IGNORED

Looking To The Future

old_eastender

Great result yesterday on the back of a really good run, mission accomplished, well done Del.

Now to look to the future -

First priority for me: Get Cisse resigned and Amougou signed up. Carey might be worth another year as squad back-up too.

Next priorty sort midfield: We need to sign 2 high-energy midfield players who can retain possesion and pick a forward pass. What we got now simply ain't good enough - Kilkenny has the ability but not the energy, Elliot has the energy but not the ability, Woolford - well despite a couple of better performances recently, simply too 'power puff' to make an impact. Now we are safe, really hope Joe Bryan is given another start away to Burnley, after his promising debut .v. Leicester. Wonder if George Boyd could be a realistic target, now he has been listed be P'boro?

The other must for me is to sign a striker with pace, to give us a different option to complement Stead/Taylor/Pitman.

That leaves the clear-out, for me gid rid of, or don't resign, the following: James, Macca, Nyatanga, Elliot, Kilkenny, Woolford, JCR, Clarkson. If James went we'd obviously need another decent keeper to challenge Deano.

COYR!

Short term does Del use next week to take a look at the kids or do we look to get as many points as possible this season?

Long term I think it's important that the changes off the pitch are consolidated as much as the change of squad. I think a better structure off the field will help many of the players that are currently here, we are already seeing some of this. A pre season with the players being properly prepared will make a world of difference.

Archived