IGNORED

17.05.12?

ben91tucker

This is from kev smiths twitter commercial director for city @Kev_a_Smith: It's days like today that remind me how blessed I am to work in football. A great day at the Gate. Working toward #17.5.12 announcements!

What happens around this date??

Seems a bit odd to put up that status when several players have lost their jobs. Although I know this is football.

Agreed. Incredibly insensitive.

Bit insensitive detailing what a good day it was..

But in his field obviously commercially he has done something that will be an exciting announcement in 16 days time..?

Twitter were would we be without it..?

As already mentioned I can only guess its something to do with sponsorship.. Either shirt or stadia..?

Let's be clear here, I suspect it hasn't come as a shock to any of the 8 players whose contracts have not been renewed, the clue almost certainly was when they weren't actually offered a new contract.

Certainly seemed a shock to some of the youngsters!!

Certainly seemed a shock to some of the youngsters!!

I don't know why, the really good players are tied up quickly into a new deal and or offered a new deal and the fact they weren't tied up or offered a new deal is usually a very big clue I would have thought. The good news is recently BCFC have a really good record of not being bitten in the arse by a released youngster, with the possible exception of Ryan Harley and even he isn't pulling up trees.

I don't know why, the really good players are tied up quickly into a new deal and or offered a new deal and the fact they weren't tied up or offered a new deal is usually a very big clue I would have thought. The good news is recently BCFC have a really good record of not being bitten in the arse by a released youngster, with the possible exception of Ryan Harley and even he isn't pulling up trees.

Fair enough and I certainly understand your point and where it is coming from. I stand by that it might be somewhat insensitive.

What does seem pleasing is that it appears that there are little contract 'negotiations' going on. It feels as though players have been invited in, given a contract (or not) and they now go away to agree it or not.

Archived