IGNORED

Realistic Objective For Next Season

SecretSam

Exactly. With a busy summer ahead it will be the start of a huge transitional period that the club has not seen for a long time. It will be a work in progress. We need to slowly improve year on year and be patient and content with it, by doing things the right way, getting the style of play right, academy, facilities and finances in a good state as well as a much improved transfer policy.

Swansea are a good model, they have been improving year on year without spending crazy money.

Somewhat like a Boro job, last season, they tried to strengthen, but it failed, due to the vast amount of players. not that im saying this will happen to us. But now the season after and they are pushing for playoffs! thats where id liek to see this club go. Next season is a season for all teh new players to gel, and make impacts, before the season after, we can hit the ground running.

If we could get anywhere near the top 10 with entertaining football and a positive goal difference I would be happy.

The shoots of recovery / progress are what I want to see plus an end to the stadium saga, it's gone on too long and caused alot of us to forget about the team!

The stadium is, obviously, very important for the long term aspirations of the club and would help with recruitment but as Wolfie said, let the lawyers sort it out while we back the players. Once we see the cranes on Ashton Vale we can watch the stadium build.

at the current level of spending, with 12m yearly losses and the wage bill being wildly above average for this division you have to be honest about it and say that playoffs are a minimum requirement and automatic promotion could be expected for that kind of investment

of course we know that money is being spent too badly for that to be realistic, so i would say if del can get the wage bill to half or two thirds of where it is now and reduce the squad to a managable size and age, then 10th to 12th would be a good expectation as long as he can demonstrate he is building a team and bringing players through. if we come out of the summer with a high wage bill and signings who are on average on the wrong side of 28 then i would be tremendously disappointed.

I agree with most. A top half finish will be nice with a bonus of a cup run! It would be great just to see a settled, decent sized squad who compete in all games. Progress is the main thing with a good old clear out and a new back room team come into place.

Mostly we seem to have realistic expectations - top half finish and maybe some fun in a cup. That'll do me. I've enough to deal with, don't need another relegation nappy-filler to contend with...

Somebody call the paramedics, quick! This man is clearly insane...!

I would be more than happy if next season:

* We finished top half

* Got the green light for Ashton Vale

* Put together a very impressive home record

* Had a decent cup run and got to play Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc

Not asking for too much am I?!?

I reckon if we parked the bus, we could beat them :)

Cant argue with most so its got to be a top half finish for me also.. Is a tad annoying though seeing the likes of Reading come from more or less no where and storm the division with a pretty average group of players. Things like that make you think this league is so random who knows where we could end up next season, and aiming for the top 6 shouldnt be such a wild suggestion as some on here would have you believe.

Archived