IGNORED

David James Playing/coaching At Swindon Town?

BcfcLamb

sounds like the type of club he would sign for this summer. He is still good enough for league 1 level but not Championship.

I've never understood this when it's said about a goalkeeper....do the League 1 players not shoot as hard as Championship players? The reactions still have to be the same, no matter what level you play at, surely??

I've never understood this when it's said about a goalkeeper....do the League 1 players not shoot as hard as Championship players? The reactions still have to be the same, no matter what level you play at, surely??

To a certain extent but mainly the quality is lacking further down the leagues, the difference between saving a shot from Rory Fallon vs Rickie Lambert is enough.

To a certain extent but mainly the quality is lacking further down the leagues, the difference between saving a shot from Rory Fallon vs Rickie Lambert is enough.

Has any City keeper ever saved a Rory Fallon shot....!! See what you're saying, but a shot is a shot, is it not? Not a massive degree of fitness about being a goalkeeper, all about reactions and positioning. Reactions will obviously start to slow down, but the basics remain the same

Presumably will want to stay in this area for the same reasons as when he signed for us...may possibly have played with Paolo Di Canio at West Ham (?!). Seems a logical fit.

Nick, reading your post reminds me I need an eye test!

Has any City keeper ever saved a Rory Fallon shot....!! See what you're saying, but a shot is a shot, is it not? Not a massive degree of fitness about being a goalkeeper, all about reactions and positioning. Reactions will obviously start to slow down, but the basics remain the same

James has kept Lambert out twice this season though!

Was gonna post this a few weeks ago because somebody i know (who half the time i don't believe) told me that he is friends with Scotty Murray, who told him to go and put money on DJ to go to Swindon. Dead Cert he said. I wasn't about to waste my money but sounds like he might just make a few bob on this one if true - Jammy bastard

Archived