IGNORED

A Request For Next Season

Southport Red

If things don't go well, could we ease off a little on the "We're doomed" comments?

On this forum, there were comments AT CHRISTMAS where people had given up.

The number of posts along the lines of "we're doomed", "it's inevitable" that's it, we're down" since about February time has been ridiculous. Then this afternoon up went the cry of "we always believe".

Please everyone, if we do struggle again next year can we have a little less of the "we are down and nothing can stop it" posts when there is still thirty-odd points to play for?

If things don't go well, could we ease off a little on the "We're doomed" comments?

The number of posts along the lines of "we're doomed", "it's inevitable" that's it, we're down" since about February time has been ridiculous. Then this afternoon up went the cry of "we always believe".

Please everyone, if we do struggle again next year can we have a little less of the "we are down and nothing can stop it" posts when there is still thirty-odd points to play for?

No!! It's good, it's like the commentators curse... As soon as the fickle reactionaries come out of the woodwork you just know we're going to turn it round and they will end up looking stupid!

It's the same with the sad sags. As soon as they posted their relegation party plans, I knew we'd stay up.

I'd like to see a lot less posts slagging off players. The number of posts on here which added absolutely no vaule and just took up forum space was incredible. I mean the sort of post where someone simply types 'so and so is shit'. Some of those players most slagged off, played important parts in the season's run in. Maybe for next season they earned a bit of appreciation and a bit more patience.

The only time this club will be promoted is when the players, the staff, the board, and above all else the FANS stick together throughout the WHOLE

season win lose or draw. I hope we can all try this next season, as I want the whole country to realise that there is only ONE FOOTBALL CLUB IN BRISTOL.

While I'd agree the mood does swing from one extreme to the other, i think it's also fair to say there's been times this season where the outlook has been bleak indeed coupled with some extremely abject performances.

Sometimes you need something to galvanise support, Joe Bryan's suprise debut v Leicster certainly did that. The club kicked on from that lift.

Archived