IGNORED

Amazing Season !

Tall King Blox

Ok Peeps, Guys n Gals, we have just come through what i would say is an amazing season, now before you all bite my head off and call me a **** lets just look at this for what it is.....we have been crap ! that is the team,the fans and the pies, be it for managerial reasons or whatever but through all the gloom and the gloom one thing has made me proud....We as fans who love our club have made a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE, Through this forum or on twitter, facebook, WE HAVE MADE A KIN MASSIVE DIFFERENCE, Dont kid yourselves that the players, Management , or the groudsmen or the guy that sells the pies dont read the crap we post day after day with our rants n raves about formation n tacticts n who sell the pies, WE AS FANS PUT OUR HEARTS ON OUR SLEEVES,..Think about it FORZA EAST END....PARK END...DOLMAN....I really think that all of this has made a massive difference to the way our team has played the last third of this season, They showed HEART,...because we showed Heart....Maybe it's just an old mans dream but i really do think we made a difference, ile go n get my coat x

Wouldn't argue with that.

IMO our upturn in form seemed to stem from our home game against Leicester. At that match I really sensed that there was a total realisation among the fans that we really were well and truly in the shit and they responded by producing easily the best atmosphere of the season. There were people around me who were usually pretty quiet, but they were singing and yelling their heads off during that game and the players really seemed to respond.

I may be reading it wrong, but I really felt it was a case of the fans lifting the players, rather than the players lifting the fans, but it convinced me that we as fans definitely can effect the performance on the pitch if we put our minds to it.

It's been a terrible season in terms of football, but it's also convinced me that our fans have the passion to rise to the occasion when we have to, and it was certainly needed in the last few weeks.

IMO our upturn in form seemed to stem from our home game against Leicester. At that match I really sensed that there was a total realisation among the fans that we really were well and truly in the shit and they responded by producing easily the best atmosphere of the season. There were people around me who were usually pretty quiet, but they were singing and yelling their heads off during that game and the players really seemed to respond.

I may be reading it wrong, but I really felt it was a case of the fans lifting the players, rather than the players lifting the fans, but it convinced me that we as fans definitely can effect the performance on the pitch if we put our minds to it.

It's been a terrible season in terms of football, but it's also convinced me that our fans have the passion to rise to the occasion when we have to, and it was certainly needed in the last few weeks.

Totally agree with this and the sentiments of the original post. City fans are a more passionate bunch than we give ourselves credit for. Living in London, I can't go to many, but I was at Upton Park and the atmosphere from our end was outstanding. It definitely lifted the team and spurred them on to a great performance and an important point when we were rock bottom of the league.

Likewise, the noise against Coventry was brilliant at times, although the team also put in a magnificent second half display.

I think some on here should give our support a bit more credit - we have a loyal, passionate hardcore and the effort of many fans on here who have organised Forza Revolution etc deserve a big pat on the back. You guys have made a big difference and I think helped turn our season round from near certain relegation.

Up the City!

Thank you for that ..i was begining to feel like a mad person, that was my point ...we all made a difference, i think we as fans made it happen, cos the players DO read this forum, and they did respond, somone said we have a summer break, looking at the forecast it seems like a winter break :colder: respect to you and yours

Was at Coventry and West Ham games. Atmosphere 2nd half Coventry was amazing at times, really drove the side on- but then the stakes were so high, such a big game- basically it felt at the time like the winner would survive and the loser would go down so the club as a whole- manager, team and most of all the fans rising to the occasion was a complete must and it occured.

If I'm honest, I thought the atmosphere v West Ham was a bit subdued at times- certainly when set against Cov 2nd half.

Enjoyed the 'He's fat, he's round he's keeping West Ham down Allardyce! Allardyce!' and the Maynard stuff but it seemed a bit flat at other times- was surprised given West Ham are a big side and we were still in troube at the time-all hypothetical but a repeat of the Cov atmosphere may have driven the players on a little more and given a slightly better chance of the 3 points.

I'm with the OP! Superb efforts from many around AG to bring some Pride, Passion & Belief back towards the end of this season! Lets really kick on for next year and show everyone who visits Ashton Gate what we are all about!

I remember listening to talksport post match against WBA at home two years ago, when we drew 2-2 I think. WBA fans calling up saying that we had the best home support they had witnessed in the champ. We are superb on our day

At times this season I think the OP is spot on.

Other times the crowd has been 'missing'. A bit like the players.

I wouldn't call the season amazing though. I'd suggest its a bit more like going under the knife for a serious operation, to then wake up and be told your prognosis is better than expected.

Absolutely, the atmosphere in the last few games has been immense and a trigger for the team to dig in and come up with the results. So now we need to make sure it isn't forgotten next season! Let's START loud and see if we can get a good start - after that who knows what can happen, but it would be far less likely to be a relegation scrap.....

It can be superb at the Gate- can be, but like I say v West Ham it pulled up no trees. I understand the Leicester atmosphere was very good despite the lowish attendance? Sometimes that can help, 12k hardcore fans likeminded one voicew as opposed to say 16-17k with 1/3 hangers on, glory hunters or those who don't understand the realities of being a City fan properly- this in turn disperses the singers intermingled with quiet fans and can kill an atmosphere.

Finances aside, I'd rather have 12-13k real hardcore, passionate fans than the 16-17k in the comparison above. West Ham fan on another forum had only good things to say about the Gate- careful what we wish for when we move!

Ashton Gate is an old school ground and I sort of liked it, kind of took me back the best part of 20 years, although the view could have been a little better. I don't much like the new grounds of today, it breeds the plastic new breed fan like nothing else.

Archived