IGNORED

Orr On Kean

durhamred13

Heard this on Rad5... Well said Bradley.

The Blackburn fans are a disgrace. Booing and jeering their own team and protesting through a game they had to win (and the entire season). The Venkys are clowns but the supporter protests just made things harder.

I'd go as far as to say those fans are as bad as the fans of a certain other BRFC I know.

It is not anywhere near a black and white situation at Blackburn. Some of the protests have probably been ill-advised (obviously the personal abuse at Kean has been inexcusable) at not the greatest of times, but these fans have seen their team run absolutely shockingly by Venky's from the start.

They forced out a competent manager who had them comfortably pushing the top half for someone obviously not good enough, as well as some shocking transfer activity. Venky's do not have a clue and haven't had a clue since the beginning. The media have been quick to paint the fans as disgraceful but they've had to sit and watch their side effectively destroyed.

Jerome Anderson orchestrated the Venky's takeover of Blackburn. That same Jerome Anderson is Steve Kean's agent, and Anderson's son, Myles, who has a single Aberdeen appearance to his name, signed for them in the summer. Draw your own conclusions.

From what I have read, the Venky's thought they were buying a Premier League franchise and weren't aware they could be relegated until recently.

The fans blame Kean but surely the issue is the Venky's?

Fair play to Brad though, very hard interview I should imagine.

due to all of the attention that the protesters have had, some of the owners' remarks seem strange although it would not surprise me if it was true.

Did the Venky's know about relegation from the prem??? not sure, but they did provide steve kean with a £5 million transfer budget in January to keep them up.

£5 million!!!!!! - pitifull. but the links to Jerome Anderson (as mentioned above are also up for discussion)

this is worth a watch.

It is not anywhere near a black and white situation at Blackburn. Some of the protests have probably been ill-advised (obviously the personal abuse at Kean has been inexcusable) at not the greatest of times, but these fans have seen their team run absolutely shockingly by Venky's from the start.

They forced out a competent manager who had them comfortably pushing the top half for someone obviously not good enough, as well as some shocking transfer activity. Venky's do not have a clue and haven't had a clue since the beginning. The media have been quick to paint the fans as disgraceful but they've had to sit and watch their side effectively destroyed.

Sorry but i watched the game last night and the fans got what they deserved. The biggest game of the season quite literally a must win and the fans sang abuse from the kick off. I didn't hear i song in support of the team an absolute disgrace.

How did there support help the team? That must have been one of the worst atmospheres to play football in i can imagine.

Whatever their feelings to the owners or manager surely they should have got behind the team at the start or did they want to get relegated?

Listening to the Blackburn game last night on the radio - the piss poor fans, the whinging and moaning, the missiles being thrown, the poor performance ... it made me realise just how much I hate Robbie Savage.

Listening to the Blackburn game last night on the radio - the piss poor fans, the whinging and moaning, the missiles being thrown, the poor performance ... it made me realise just how much I hate Robbie Savage.

and a chicken pitch invasion

Constantly on Bradleys back, even after he rang in he kept quiet until Bradders hung up and then slated him!

Wigan have real fans unlike Blackburn! (albeit not so many)

Wigan fans and chairman have backed the manager and team through think and thin! This had lead to team willing to fight to last for their fans and board!

I only wish bcfc would do the same if ever in the same situation !

Wow, so many people in this thread completely missing the point about dissatisifaction with everything in the club. Guess everyone has forgotten the Red Card for Russe stuff and being equally vocal and dismissive about management. How santised and subjugated have we become to pour scorn over fans who are legitimately protesting over a club that is in chaos from top to bottom and they cant do anything else but protest and make their voices known.

Fans got what they deserved???? What planet are you lot on? Ive no time for Blackburn as a rule, but even I can see that they are in the right and well within reason to kick up such a stink, rather than come back with a faux support of a manager, team and board they have no wish to remain at the club with plenty of good reasons for this, yet there is plenty of disdain on here like the fans somehow have an obligation to mindlessly support and give credence to the current mess.

Unreal

completely and utterly correct. the people posting in support of kean have no understanding of the situation up there and are simply throwing in sympathy votes because the mirror and sky sports and whoever else reckons it's a disgrace.

if this boardroom / dressing room carry on was going on at city i'd hope our fans would do what blackburn's have done - and more.

incidentally, anyone remember the protests at AG during the 90s against les kew and his little puppet russell osman? think it culminated pretty much with defeat at home to barnsley. we had a gate that couldn't have been more than 7,000 yet it seemed everyone was 'sack the board' clattering their seats or whatnot. there was also substantial cheering from our ends when barnsley scored their goals. i have no shame in saying i was one of many who cheered barnsley when they scored against us. clearly that makes me less of a fan than many on this thread. but my question to those who think that, were you even at that game or were you sat at home or doing the saturday shopping or down the pub... it falls to fans sometimes to take extreme measures to force change. i know sky sports disagrees with that, and it doesn't follow the thinking of the modern fan with the jester hat, but that's the truth. fair play to blackburn's lot for taking the bull by the horns on this. i don't like their club, but the corner in which they've been shepherded could happen to anyone.

completely and utterly correct. the people posting in support of kean have no understanding of the situation up there and are simply throwing in sympathy votes because the mirror and sky sports and whoever else reckons it's a disgrace.

if this boardroom / dressing room carry on was going on at city i'd hope our fans would do what blackburn's have done - and more.

incidentally, anyone remember the protests at AG during the 90s against les kew and his little puppet russell osman? think it culminated pretty much with defeat at home to barnsley. we had a gate that couldn't have been more than 7,000 yet it seemed everyone was 'sack the board' clattering their seats or whatnot. there was also substantial cheering from our ends when barnsley scored their goals. i have no shame in saying i was one of many who cheered barnsley when they scored against us. clearly that makes me less of a fan than many on this thread. but my question to those who think that, were you even at that game or were you sat at home or doing the saturday shopping or down the pub... it falls to fans sometimes to take extreme measures to force change. i know sky sports disagrees with that, and it doesn't follow the thinking of the modern fan with the jester hat, but that's the truth. fair play to blackburn's lot for taking the bull by the horns on this. i don't like their club, but the corner in which they've been shepherded could happen to anyone.

