IGNORED

City / Rovers Gap

David Brent

Following our rise up the table after Saturdays win, we are now 44 places above the gas who, to be fair, have had a fantastic season and are currently 15th in L2.

Just out of interest, what I'd like to know - Is this the biggest gap between the two teams there has been?

If not, when was the last time the chasm was this was great? Anyone know?

I'm thinking recent seasons this was the first where there were 2 divisions apart.

OTIB

I don't think this a good suibject to raise in that it probably was when we hit the bottom of the old Div 4 under Terry Cooper. I can't remember where the Gas were at that time though. Other than that looking at it from a positive side, maybe it was when we hit the top of the old Division 1 after our first few games after we were promoted?

Following our rise up the table after Saturdays win, we are now 44 places above the gas who, to be fair, have had a fantastic season and are currently 15th in L2.

Just out of interest, what I'd like to know - Is this the biggest gap between the two teams there has been?

If not, when was the last time the chasm was this was great? Anyone know?

I'm thinking recent seasons this was the first where there were 2 divisions apart.

OTIB

Last seasons relegation for Rovers meant the gap between the Bristol clubs was 2 divisions for the first time ever. So, now that City have avoided relegation, and Rovers look likely to finish in the bottom half of League 2, the 44 or so places will be very nearly the greatest ever gap recorded. :banana:

What you all seem to have missed is that the Merchant Venturers are changing sides.

With Steve Lansdown and his son paddling their own canoe the likes of John Laycock and John Pontin are jumping ship and joining the Pirates.

Rovers five year plan is designed to eclipse City and leave our seafaring elite basking in the glory of the Bristol football revolution.

What you all seem to have missed is that the Merchant Venturers are changing sides.

With Steve Lansdown and his son paddling their own canoe the likes of John Laycock and John Pontin are jumping ship and joining the Pirates.

Rovers five year plan is designed to eclipse City and leave our seafaring elite basking in the glory of the Bristol football revolution.

You're going to need some supporters first...

It's a shame FGR's promotion push faltered, I'm sure a local derby would have boosted your attendance for one game at least..

I wish it wasn't so Jordan.

Old Fred used to say you could stick Harry Dolman, Bert Alpass, Jack Connor and Alf Biggs (R.I.P) in a room with a crate of Worthington and a pack of cards and win or lose they'd still come out smiling and full of respect for each other.

It's all funny money these days son.

Better we don't know what's really going on.

Rovers one hundred and five year plan is designed to eclipse City and leave our seafaring elite basking in the glory of the Bristol football revolution.

Is that long enough?

You're going to need some supporters first...

It's a shame FGR's promotion push faltered, I'm sure a local derby would have boosted your attendance for one game at least..

Forest Green v Bristol Rovers. Could be "clash of the rovers" the gas's biggest match of the season in years to come.

Forest Green v Bristol Rovers. Could be "clash of the rovers" the gas's biggest match of the season in years to come.

Might not be too far from reality. FGR Chairman has said that the Play Offs are the minimum target next season and he has plenty of money to spend. Dale Vince is owner of Ecotricity if you weren't aware.So FGR v Gas could be a league fixture 2013-2014....

Archived