money before anyone else gets any,

a person needs to have £100 million just to come in and clear the mess, thats not going to happen in this climite

Neither Pompey or Coventry will win both there games.

You're sure about that, are you? Pompey have Derby at home, which is very winnable, and then Forest away, and didn't we just beat them?

Coventry have Doncaster at home, which should be a comfortable three points, and then Southampton away, but by then Southampton should have secured automatic promotion and their final game may go the same way as Swindon's visit to Aldershot last night.

I think it is unlikely that Coventry will get all six points, but I think it is quite possible that Pompey will. Pompey are, after all, completely unpredictable. They can beat Birmingham 4-1 one week, and then lost 5-1 at home to Burnley two weeks' later.

The fact is that we need two points to be safe, and if we were to get only 1 against Barnsley, we could go into the last match with things looking like this:

CIty 46 points GD -26

Coventry 43 points GD -17

Portsmouth 43 points GD -5

...and then we have to rely on getting points at Burnley, or one of Coventry and Portsmouth not winning. Do you fancy that? Me neither, so the upshot is that we need to win on Saturday.

I really hope we don't live to regret our missed chances in the second half last night. Wood and Stead had clear opportunities to put the game out of sight.

I'd say its more than likely that Pompey will be liquidated within a few days of the end of the season. They've already got plans for set for a phoenix club etc.

But yes.. lets just win on Saturday and then its over.

Neither Pompey or Coventry will win both there games.

On that logic we're already safe with our 5pt cushion then. I know what you're saying but say hypothetically we draw and Pompey win again on Sat, the confidence and momentum that would give them going into the last game if they even had a sniff would mean they would probably win again on the last day and we would need something at Burnley. So lets just beat Barnsley and get it done!

On that logic we're already safe with our 5pt cushion then. I know what you're saying but say hypothetically we draw and Pompey win again on Sat, the confidence and momentum that would give them going into the last game if they even had a sniff would mean they would probably win again on the last day and we would need something at Burnley. So lets just beat Barnsley and get it done!

After drawing with both Brum and West Ham, if we cant beat Barnsley at home then we deserve to get relegated! Barnsley are the worst team in this league at the moment by some distance!

Anyone who says we only need to draw on sat is clueless. It is very unlikely cov wil win both games and unlikely pompey will do similar . However...it defnitly isn't impossible so we need 2points to be safe coyr

We drew 0-0 when we played Burnley away last season, and the season they got promoted we lost 4-0 last game of the season although we did win 3-1 at home against them this season. Nevertheless win is a must must on Saturday.

I am up beat that we will dispatch barnsley on sat. But I have been a football fan long enough to be under no illusions... We all know how this game works sometimes- we'll be all over them sat, pummeling their defence like it's going out of fashion, but the nut doesn't always crack. It is totally conceivable we might fail to take the three points. They may even nick a winner themselves (look at what we did to forest) meaning a very nervy final day at a ground where I never really fancy us. I've felt for a long time that our goal difference might come round to bite us on the arse. If we hadn't impersonated a sieve mid-season, a point might well have been enough come sat.

So cmon City!! Would be so nice to be downing a celebratory cider at 16.55 this sat.

Archived