IGNORED

West Brom And Our Del ?

DT The Optimist

Here are the odds re the next West Brom manager, as at 23;50 2/5/12 :-

3/1 Alan Curbishley, 4/1 Chris Hughton, 6/1 Michael Appleton, 8/1 Roberto Martinez, 10/1 Lee Clark, 10/1 Steve Bruce, 12/1 Dean Kiely, 14/1 Tony Mowbray, 14/1 Derek McInnes, 14/1 Gus Poyet, 16/1 Gianfranco Zola, 16/1 Mick McCarthy, 16/1 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, 16/1 Rafael Benitez, 20/1 Paul Lambert, 20/1 Brendan Rodgers, 20/1 Darren Ferguson, 20/1 Dave Jones, 20/1 Glenn Hoddle, 20/1 Sam Allardyce, 20/1 Walter Smith, 25/1 Gordon Strachan, 25/1 Ray Wilkins, 25/1 Dougie Freedman, 25/1 Roy Keane, 33/1 Alan Shearer, 33/1 Gary Megson, 33/1 Paul Ince, 50/1 Bryan Robson.

Yet again Curbishley name features, as it seems to with every job, yet he never appears !! Del is 9th equal? Is it all going to go pear shaped again ? I doubt it but......

• Admin

I think whilst Dean Kiely and ex-Huddersfield manager Lee Clark are higher than him - fairly unlikely. It's more a case of him being former WBA and the bookies putting 2+2 together.

Edited: Clark left Hudds last season as they are fed up of being a play off team.

He got sacked because 3rd 2 points off automatic and going 29 games unbeaten wasn't good enough

it went tits up then

He got sacked because he instructed his agent to approach Premier League and Championship teams who dispensed with their managers through non-official channels and the chairman at Huddersfield got fed up with him. As with the Coppell fiasco here, what's been written in the press isn't the whole story

Interesting that Appleton is so high up the betting given that Pompey were relegated. He was working in very difficult circumstances, but wasn't exactly amazing

A tenner on Del boy

Here are the odds re the next West Brom manager, as at 23;50 2/5/12 :-

3/1 Alan Curbishley, 4/1 Chris Hughton, 6/1 Michael Appleton, 8/1 Roberto Martinez, 10/1 Lee Clark, 10/1 Steve Bruce, 12/1 Dean Kiely, 14/1 Tony Mowbray, 14/1 Derek McInnes, 14/1 Gus Poyet, 16/1 Gianfranco Zola, 16/1 Mick McCarthy, 16/1 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, 16/1 Rafael Benitez, 20/1 Paul Lambert, 20/1 Brendan Rodgers, 20/1 Darren Ferguson, 20/1 Dave Jones, 20/1 Glenn Hoddle, 20/1 Sam Allardyce, 20/1 Walter Smith, 25/1 Gordon Strachan, 25/1 Ray Wilkins, 25/1 Dougie Freedman, 25/1 Roy Keane, 33/1 Alan Shearer, 33/1 Gary Megson, 33/1 Paul Ince, 50/1 Bryan Robson.

Yet again Curbishley name features, as it seems to with every job, yet he never appears !! Del is 9th equal? Is it all going to go pear shaped again ? I doubt it but......

A tenner on Del boy then!!!!

A tenner on Del boy

A tenner on Del boy then!!!!

Would love to take your money but I copied and pasted from a well known bookies site starting with H and ending with an L. :photo:

I like West Brom. Always have fond recollections since 1975 when we stole a 1 . 0 win in our promotion year. It was like the alamo !! Good away trip. look on their forums and some want an experienced Prem manager, others the likes of Poyet or Del !! Houghton is clear fav' but no way could or would he jump ship while the play offs are taking shape. It reminds me of our trauma

Darren Ferguson @ 20/1 looks a good bet. He will take any opportunity to jump a level and WBA would be a good opportunity. He has more relevant experience than Del simply because he knows English football a bit more. Would be amazed if he doesn't apply.

Looking at the list of runners, I wonder if Solksjaer might be a dark horse? Apprenticeship under Ferguson, had instant success with Molde back in Norway and knows the English game well. West Brom haven't been averse to taking risks in the past...

Archived