IGNORED

Dels Message In Program

Red Si

Don't know if anyone else has posted or if it is just me but just sat down to read today's program and Dels message is from Tuesday night against West Ham. Wonder what he was he was going to say?

Yep, noticed too. Was a bit worried because I normally MUST read it before the game. (Guess I don't have to now.) I guess it would've been:-

Priase for players / fans for West Ham game.

Still work to do.

Full house today who will get behind the team.

Can't say i'm surprised to be honest, the program is littered with errors.

Big cock-up. The club should be embarassed about this.

As a former marketing/PR man myself, I would have advised the club to make an announcement (apology) about this (over the PA) before kick-off.

I always buy a programme, partly because I know it helps the club finances but when you shell out three quid, you should expect better than this.

I know this is harsh but I think Adam needs to get back to his roots, too much 'I'm in the spotlight' stuff for me, why does the Head Of Media have to do a preview of upcoming games, that is the managers job.

On a personal level, I have been EXTREMELY disappointed with the Media Department this season (especially when Jim went on his trip).

The small jobs count as well Adam. ;)

BCAGFC

I know this is harsh but I think Adam needs to get back to his roots, too much 'I'm in the spotlight' stuff for me, why does the Head Of Media have to do a preview of upcoming games, that is the managers job.

On a personal level, I have been EXTREMELY disappointed with the Media Department this season (especially when Jim went on his trip).

The small jobs count as well Adam. ;)

BCAGFC

A lot of the articles are provided either by third parties or free volunteers.

The programme was poor this year. As somebody pointed out, there's too much emphasis on twitter - every home game we'd have the same pages printed out with twitter contact details on, or whole pages dedicated to just three mascots, or the stats page every game (which you can get online anyhow)

Also, why would we want to hear how good or bad the press facilities are at away grounds? Completely irrelevant to the ordinary fan. I quite liked the fact that the Sarah-Jane section was targeted at children, but the Scrumpy's diary is awful - totally embarrassing, can't see how that keeps children entertained.

Listen, I'm not saying I could do better, but I know the club can because they have done better in the past - and haven't they won awards before??

Anyhow, overall poor effort this year especially when you compare to what other types of magazines you can buy for the same price nowadays.

Fortunately I was handed a free spare of the programme - and noticed this immediately. Pretty embarassing, but if I'm being honest I really dislike the direction the programme has taken

this season anyway. The features are too orientated towards twitter, which is pretty pointless if you don't use twitter.

totally agree. I don't like the front cover format. Also the fixtures and appearances pages need overhauling

Fortunately I was handed a free spare of the programme - and noticed this immediately. Pretty embarassing, but if I'm being honest I really dislike the direction the programme has taken

this season anyway. The features are too orientated towards twitter, which is pretty pointless if you don't use twitter.

totally agree. I don't like the front cover format. Also the fixtures and appearances pages need overhauling

Yep, noticed too. Was a bit worried because I normally MUST read it before the game. (Guess I don't have to now.) I guess it would've been:-

Priase for players / fans for West Ham game.

Still work to do.

Full house today who will get behind the team.

Can't say i'm surprised to be honest, the program is littered with errors.

Well, it was only a tenner to get in for the non-season ticket holders so they had to cut back elsewhere. I heard they were sharing the tea bags around and asking people to return the unwanted buns from any burgers to keep the costs down. As for the WC's... no,.. OK... best not go there.

Archived