IGNORED

Raising Money For Testicular Cancer In South West

Alex#40

Calling all fellow City fans,

Having been diagnosed :help: with, and survived :yahoo: Testicular Cancer in 2011 I am trying to give a little bit back to the people that helped to save my life. With this in mind I am doing the The 3 Peaks Challenge on 1st June 2012. The challenge takes in the summits of Ben Nevis (Scotland 1344m), Scafell Pike (England 978m) and Snowdon (Wales 1085m) in that order within in a 24 hour time period, driving between each location. It covers 450 miles by vehicle and 26 miles of hill walking with 10,000ft of ascent and descent.

My page for fundraising is below which gives a much more in depth account of my story...

http://www.justgivin...lexJamesHowells

For more information on the charity, which raises money for men suffering from this specifically in the South West area...

http://www.uhbristol....uk/itsinthebag

All donations, however small, are greatly received by myself and more importantly the charity. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and for any donations made.

Alex

Well having now climbed a mountain I can confirm that this is going to be harder than I'd thought. We climbed the second highest peak in Wales on Sunday and I can still barely walk now! Only a few days to go now before the 25 mile walking and going up 10,000ft's worth of ascent in 24 hours. It is going to be hard.

Thank you to everyone on here who has taken the time to read my story and kindly donate to the fantastic charity that I am raising money for. If anyone would still like to donate then all motivation is greatly appreciated...

www.justigiving.com/AlexJamesHowells

Thank you again for all the kind words and donations so far, they mean a lot to me and the charity.

Good work mate, I have a dd going out each month to cancer research, lost a good mate to testicular cancer, and my father has prostate cancer, my mum had breast cancer and beat it.

Hope your challenge has gone well.

Hi guys,

My 3 Peaks Challenge is only a day away now and I am having one last push on donations to my wonderful cause. If you can spare any amount to go towards helping men with Testicular Cancer in the South West then that would be greatly appreciated.

For more info on my story, my challenge or just to make a donation please click the link below...

www.justgiving.com/AlexJamesHowells

Thank you in advance for all your genorsity. 

After many weeks of commitment, training and dedication a combination of injury and illness has meant that I have not been successful in my attempt at National 3 Peaks Challenge.

I am massively disappointed to have not achieved what I set out to do but in the end I think everything my body has been through in the last 12 months, coupled with the immense difficulty of the Challenge, has been a step to far.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has donated to my cause for their staggering generosity, by which I have been truly humbled, and I only wish I had been able to repay this by being successful.

If anyone still wishes to make a donation to the charity then my page will remain open for a week or so despite the challenge now being over.

www.justgiving.com/AlexJamesHowells

Thank you once again from myself, my family and my charity.

Archived