IGNORED

Louis Carey's Contract

Harry

After watching the FA Cup in town yesterday, me and the lads popped into Vodka Revolution for a few and who should pop in, resplendent in hat and handlebar moustache, but Louis Carey.

I decided to have a chat with him and I must say what an absolutely top bloke he was. Fair play to him, he spent a good 10 minutes or so chatting with me (even though I'd already had a few by then!), and he seemed very honest about some of the things I was asking him about.

I asked him if he was going to sign his contract and he said of course he would, that he loved the club and didn't want to go anywhere else. He said he'd received other offers but didn't say who from. He intimated that it was a reduced offer and on a pay-as-you-play basis. So it certainly looks like he's on board for next year.

He also said that Del was a top man and he's got a lot of time for him.

Said that Millen was given a hard task and felt sorry for him that it didn't work out.

Had some interesting things to say about Gary Johnson's last 18 months or so in charge, a lot of what we kind of already know anyway, but there was certainly a lot of respect lost after his attitude to the players changed after the Wembley defeat.

I jokingly said that he when he finally hangs his boots up that he could he could travel with us to away games on our mini-bus, and he said that he'd love it!! I think he'll be seen in away ends following us up and down the country after he retires. A true City fan as well as club legend. Also gave me a high five and a hug when we were leaving. Top fella!

After watching the FA Cup in town yesterday, me and the lads popped into Vodka Revolution for a few and who should pop in, resplendent in hat and handlebar moustache, but Louis Carey.

I decided to have a chat with him and I must say what an absolutely top bloke he was. Fair play to him, he spent a good 10 minutes or so chatting with me (even though I'd already had a few by then!), and he seemed very honest about some of the things I was asking him about.

I asked him if he was going to sign his contract and he said of course he would, that he loved the club and didn't want to go anywhere else. He said he'd received other offers but didn't say who from. He intimated that it was a reduced offer and on a pay-as-you-play basis. So it certainly looks like he's on board for next year.

He also said that Del was a top man and he's got a lot of time for him.

Said that Millen was given a hard task and felt sorry for him that it didn't work out.

Had some interesting things to say about Gary Johnson's last 18 months or so in charge, a lot of what we kind of already know anyway, but there was certainly a lot of respect lost after his attitude to the players changed after the Wembley defeat.

I jokingly said that he when he finally hangs his boots up that he could he could travel with us to away games on our mini-bus, and he said that he'd love it!! I think he'll be seen in away ends following us up and down the country after he retires. A true City fan as well as club legend. Also gave me a high five and a hug when we were leaving. Top fella!

I was also in their last night and managed to have a quick but interesting chat with Louis. Agreed, what a top bloke he is.

You weren't the fella in the Orange hooded top were you Harry?

If so you might of heard Louis's reply to my question of Amougou or Mcmanus.

makes a nice change to read about players having a pint with their fans and talking how it is, rather than roasting bimbos in toilets and smoking fifty pound notes. carey reminds me of an old school footballer, someone who appreciates what he does for a living and the people who pay for it. fair play to him.

I was also in their last night and managed to have a quick but interesting chat with Louis. Agreed, what a top bloke he is.

You weren't the fella in the Orange hooded top were you Harry?

If so you might of heard Louis's reply to my question of Amougou or Mcmanus.

Indeed, that was me.

Yeah, I remember that. You asked who he'd rather play alongside, Amougou or McManus?

His reply was a very long "Uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................good question that is mate. I'll have to think about that"

Verdict - undecided.

He did go on to say that Amougou & Ephraim coming in gave us a spark, and really re-ignited the players. He said that Ephraim's goal up at Middlesbrough was a real turning point in their belief.

Archived