IGNORED

Next Season Targets

Lew-T

Now that we are officially safe I have been thinking the targets for next season. For the first time in a while, I have no idea what to expect! Last summer was all too predictable with Millen as manager and some of us could see it never working.

My targets would be:

- Top 10 finish

- Good cup run

- 5 good quality players

- Better home record

That will do me! Bring on next season..

mid table for a few seasons for me will do slowly building a younger team that will push on,

Agree with this. It will take more than just a summer to sort us out. We need to plan long term, I would be happy with mid table for the next few seasons as long as we are playing the right way and doing the important things right. For example, better transfer policy young hungry up and coming talent at affordable rates as opposed to expensive no good journeymen. And I would like to see progress with regards to the academy and stadium.

Anything more will be a bonus.

I am a season ticket holder, and I agree that it's better to have "Half price sales" rather than rows of empty seats!

I think we all agree that a larger attendance = better atmosphere = better performance. This is something the club needs to address in ticket prices (included season tickets). They cannot expect the loyal season card holders to pay the same or more than somebody who turns up when it's "cheap".

Quid a kid for all games would be a good start.

I think we all agree that a larger attendance = better atmosphere = better performance. This is something the club needs to address in ticket prices (included season tickets). They cannot expect the loyal season card holders to pay the same or more than somebody who turns up when it's "cheap".

Quid a kid for all games would be a good start.

Agree, but not wishing to disrespect next seasons opponents, but games against the likes of Barnsley, Peterborough, Watford, Hull and Burnley probably will attract lesser crowds than West Ham/Southampton, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheffield United/Wednesday and the relegated premier league sides.

The board have some difficult decisions to make, and reducing match day tickets in the hope of generating more income

is a decision which shouldn't take too long to make.

I am a season ticket holder, and I agree that it's better to have "Half price sales" rather than rows of empty seats!

But not fair if ST holders pay £400 for committing to the club and others get to say ten or more games for a tener

Maybe they could do every 4th game you can get in for a tener.

Empty seats is one thing filling them with people that only come down for one game cause its a tener and slag the team off then don't come back is not good.

But not fair if ST holders pay £400 for committing to the club and others get to say ten or more games for a tener

Maybe they could do every 4th game you can get in for a tener.

Empty seats is one thing filling them with people that only come down for one game cause its a tener and slag the team off then don't come back is not good.

Agree, but not wishing to disrespect next seasons opponents, but games against the likes of Barnsley, Peterborough, Watford, Hull and Burnley probably will attract lesser crowds than West Ham/Southampton, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheffield United/Wednesday and the relegated premier league sides.

The board have some difficult decisions to make, and reducing match day tickets in the hope of generating more income

is a decision which shouldn't take too long to make.

Please refer to my previous post as above.

I think a sucessful season would be achieving somewhere around 60-65 points, and managing to get past the first round in both cups. It would be great if this was achieved with a better quality of football and as a previous poster said scoring some goals for once! But the bottom line, as always for us in this division, is to try and get to 52 points as quick as possible and then see where we go from there.

What would be great is if, for the first time in a while, we attempted to actively build a squad that will improve over the next 4 seasons. One of the most infuriating aspects of Johnson's last two years here was that building beyond the next game never seemed to interest him. This was of course fine in the two preceding seasons as every game was massive and the need to develop a team was not so great, but in his last two seasons we seemed to chuck good money after bad trying to find quick fixes that would miraculously shoot us into the play offs, when what we should have been doing was building a squad that could potentially push for promotion over the next few seasons. Obviously McInnes hasn't been able to attempt this with the dog fight we have been in this season but over the summer and next season (hopefully a comfortable mid table season) he can try and really put together a talented and ambitious squad.

Archived