IGNORED

Is It Just Me Or Does It Look Like Roberts Put No

Guest jackhartlanduk

He ran his ###### off, but was only getting poor high balls to him against the best defence in the division for dealing with high balls. He had no support from Midfield, spent half the game on his own because Miller looked like a player who hadn't played for god knows how long.

You can't expect him to be any good when the rest of the team are not giving him any service, him Doc and Colsey, Buts, tins and Phillips were the only players i had any respect for after the game, the rest may as well have ****ed off home.

You can't expect him to be any good when the rest of the team are not giving him any service, him Doc and Colsey, Buts, tins and Phillips were the only players i had any respect for after the game, the rest may as well have ****ed off home.
Very true.

There was too much pressure on Robbo up front on his own, I think Danny thought because of his cracking goals of late, he could go up front on his own and just stick in a load of wingers... You dot replace strikers with wingers.. :me?:

Very true.

There was too much pressure on Robbo up front on his own, I think Danny thought because of his cracking goals of late, he could go up front on his own and just stick in a load of wingers... You dot replace strikers with wingers.. :grr:

And why DIDN'T we have any strikers on the bench?

oh hang on, we only have 4 of them in the entire roster. One of them was crocked, so it would make SENSE to have the other one available in a time of crisis, wouldn't it? :grr:

Guest stevey2005
I firmly believe that City would have gone up if Roberts had played up front all season, instead of that liability Peacock.
without peacock we wouldnt have scored in the first leg against hartlepool....why are you making stupid comments like that?

Guest stevey2005

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. I'm sure someone else would of scored the winner against hartlepool dont get me wrong hes a good player roberts but his winning goal suddennly made him a hero and every1 expected him to play amazin today even i did as for my comment i was only saying peacock isnt a liability and was proving what he has done for the club

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. I'm sure someone else would of scored the winner against hartlepool dont get me wrong hes a good player roberts but his winning goal suddennly made him a hero and every1 expected him to play amazin today even i did as for my comment i was only saying peacock isnt a liability and was proving what he has done for the club
But peacock played 38 games, never subbed except for when injured and that was what once ? and has 16 goals.

Roberts has spent more time on the right wing than up front this season i think, and yet still only managed to score a dreadful 8 or so less than Peacock, and last season in less time on the pitch managed to rack up MORE goals and MORE assists than Peacock.

If Miller and Robbo had been upfront all season i think we would have scored a lot more goals, and wouldn't be still in this shithole of a division.

As for someone else scoring the winner, i suppose someone else would have set up the equaliser as well then ? ( if you do say that then you have completely destroyed your own point by the way)

I'm sure someone else would of scored the winner against hartlepool
I'm sure someone else would have crossed to rougier or a goal would have come some other way, think before you make a comment, then think again before you carry on your argument when you have no better case than the other person

I firmly believe that City would have gone up if Roberts had played up front all season, instead of that liability Peacock.
I don't think any of the strikers at the club are capable of scoring 25+ goals a season. Perhaps Lita in a few years time if he ever gets a chance. So if Roberts did play all season we'd still be in the same position.

I don't think any of the strikers at the club are capable of scoring 25+ goals a season. Perhaps Lita in a few years time if he ever gets a chance. So if Roberts did play all season we'd still be in the same position.
Mabye not 25 but Robbo if actually played consistantly definately has the ability to get 20, Miller could have got at least 10-15 again if played consistantly.

Guest stevey2005
As for someone else scoring the winner, i suppose someone else would have set up the equaliser as well then ? ( if you do say that then you have completely destroyed your own point by the way)
you realise we took the lead first so we cudnt equalize if we took the lead as i was saying the original point i was making was that peacock is a good player and that i dint see why he should be slated even though he didnt play in the final

you realise we took the lead first so we cudnt equalize if we took the lead as i was saying the original point i was making was that peacock is a good player and that i dint see why he should be slated even though he didnt play in the final
You made the point that Peacock scored our goal in pool, i countered by pointing out that Roberts set up and then scored the two crucial goals, to which you replied someone else would have got the winner, as if Robbos contribution was null and void even though he set up the equaliser.

Peacock is a good player, he just aint a good striker.

I'm amazed I have to point out an obvious point to the rather rude posting by Stevey2005. As I originally said IF roberts had been played instead of Peacock City would have gone up, therefore there would have been NO NEED TO PLAY HARTLEPOOL IN ANY PLAY-OFF, thereby making the Stevey2005 comment about Peacock's contribution to the first leg goal irrelevant as City wouldn't have been there.

I'm surprised this hadn't been realised by that individual. Never mind. Hope illumination has now struck.

