IGNORED

Potd Pricing: Categories?

Clarky89

First off, well done to the club for ensuring AG was packed out for the run in this season. I know some ST fans were not 100% pleased, and tbh I can see both sides to the argument, but that's a different discussion for a different time.

Seeing our attendances hit 19,000, 18,500 and 16,000 for our last three games, it got me thinking. No disrespect to the Peterboros, Barnsleys in the world, but unless it's a pivotal part of the season and/or there is a price decrease we scrape 12,000 in attendance, and when we welcome the Leeds, Cardiffs, West Hams we usually are talking a lot closer to 16,000.

This leads me to the idea of categorising pricing. Split the home fixtures into three categories, A, B and C. A number of clubs do it, and it makes sense seeing that people are more than willing to come and watch the Coventry's and Barnsley's at a cheaper cost. Obviously, no need to reduce the the "better" games as we get a decent crowd.

Just roughly speaking, obviously some number geeks would have to work it out properly to ensure it's worthwhile to the club but just say: If we are talking about a standard £30 ticket in the Dolman stick the lucrative West Ham, Birmingham, Wolves, Cardiff, Leeds game in Category A, and leave it at £30, stick the Ipswich, Hull, Boro games in Category B and call it £25 and then the Peterboros, Barnsleys in Category C at £20.

Is it something that could work? What would you think as a ST holder? Would POTD fans go for it? Would getting 14,000-15,000 with POTD supporters paying £20 work out as the same amount of income as 12,000 with POTD fans paying £30?

Just a bit of brainstorming.

I'm a season ticket holder and I didn't have any problems with the tenner entrance fee, after all it only happened twice.

I think for my seat, the average cost per game is just under £14 - and that's what I pay for each of the 23 home games - that certainly makes up for two games where the club want to charge a £10 for POTD.

Seriously, £30 POTD is far far too much for people, we should be aiming at £25 tops for a Dolman seat. ST holders will still be saving over a hundred quid, which is more than enough considering we are not anywhere near filling the gate.

I would love to know how much city make on a £10 a day entry compared with a standard priced match?

someone, somewhere, with better maths skills than me at city must be able to work the line in which its stops being financially viable to lower the price further? but i cant see how £30 is the best option, so many people just cant afford it that we must be loosing out?

I would love to know how much city make on a £10 a day entry compared with a standard priced match?

someone, somewhere, with better maths skills than me at city must be able to work the line in which its stops being financially viable to lower the price further? but i cant see how £30 is the best option, so many people just cant afford it that we must be loosing out?

What's also quite interesting, is if we charged £10 every home game, would we get sell outs every time?

I think the club should start doing some maths and weigh up the pro's and cons of reducing ticket prices. Doesn't need to be by much and could have a big effect on attendances. Imagine if we were playing well (top 10) and tickets were that little bit cheaper (£20 potd vs a struggling team)? Sell out i reckon and most importantly Ashton Gate would become a fortress again.

I think Category pricing should be considered. When we move to AV it could be important as we would struggle to fill 30,000 seats at the current ticket prices (unless we are prem and playing ok). I also think that Xmas fixtures should be a little cheaper than usual so people buy tickets for gifts and ultimately filling the gate over arguably the most pivotal point of the season.

What's also quite interesting, is if we charged £10 every home game, would we get sell outs every time?

That's what my train of thought stemmed from. I was thinking how many people would turn up for £20 as well . . . . Surley 16,000-17,000 for most games at £20 would bring in similar revenue to £30 for 12,000 revelers. Obviously gotta take ST holders out of that, but I'm sure someone could to the maths with a bit of inside knowledge.

That's what my train of thought stemmed from. I was thinking how many people would turn up for £20 as well . . . . Surley 16,000-17,000 for most games at £20 would bring in similar revenue to £30 for 12,000 revelers. Obviously gotta take ST holders out of that, but I'm sure someone could to the maths with a bit of inside knowledge.

Its not just down to tickets too. More merch sales, food, drink, raffle tickets, programmes ect.

Makes sense to have Price Categories for the less attractive fixtures - it's the norm' for the Bundesliga.

Forgetting the ST holders for the Mo (assuming 9,000) then we need 10,000 matchday supporters.

2000 x £30 = £60K

2400 x £25 = £60K

3000 x 20 = 60K

4000 x 15 = 60K

6000 x 10 = 60K

etc.

There must be some variation on the above that is possible - better to have a full stadium, why not on a trial basis?

Makes sense to have Price Categories for the less attractive fixtures - it's the norm' for the Bundesliga.

Forgetting the ST holders for the Mo (assuming 9,000) then we need 10,000 matchday supporters.

2000 x £30 = £60K

2400 x £25 = £60K

3000 x 20 = 60K

4000 x 15 = 60K

6000 x 10 = 60K

etc.

There must be some variation on the above that is possible - better to have a full stadium, why not on a trial basis?

Them figures really do hammer the point home, I'm sure it's feasible. And like another poster added, got an extra 2,000/3,000 thats extra pies, drinks, programmes everything increased in sales.

Also, with a full stadium, more lucrative sponsorship opportunities.

First off, well done to the club for ensuring AG was packed out for the run in this season. I know some ST fans were not 100% pleased, and tbh I can see both sides to the argument, but that's a different discussion for a different time.

Seeing our attendances hit 19,000, 18,500 and 16,000 for our last three games, it got me thinking. No disrespect to the Peterboros, Barnsleys in the world, but unless it's a pivotal part of the season and/or there is a price decrease we scrape 12,000 in attendance, and when we welcome the Leeds, Cardiffs, West Hams we usually are talking a lot closer to 16,000.

This leads me to the idea of categorising pricing. Split the home fixtures into three categories, A, B and C. A number of clubs do it, and it makes sense seeing that people are more than willing to come and watch the Coventry's and Barnsley's at a cheaper cost. Obviously, no need to reduce the the "better" games as we get a decent crowd.

Just roughly speaking, obviously some number geeks would have to work it out properly to ensure it's worthwhile to the club but just say: If we are talking about a standard £30 ticket in the Dolman stick the lucrative West Ham, Birmingham, Wolves, Cardiff, Leeds game in Category A, and leave it at £30, stick the Ipswich, Hull, Boro games in Category B and call it £25 and then the Peterboros, Barnsleys in Category C at £20.

Is it something that could work? What would you think as a ST holder? Would POTD fans go for it? Would getting 14,000-15,000 with POTD supporters paying £20 work out as the same amount of income as 12,000 with POTD fans paying £30?

Just a bit of brainstorming.

Does that mean if we get the gash in the cup everybody gets in for free??!! ;)

Archived