IGNORED

Feel So Sorry For....

Donnie Darko

firstly for us for missing out on promotion twice this season.

secondly for steve L and the rest of the board who have worked hard over the last few years to modernise the club and have put a lot of money forward (especially this season, but who'll now have to make some very hard decisions under a lot of pressure, i think this is one part of the chairmans job that i envy not one bit.

I feel gutted for the board. I have a huge amount of respect for Steve, realistically I think we all should have, he comes here and answers questions, he's been brave but fairly sensible with money and he is taking the club forward (off the field, at the very least)

He will have to make some very unpopular decisions over the next few weeks though, he won't be able to please everyone but the wage bill needs to be slashed considerably. Considering the depth of young talent at the club I feel some of the more respected regular players may have to go. I just hope the academy survives as well to be honest.

if the board was any good we would have been promoted last season
Because the board picks the team and decides on tactics every week?! The board supply the money and I believe correctly they leave footballing matters to the manager and staff. There isn't much more they could of done to help secure promotion, short of throwing more money at the team and setting themselves up for a big fall.

The financial situation of football in general needs to be considered here. Considering the way things are I think we have the right board for the job. Hang on to them I say, its not exactly an attractive prospect ploughing money into a Division 2 club, so the fact that we have someone willing to do it (and sensibly) is enough for me.

Archived