Guest stevey2005
I'm amazed I have to point out an obvious point to the rather rude posting by Stevey2005. As I originally said IF roberts had been played instead of Peacock City would have gone up, therefore there would have been NO NEED TO PLAY HARTLEPOOL IN ANY PLAY-OFF, thereby making the Stevey2005 comment about Peacock's contribution to the first leg goal irrelevant as City wouldn't have been there.

I'm surprised this hadn't been realised by that individual. Never mind. Hope illumination has now struck.

yes that is a good point and i didnt mean to come across that roberts goals meant nuthing because they did obviously as they took us into the play off final

this arguement could go on forever i do agree that things would have been different if roberts started more games but i dont think you can then say if roberts played more games then we would have got automatic promotion....any1 could look back now and say well if we scored in this game or didnt lose this game we would of went up

Aye but I think you'll agree the single most relevant contributory factor in city's failing to go up was a lack of firepower. As Peacock was the main striker - Wilson picked him whenever he could above and beyond any other striker - his poor goal tally, particularly in the second half of the season, must be a major reason.

Roberts on the other hand hardly got a reasonable and fair crack at the whip and yet was scoring at a vastly superior rate than Peacock. Therefore its reasonable to surmise that if Roberts had played all season rather than Peacock, City's goal tally would have been better and those 1-1 draws would have turned into 2-1 wins.

Lets not forget City only failed to go up by 2 points. That's ONE GAME when we drew and could - and probably should - have won.

Guest stevey2005
Aye but I think you'll agree the single most relevant contributory factor in city's failing to go up was a lack of firepower. As Peacock was the main striker - Wilson picked him whenever he could above and beyond any other striker - his poor goal tally, particularly in the second half of the season, must be a major reason.

Roberts on the other hand hardly got a reasonable and fair crack at the whip and yet was scoring at a vastly superior rate than Peacock. Therefore its reasonable to surmise that if Roberts had played all season rather than Peacock, City's goal tally would have been better and those 1-1 draws would have turned into 2-1 wins.

Lets not forget City only failed to go up by 2 points. That's ONE GAME when we drew and could - and probably should - have won.

yes i do agree with you there about dw picking peacock over other strikers and that roberts has done extremely well in latter part of the season and if given his chance earlier in the season up front could have made a huge difference

I'm afraid to say Wilson is prone to these bouts of favouritsm; in the autumn he picked Joe Burnell to play in midfield when it was clear to all but him that the poor guy was not up to it there. Took 9 or so games for Wilson to admit he was wrong. Nine games when city lost ground. It ended up too much to make up, even though that 11 match run got us to the top briefly.

Just imagine City having won those 11 matches on top of a better autumn than they actually got.

Still, no point in crying over lost points. There's always next season's third spot to look forward to.

Guest dougzared

This is so much tosh. So we have Mr S Murray and Mr T Roug out wide and the doc and tins in the middle. Truth is no - absolutely no - decent ball to boys up front tday. The lack of creativity in the final 1/3rd of the pitch is our biggest weakness - we frequently boss possession - just look at our p**s poor goal tally this season. :grr:

Guest maxie

Roberts had a similar nightmare when we last played at the Millennium Stadium, in last year's LDV final. On that occasion, he was rightly substituted. Perhaps it's something in him about playing at the Millennium that adversely affects his perfromances. In my opinion, he has done his chances of progression in the Welsh national side no good at all.

Guest pentlandsl
The reason he deserves a slating is because he is probably the single reason we didn't get promoted by being one of the worst front-line strikers in the division. His goal tally this season has been awful.

Having said that the person who should really bear the brunt of the blame is Danny Wilson who kept picking Peacock despite his lack of ability at sticking the ball in the net. A spell in the reserves may well have been the kick up the backside Peacock needed to work on his finishing and positional play to ensure he got the goals we desperately needed.

I for one will not be sorry if Peacock doesn't get a renewal and will welcome a change of manager for one who actually manages the team with the sole aim of getting BCFC out of this godforsaken division, making hard, difficult decisions along the way, dropping out-of-form players and picking those that have some form. Lita's scoring record in the reserves should have meant much more time on the pitch at Peacock's expense than he got.

We were cr@p today, but anyone who has watched us this season will have recognised that this is exactly how we have played on far too many occasions this season. It was a carbon copy of the Wycombe match - no guts and a lack of ability.

I hope the board sort it out and if DW stays he is told exactly what is expected of him as City manager - he needs to be far more ruthless - he is far too comfortable and relaxed in his attitude to the job - maybe he thinks Div 2 is beneath him after managing in the Premiership.

It makes me SO angry that we are no further forward than we were a decade ago.

Archived