IGNORED

Terry Allowed To Lift Trophy...

Fordy62

I know that there's a Barca/Chelsea thread already, but this has enraged me so much that I figured it deserved it's own thread.

I simply cannot believe that he's going to be allowed to lift the European cup should they beat Bayern Munich. I cannot believe his team mates would even want him to after the position he put them in.

John Terry is a cheating malicious little ****.

As much as it pains me to say, I think my hatred for John Terry and this decision, overwhelms the part of me that wants to see Chelsea win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17860112

Sorry but what makes John Terry deserve this description any more than any other footballer? I believe we've had two players sent off for violent conduct recently, so what makes John Terry so special?

He's really really easy to hate. A little bit like El Hadj Diouf.

Or maybe the fact that he kneed an opposition player who had his back turned? You can't really compare that to a high sliding tackle in the soaking wet.

• Admin

I'm with the international players association that the 6 players who are missing the final through the yellow card totting up procedure, should be given amnesty for the final (not just this one, all finals, World cup, FA cup etc.), its for many a once in a lifetime achievement and a undeserved yellow could exclude them.

I wonder if there should be another card colour introduced, i.e yellow for dissent. kicking the ball away and genuinely mistimed tackles, as the cynical, professional foul is often used to stop a break away or an opportunity to set up a goal scoring chance, surely this, if not worthy of a red, should warrant a harsher penalty, maybe a blue card?

How about yellow cards, but 3 = sending off and a one match ban (finals exempt)

A blue card, 2 (or 1 blue and 2 yellow) = sending off and 2 match ban

Red card unchanged

Probably unworkable, but I do get frustrated at seeing a minor infringement (or a mistake from the Ref which cannot be appealed), being given the same treatment as a totally cynical break up of an attack.

And I have no issue with a club captain picking up the trophy, didn;t Roy Keane do the same for Man U??

As much as I dislike Terry and think he is a person I disagree with and untalented waste of space, he is club captain, Chelsea fans love him and he is supposedly fairly well liked in his own dressing room. This is a Chelsea thing, not a England thing. Fans should be able to celebrate with the captain if they wish.

I hope he rots, but this is not about opposition fans.

For me he is the personification of what is despicable about modern footballers. What he originally said and subsequently said about his sending off is beyond belief and typical of the utter bull crap that footballers invent when they have been caught out for being the nasty, cheating, lying, cowardly yobs they will always be, but probably the saddest part is they actually believe what they are saying.

On another note anybody chosen to serve on the jury for his racism case seeing the incident and hearing his pathetic drivel about the sending off can only really form one view about the sort person he really is, I happen to think he has seriously damaged himself prior to his court case.

For me he is the personification of what is despicable about modern footballers. What he originally said and subsequently said about his sending off is beyond belief and typical of the utter bull crap that footballers invent when they have been caught out for being the nasty, cheating, lying, cowardly yobs they will always be, but probably the saddest part is they actually believe what they are saying.

On another note anybody chosen to serve on the jury for his racism case seeing the incident and hearing his pathetic drivel about the sending off can only really form one view about the sort person he really is, I happen to think he has seriously damaged himself prior to his court case.

Exactly, proven to be a liar, the bloke must be thick as pigshit with his court case coming up. Let the Numpty dig his own grave.

It's the cool thing to hate Terry now. Yeah he's a horrible person and rubbish in football even though he's been easily in the top 5 Premier League centre backs over the last 10 years...

He'd walk into any defensive partnership in the Premier League apart from Man U and Man City (Ferdinand, Vidic, Kompany, Lescott)

I can't believe people are happy to wave these suspensions, they know the rules so tough if they miss the final.

Yellow and red cards during the tournement games can actually help your team get through and win games you may have lost otherwise.

Yellow cards for fouls commited when the other team have a breakaway and may score, are just one example.

It's the cool thing to hate Terry now. Yeah he's a horrible person and rubbish in football even though he's been easily in the top 5 Premier League centre backs over the last 10 years...

He'd walk into any defensive partnership in the Premier League apart from Man U and Man City (Ferdinand, Vidic, Kompany, Lescott)

He is perfectly suited for the English game, there is no denying that.

spot on , everything about the bloke is vile :nono:

I agree with Portland Bill, waive suspensions, are you all mad? Why not have no suspensions, as if rescinded for the final, what's the point?

Agree with that, the rules are the rules and you can't just waive them for a game.

However I do believe that with the way yellow cards are handed out by referees like they are Christmas cards, the 2 yellows and a ban rule should be increased, as it's just too easy to get 2 very soft yellows and miss huge games.

Don't have a particular problem with Terry, what he does off the pitch doesn't really bother me and he's still a decent centre back.

Still want Bayern to win the final as I don't like Chelsea and the way the German league is run in in my opinion absolutely brilliant and it deserves some success.

Agree with that, the rules are the rules and you can't just waive them for a game.

However I do believe that with the way yellow cards are handed out by referees like they are Christmas cards, the 2 yellows and a ban rule should be increased, as it's just too easy to get 2 very soft yellows and miss huge games.

Don't have a particular problem with Terry, what he does off the pitch doesn't really bother me and he's still a decent centre back.

Still want Bayern to win the final as I don't like Chelsea and the way the German league is run in in my opinion absolutely brilliant and it deserves some success.

