IGNORED

Huge Game On Saturday

screech

Saturday will see us go into the last game of the season with nothing riding on the result thankfully, but in some respects this game is huge.

It's the last chance for some of our players to show they have a future at the club, they have moved mountains in the last 7 games because they had to, I would accuse some of these players of only putting it in when they have to, which is not a great trait to have.

Saturday they are being asked to perform one more time in front of our ambitious management team and show them they can put in the effort, even when they have no reason to, I would hope they have learned a valuable lesson this season, if you don't give it your all from game 1, you can expect a similar season to this one.

One more game, one last effort in front of the travelling fans who have at times been cheated as well as entertained.

I really hope we can finish either 11 points or 2 places above Pompey, or we'll forever hear

"you only stayed up 'cos they had 10 points deducted"

COYR one more time :banana:

If we finish above any of p'boro, Barnsley or forest that 10 point thing is irrelevant to us as we'd have had 3 other teams below us on points earned.

I really hope we can finish either 11 points or 2 places above Pompey, or we'll forever hear

It doesn't matter,Pompey as a club cheated by signing and paying players that they could not afford. That's all that matters.

Saturday will see us go into the last game of the season with nothing riding on the result thankfully, but in some respects this game is huge.

It's the last chance for some of our players to show they have a future at the club, they have moved mountains in the last 7 games because they had to, I would accuse some of these players of only putting it in when they have to, which is not a great trait to have.

Saturday they are being asked to perform one more time in front of our ambitious management team and show them they can put in the effort, even when they have no reason to, I would hope they have learned a valuable lesson this season, if you don't give it your all from game 1, you can expect a similar season to this one.

One more game, one last effort in front of the travelling fans who have at times been cheated as well as entertained.

Screech. Generally I like your posts and I have often wondered if you are one of the two guys in your signature photo.

But, sorry - way off the mark on this one. "Huge game" ? Do me a favour. Nothing in it for either side.

Out of loyalty to the club I will be listening on RB and yes, it will be interesting to see if players give it their all, but I suspect that it is more likely that Del Boy will give several youngsters a run out at Turf Moor to see how they cope with a live game in front of spectators.

Hopefully Joe Bryan will play. He looks like a good prospect to me.

Screech. Generally I like your posts and I have often wondered if you are one of the two guys in your signature photo.

But, sorry - way off the mark on this one. "Huge game" ? Do me a favour. Nothing in it for either side.

Out of loyalty to the club I will be listening on RB and yes, it will be interesting to see if players give it their all, but I suspect that it is more likely that Del Boy will give several youngsters a run out at Turf Moor to see how they cope with a live game in front of spectators.

Hopefully Joe Bryan will play. He looks like a good prospect to me.

No, not me in the photos, thankfully.

• Admin

It doesn't matter,Pompey as a club cheated by signing and paying players that they could not afford. That's all that matters.

I've disagreedwith you a fair amount this week but this post is spot on. If they'd lived within their means they wouldn't be above us anyway, deduction or not.

No, not me in the photos, thankfully.

That's a relief.

I like the joke on the bloke's tee-shirt on the left, but jeez, he is seriously FAT.

Is this fattist ? I may be had up for this. I could be banned by the Mods.

No idea where this shot was taken, but he really should keep clear of the burger stands at AG.

Assuming they are City fans. Perhaps not.

but what the Gash conveniently forget is they had EXACTLY the same advantage last season with Plymouth but failed to take advantage

This, most important thing for me. Prove we deserve beyond any shadow of a doubt we belong in this league.

but what the Gash conveniently forget is they had EXACTLY the same advantage last season with Plymouth but failed to take advantage

This. And the fact that they will finish below another team that had ten points deducted, Port Vale. And don't forget to remind them that in 2001-02 they finished second bottom of the entire football league, the following season the rules changed to allow two teams to be relegated to the Conference (and they only avoided that privilege by 3 pts).

• Admin

So you think we live within our means then? Have a look at our accounts.

Fortunately we have a benefactor who is willing to ensure bills get paid. We then know what we can afford to pay players and don't go over that.

Porstmouth went into administration just a couple of years ago because they couldn't meet their financial obligations, you'd think that may be a warning sign for them. You'd think wrong. They get relegated and continue to sign players such as Lawrence & Kitson on top top wages (we were unable to compete when Coppell wanted Kitson & dropped out for example). Upon entering admin a second time, the administrators sent out their high earners on loan etc and brought in players they could afford. The result? Worse form than us.

Fortunately we have a benefactor who is willing to ensure bills get paid. We then know what we can afford to pay players and don't go over that.

Porstmouth went into administration just a couple of years ago because they couldn't meet their financial obligations, you'd think that may be a warning sign for them. You'd think wrong. They get relegated and continue to sign players such as Lawrence & Kitson on top top wages (we were unable to compete when Coppell wanted Kitson & dropped out for example). Upon entering admin a second time, the administrators sent out their high earners on loan etc and brought in players they could afford. The result? Worse form than us.

We all know the story but does not get away from the facts, us like 99% of other clubs live outside of our business means & we rely on other sources to pay are way, it's what happens when that source ceases to be i.e Nottingham Forest & many many others

We all know the story but does not get away from the facts, us like 99% of other clubs live outside of our business means & we rely on other sources to pay are way, it's what happens when that source ceases to be i.e Nottingham Forest & many many others

It's something I've often thought, what would happen to us if SL was knocked down by a bus tomorrow?

Archived