IGNORED

Friendly Vs The Sags

Barrs Court Red

Even if it did I really wouldn't be bothered.

It would be no draw to me (and I am old enough to remember games such as the 1-1 draw under Jordan).

They are so far off the radar I have no clue who plays for them. I wouldn't even know who is their talisman to 'hate' or anything such like.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it was poorly attended (I certainly wouldn't be that bothered). Frankly I'd like to see more friendlies like Ajax a couple of years ago.

I think we need to prepare properly for next season, unlike the poor pre season we witnessed under Millen.

Why we would feel the need to entertain a mid table Fourth Divivsion team AT HOME is beyond me. We would have nothing to gain from such a match, whilst the Blue few would benefit in every way.

As far as I'm concerned, it's taken too many years to get back into the second tier of the English League pyramid. We need to look upwards and aspire to catching sides above us. The Blue few know where we are. It's up to them to try and catch us.

We no longer need to justify playing meaningless games against such meaningless opposition.

Swindon, Yeovil, Torquay, Exeter (all away) would be tougher local tests.

I think we need to prepare properly for next season, unlike the poor pre season we witnessed under Millen.

Why we would feel the need to entertain a mid table Fourth Divivsion team AT HOME is beyond me. We would have nothing to gain from such a match, whilst the Blue few would benefit in every way.

As far as I'm concerned, it's taken too many years to get back into the second tier of the English League pyramid. We need to look upwards and aspire to catching sides above us. The Blue few know where we are. It's up to them to try and catch us.

We no longer need to justify playing meaningless games against such meaningless opposition.

Goodness Gracious, are they that far behind us ? i would rather we played with the likes of Ajax or a second tier german outfit ie The friggin lufttwaffe(cant spell old things) feel bombed out my head, but whatever we will need some tests to give us a reasonable benchmark

Wasn't that bad was it? Even the JPT game there wasn't too much bother. The police costs are what will kill it.

Mind you, probably less likelihood of trouble at the Gate given Rovers fans aversion to coming south of the river...

Weren't you in the Horfield/Lockleaze area that night?

It would be an easy win, so a morale boosting friendly??

It would be an easy win, so a morale boosting friendly??

I don't think it would be that easy.

Pre season is about getting yourself into shape, physically, adapting to new team mates, and styles of play. Results are usually secondary.

A "home friendly" would ideally be stronger opposition, either from the Premier League or from foreign shores?

Not someone from Division Four who would be intent on kicking lumps out of us......

If we're to have a home friendly, why not Manchester City and call it Gerry Gows testimonial?

Archived