I think they should introduce what they did in the World cup, after the group stages all cards are recinded and you start afresh. With all this nancy boy diving going around some of these cards are iincredibly harsh, especially the poor bugger for Bayern who will mis the final because he slipped and the ball smashed into his hand from a few feet away, in fact it hit his hand as he was about to plant it to stop a hard fall. Pretty disgraceful that this guy will now miss what could be his biggest moment in his career.

if you deserved your yelow card then tough, you miss it. But the ease in which you can pick up yellow cards, and the total you need for a ban is a little harsh. it needs just a little tweak.

Agree with this.

I was wondering though, imagine if Barcelona had reached the final thanks to a last minute Messi goal. in celebration, Messi took off his shirt and in so doing picked up a yellow card that meant he was banned from the final . Do you think EUFA would have come up with a different decision regarding banned players beng able play in the final?

I do.

I'm with the international players association that the 6 players who are missing the final through the yellow card totting up procedure, should be given amnesty for the final (not just this one, all finals, World cup, FA cup etc.), its for many a once in a lifetime achievement and a undeserved yellow could exclude them.

I wonder if there should be another card colour introduced, i.e yellow for dissent. kicking the ball away and genuinely mistimed tackles, as the cynical, professional foul is often used to stop a break away or an opportunity to set up a goal scoring chance, surely this, if not worthy of a red, should warrant a harsher penalty, maybe a blue card?

How about yellow cards, but 3 = sending off and a one match ban (finals exempt)

A blue card, 2 (or 1 blue and 2 yellow) = sending off and 2 match ban

Red card unchanged

Probably unworkable, but I do get frustrated at seeing a minor infringement (or a mistake from the Ref which cannot be appealed), being given the same treatment as a totally cynical break up of an attack.

And I have no issue with a club captain picking up the trophy, didn;t Roy Keane do the same for Man U??

Don't talk such rubbish.

If there's going to be a third card introduced, it's going to be purple.

I'll fight you for it.

Don't really get all this '' I hate Terry Too'' OK he might not be a model bloke, but he plays for Chelsea he's rich, England captain, and has only ever known football, what do you expect?

But he is a huge influence on the pitch, and a pretty good footballer too, sour grapes anyone?

If that were the case, I'd hate every footballer.

And I definitely don't hate Jon Stead. :wub:

Don't really get all this '' I hate Terry Too'' OK he might not be a model bloke, but he plays for Chelsea he's rich, England captain, and has only ever known football, what do you expect?

But he is a huge influence on the pitch, and a pretty good footballer too, sour grapes anyone?

I don't like his attitude (not his attitude to football), or his persona, I hate the way he complains and the way he goes around his business on a football pitch (although with double standards I wouldn't really mind if a city player did that on the pitch). I don't believe he is that great a footballer either. He is a good Premier League defender, but the status the guy gets as world class defender is laughable.

I do like th way he leads a team.

So my dislikes far outweigh my likes. And as a Captain of his National team (how that evere happened god only knows, imo he shouldn't even be first choice) he has to act a lot better than he does, wether he likes it or not, he is in a role that should command respect, and he doesn't show any or humility.

At his age and with his experience, he shouldn't be acting like a 18 - 22 year old, he is a grown man, he should have learnt by now.

As for money, Fair play, he is getting paid a huge amount for a job I would love to do, I don't hold any bitternesss towards him for that. If I really wanted his money I would have pushed myself alot harder at a earlier age, I didn't, my choice, he did, his choice. So he deserves whatever he thinks he is owed, and more importantly what someone else think he is worth.

I wonder what the guy who captains Chelsea on the night will think about a team mate with a complete lack of discipline being able to waltz up he steps and collect the trophy? Terry should be allowed his medal but shouldn't be able to go up and collect te trophy; he gave up the right to captain his team with that utterly pointless assault on Sanchez. As for yellows, there's obviously nothing to be done about it this year, but for te spectacle of the game yellows should be wiped for the final next year. With half of each defence missing the teams are likely to be more cagey and that's only going to make it less of a game

John Terry is a great PL defender, but that's mainly because PL strikers are big and strong as opposed to nimble and tricky. Just think of how embarrassing it was in the world cup 2 years ago when Thomas Muller (who isn't exactly Lionel Messi) destroyed him. Credit to the man for putting his body on the line with the way he plays but any player with a bit of guile and speed makes him look an idiot

So you think his explanation for needlessly kneeing an opponent is the explanation of an England captain?

I can't believe people are happy to wave these suspensions, they know the rules so tough if they miss the final.

Yellow and red cards during the tournement games can actually help your team get through and win games you may have lost otherwise.

Yellow cards for fouls commited when the other team have a breakaway and may score, are just one example.

This.

Perhaps what FIFA/UEFA should be looking at instead of this is allowing teams to appeal against yellow cards, but truth be told I'm not particularly keen on that either.

If you start waiving suspensions just because of the magnitude of the game that certain players will miss then where does it end? If we'd needed three points tomorrow to stay up and had four or five first team players suspended after collecting five yellow cards do the football league let them play anyway because it's a huge game for us? It's not a cup competition, granted, but the main arguments for waiving suspensions in this case is that players will be missing huge games, what's the difference? I think it's absolute nonsense.

I'd be ok with waiving yellows for the final if they introduced a ten match ban for diving, feigning injury, trying to get an opponent sent off or any other form of deliberate cheating.

My problem is with that is in a tense close semi final last minute, what punishment is there for cynical fouls to prevent the other team from scoring?.

But I agree about the diving.

My problem is with that is in a tense close semi final last minute, what punishment is there for cynical fouls to prevent the other team from scoring?.

But I agree about the diving.

I'd call that "any other form of deliberate cheating" and that ten match ban wouldn't be waived :)

Fantasy I know.

Archived