IGNORED

Bas Savage - Man City

Ian M

And anything to stop Man Utd from getting it again.

Absolutely. Delighted for the Man City fans. They have had to live in the shadows for decades. Ridiculed by the glory hunting Man U fans, now it is their turn. Proper club supported through thick and thin by proper fans.

Only players in the city team today that I think could walk into any team Joe Hart, Kompany, Yaya Toure and Aguero. These make alot of the other players look great, such as Barry.

To be fair to Barry, he does a very good job of retaining possession and gets into very good defensive positions. As a Liverpool fan I honestly think that had Benitez's plan of getting him and Keane in with Torres and Gerrard come to fruition Liverpool would still be challenging at the top like they were for a few seasons under Rafa.

To be fair to Barry, he does a very good job of retaining possession and gets into very good defensive positions. As a Liverpool fan I honestly think that had Benitez's plan of getting him and Keane in with Torres and Gerrard come to fruition Liverpool would still be challenging at the top like they were for a few seasons under Rafa.

I think the main reason Barry is such a main-stay in the team is because he's English. Mancini wants to have a few English players in the spine of the team which is clever i'll admit. Lescott and Barry though play alongside Kompany and Yaya who are probably the best players in their positions in the league.

Absolutely. Delighted for the Man City fans. They have had to live in the shadows for decades. Ridiculed by the glory hunting Man U fans, now it is their turn. Proper club supported through thick and thin by proper fans.

There seems to be more Man city fans around in the last few years than before!!

I Wonder why that is.........

Where I'm from there has always been a strong contingent of Man City fans. Even when they were in the old Division 2.Now it's their time to relish all the misery they've had to go through for years and years, fair play to them I say!

Proper club... bank rolled by crazy money. The fans deserve some good times but I detest the club, much like chelsea.

I disagree with this. Good post but I think the downfall of Liverpool began with losing Alonso. If you remember, they were on fire at the end of the 2008/09 season, thrashing big teams including United and Real Madrid. They came just short in the end, 4 points behind United, due to a poor start. The whole reason that Alonso left was because Benitez practically forced him out of the club, saying that he wanted Barry instead. Barry wasn't / isn't / never will be even half the player Alonso is.

If Alonso had stayed, they'd have won the league the following season, no question. Torres and Gerrard together were one of the best midfield - striker partnerships I've ever seen. Their link up play was simply incredible.

Funny how quickly things can change. Almost winning the league one year, and then just 18 months later they were hours away from Administration and an even greater downfall than that which they are currently in.

Now watch them grow their own support of pathetic glory-hunters.

"We're the best 'cause we've got loads of money and blah blah blaaah!"

I disagree with this. Good post but I think the downfall of Liverpool began with losing Alonso. If you remember, they were on fire at the end of the 2008/09 season, thrashing big teams including United and Real Madrid. They came just short in the end, 4 points behind United, due to a poor start. The whole reason that Alonso left was because Benitez practically forced him out of the club, saying that he wanted Barry instead. Barry wasn't / isn't / never will be even half the player Alonso is.

If Alonso had stayed, they'd have won the league the following season, no question. Torres and Gerrard together were one of the best midfield - striker partnerships I've ever seen. Their link up play was simply incredible.

Funny how quickly things can change. Almost winning the league one year, and then just 18 months later they were hours away from Administration and an even greater downfall than that which they are currently in.

There aren't many midfielders on the planet fit to lace the boots of Alonso. I just think that as Rafa decided to replace him the signing of Barry would have allowed a continuation in style and helped bed signings like Keane in. Unfortunately it didn't happen and the rest as they say, is history.

On a separate note, I don't think Rafa should ever have been sacked.

There aren't many midfielders on the planet fit to lace the boots of Alonso. I just think that as Rafa decided to replace him the signing of Barry would have allowed a continuation in style and helped bed signings like Keane in. Unfortunately it didn't happen and the rest as they say, is history.

On a separate note, I don't think Rafa should ever have been sacked.

It's easy to say that now looking at the clubs downfall, i'm sure most fans would say the same! As for Alonso he's up there with Xavi but Alonso is the best long passer in the game, As much as I dislike Liverpool I used to have alot of admiration for their team of a few years back that featured the best spine in the league. Reina, Carragher, Hyypia, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Torres. How times have changed...

Archived