Think it was Russe and his lot, not Kew, Kew went, these guys came in, they said we would be in Europe in 5 years, then backed Osman with 0 money, made him get free signings, and players from non league. Not much to do with Kew from what I remember. The Kew's were the ones that led us from mire in the 80's through to promotion to the 1st division/championship, that had us playing well with the finances sorted.

On a different note, Osman did a terrific job of keeping city in our division when you consider what he was given to work with by the board. Kept us up with poor but well drilled defensive football, about all he was afforded to do with the backing he got from the board. He gets derided so much, but i would defy any other manager that we have had in the past to keep up the team he had!

Something very wrong at Blackburn, it is clear kean is a puppet to everything that is going on there, he is part of what is rotten, and the fans know it. The only person they can complain about is Kean, the Venkys never bother turning up.

Something Stinks at Blackburn. If that was happening at city, I would hope our fans would be doing the same, not what a few here are posting, and meekly sit y and watch your club crash. Thank god for Blackburn, they have some passionate fans, Not meek, sit idly by type that will happily watch their club get ground into the ground!

Those here supporting Kean, take a look at his managerial record, his coaching record and to a lesser extent his playing record, then ask yourself, how he ever got a managers job, let alone a Premier League managers job. If that doesn't set alarm bells ringing, then god help you :)

Wigan have real fans unlike Blackburn! (albeit not so many)

Wigan fans and chairman have backed the manager and team through think and thin! This had lead to team willing to fight to last for their fans and board!

I only wish bcfc would do the same if ever in the same situation !

Been to a few games at wigan and the fans last year and this year wanted Martinez out, they hated his style of football. 3 lads I play footy with until last month wanted him out and couldn't stand him. They say because there wigan it doesn't get highlighted about there displeasure as much as other teams. Because tv and newspapers like there style they all say the manager is being backed, was by the chairman but around Xmas time a few games had chants of Martinez out during and after game.

They understand what he's trying to do but it's so slow watching them that the fans get frustrated. Also he got lucky with the 343 formation he's playing for injuries forced it upon him.

I'm sorry but didn't anyone else think get your tongue out of Steve Kean's arse you been there 2 minutes you sound like you been there all your career then to top it off says its his worst moment ever in football :violin: ummm Wembley play-off final 1-0 to Hull no????? ok then getting relegated for a team you've played 10 games for then :clap:

I'm sorry but didn't anyone else think get your tongue out of Steve Kean's arse you been there 2 minutes you sound like you been there all your career then to top it off says its his worst moment ever in football :violin: ummm Wembley play-off final 1-0 to Hull no????? ok then getting relegated for a team you've played 10 games for then :clap:

I would have thought spending time in prison was worse, but then he was hardly going to remind a national radio audience of his conviction was he

I would have thought spending time in prison was worse, but then he was hardly going to remind a national radio audience of his conviction was he

Well going to jail is not really part of you career, he was clearly talking about his career.

he has never been relegated, so yes that would be the worst experience. Losing in the play off final was bad, but we over achieved to get there, and it didn't involve dropping into a lower division.

Orr has done well to get to the Premier League, he is a real trier, but never a Premier League footballer, but through hard graft he got there. Now he has probably lost it forever, can't see him getting back there. So time for people to get off their rose tinted, city specs, in terms of Bradders career, this is by far the worst thing to happen in it!

Of course he would back his manager, he bought him after all.

Clubs get slated for sacking managers too early, and the Venkys have stuck by Kean and get slated for that.

I think Kean has done ok, I thought he would keep them up, but had no money for players, signed a lot of top championship ones due to his budget.

Blackburn fans were chanting Keans name when they beat Man Utd, and had a little run, but turned on him again.

Disgraceful fans!

Clubs get slated for sacking managers too early, and the Venkys have stuck by Kean and get slated for that.

I think Kean has done ok, I thought he would keep them up, but had no money for players, signed a lot of top championship ones due to his budget.

Blackburn fans were chanting Keans name when they beat Man Utd, and had a little run, but turned on him again.

Disgraceful fans!

Venkys, agent and Kean are all in it together mate, you just need to look into the background of it all, then you will understand why he has not been sacked, and why the fans are aiming their wrath at him.

Well going to jail is not really part of you career, he was clearly talking about his career.

he has never been relegated, so yes that would be the worst experience. Losing in the play off final was bad, but we over achieved to get there, and it didn't involve dropping into a lower division.

Orr has done well to get to the Premier League, he is a real trier, but never a Premier League footballer, but through hard graft he got there. Now he has probably lost it forever, can't see him getting back there. So time for people to get off their rose tinted, city specs, in terms of Bradders career, this is by far the worst thing to happen in it!

Of course he would back his manager, he bought him after all.

Don't get me wrong I think he's done very well and I for one would have him back, but having witnessed the look of devastation and despair at that point, that was the lowest point of his career.

Venkys, agent and Kean are all in it together mate, you just need to look into the background of it all, then you will understand why he has not been sacked, and why the fans are aiming their wrath at him.

Well he hasn't done that bad, he always seems a pretty decent guy.

The fans were still in the wrong and have gone too far with the abuse though.

Archived