IGNORED

Who Do You Want As Champs League Winners?

SecretSam

Chelski or Bayern  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its a different situation I'm afraid. They aren't one rich mans puppet plaything. Whilst I hate the Glazers as well, United have always had money and worked hard to build an incredible worldwide brand. It's not the same.

No, ManUre are just a rich families play thing.

No difference whatsoever, ManUre splash 30m on players, Chelski splash 30m on players....

THEY BOTH BOUGHT THE PL TITLE!!!.

BCAGFC

It's not though is it. It just widens the financial gap between the haves and have nots. It certainly doesn't aid the England team. And it makes your day out watching second level football more expensive.

I hope Bayern win. I hope they win it in the same manner they lost to Man Utd in 1999 or whenever it was. One nil down going into stoppage time and winning 2-1. I hope that one of the goals comes from Ashley Cole falling flat on his arse in the penalty area (think Gus Caesar in the League Cup final v Luton) and the other comes from fat frankie playing a blind pass back (circa 2004 Gerrard v France).

So by that logic, should we prevent all English clubs entering the Champions League ?

There is little point in entering it if you have no intention of winning it.

How are they rich if they borrowed all the money??

Also, putting things in capitals doesn't make you correct.

Do you know the financial breakdown of your club?, looks like I know more than you and I HATE them with a passion.

Glazers have cash but refused to put it in to ManUre, instead they used loans to purchase....a common practice with rich people, less risk.

Why do you think ManUre pay massive interest every year.

BCAGFC

Chelsea could be playing anyone and I'd want them to lose (apart from against Liverpool)

I just hate the money side of the game. I'm delighted that Abramovich hasn't won the Champions League yet.

But Bayern are actually wealthier than Chelsea.

My club? I'm a Bristol City fan. Never said anything different.

I know you didn;t but you seem to be defending them, based on the usual blinkered Surrey boy excuses.

On the loan thing, forgot to say that the Glazers have hardly any risk involved in their purchase as the loans are secured against ManUres assets, Old Trafford, Callington etc, etc.

BCAGFC

So by that logic, should we prevent all English clubs entering the Champions League ?

There is little point in entering it if you have no intention of winning it.

Of course not. Just don't pretend that it is good for the English game if they win. It's good for the successful club obviously, but there is no generic benefit to the game at large in this country.

Do you know the financial breakdown of your club?, looks like I know more than you and I HATE them with a passion.

Glazers have cash but refused to put it in to ManUre, instead they used loans to purchase....a common practice with rich people, less risk.

Why do you think ManUre pay massive interest every year.

BCAGFC

You are aware that since the glazers took over uniteds commercial income has gone up massively. When they took over they were making a few million a year from commercial streams, now they rake in well over 100 million in commercial streams alone. What the glazers have done to increase the commercial side far, far outweighs the interest payments on the loans.

You are aware that since the glazers took over uniteds commercial income has gone up massively. When they took over they were making a few million a year from commercial streams, now they rake in well over 100 million in commercial streams alone. What the glazers have done to increase the commercial side far, far outweighs the interest payments on the loans.

True but I would be very surprised if they didn't,.....after all they have the whole of the USA to advertise to.

2010 accounts show that the Glazers paid 68.5m in interest in 2009, so they made 30m+ profit on your figure of 100m (I can;t find that figure myself) from worldwide commerical activites....basically their transfer budget for the season.

Hardly raking it in I would say.

But the clubs overall debt went up by 17m due to higher interest rates due on the loans.

The club only made a operating profit due to the 80m transfer of Ronaldo to Real Madrid, otherwise it would have been a massive loss again.

The ManUre bond issue brought in 504m to cover the expected losses for the next few years to give them breathing space to operate.

The only difference between ManUre & Chelski is that one person pays the bills from their own cash, while others cheat their way through the financial system.

BCAGFC

Of course not. Just don't pretend that it is good for the English game if they win. It's good for the successful club obviously, but there is no generic benefit to the game at large in this country.

That's fair enough. I see your point.

Still want Chelsea to win though !

How people can look forward to the sight of John Terry lifting a tophy.... eugh.

I'm also hoping Newcastle can sneak 4th place and in doing so, qualify for next seasons Champions League. Certainly deserve it for their efforts.

No more sickening to some than watching the scouse mafia leader/thug pick up the League Cup.

BCAGFC

No more sickening to some than watching the scouse mafia leader/thug pick up the League Cup.

BCAGFC

+1

I am with you on your Liverpool hatred. They have to have the most deluded fans in the country and I would rather listen to someone scraping a fork along a plate than a scouse accent!

Don't worry though! They have 'king kenny', things are great again!

+1

I am with you on your Liverpool hatred. They have to have the most deluded fans in the country and I would rather listen to someone scraping a fork along a plate than a scouse accent!

Don't worry though! They have 'king kenny', things are great again!

Calm down, calm down!

Agree entirely, they deserve Kenny, hopefully he'll take em further down the table. Who will they blame then?

Calm down, calm down!

Agree entirely, they deserve Kenny, hopefully he'll take em further down the table. Who will they blame then?

Well they all wanted him, apparently that's all they needed! 'king kenny' coming back let the good times commence.......or not! The league cup struggle against Cardiff completely papered over the cracks.

Surely he is the only manager that could get away with spending so much on so many poor players, have a poor season and escape the sack!

Would have been interesting to see what Roy could have done with that financial backing! Although he never stood a chance, as they all wanted 'the king'

BCAGFC

Gerrard is a scouse mafia leader? :laugh:

The fact that you hate somebody just for being scouse and will also be happy to watch a racist lift the European Cup is the definition of irony.

Well they all wanted him, apparently that's all they needed! 'king kenny' coming back let the good times commence.......or not! The league cup struggle against Cardiff completely papered over the cracks.

Surely he is the only manager that could get away with spending so much on so many poor players, have a poor season and escape the sack!

Would have been interesting to see what Roy could have done with that financial backing! Although he never stood a chance, as they all wanted 'the king'

Roy given time and money would have been nice to see.

Never go back, Kenny made a huge mistake. I wonder what it will take for him to go. It will take a lot for the fans to turn on one of their own. Will the owners have the balls if it goes pear shape? Sure they will, not interest in history, these Americans want success. And so the demise of Liverpool will continue.

Just as well the club can make money easily, but sooner or later people will forget the 70's and 80's. Interest will wane, could they turn into another Blackpool? Probably not due to the money, but they are really heading into alsoran territory.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roberto Martinez getting the Liverpool job this summer.

Interesting. Do you think kenny would move upstairs? I'm am still undecided about martinez. Comes across like the players do not perform for him, until they take it upon themselves to get Wigan out of the shite.

I don't know if that is correct, just the impression I get.

Saw Real-Bayern, what a game. Positive football from both teams. Imo that was the final. Hope Bayern will win because they always plays offensive. Chelsea for me is an owner that took russian money from gas and oil and washed in to a footballclub in England. Most english people offcause prefer Chelsea but Im from Sweden and for me its only Bristol City that counts. Understand the rivalty England-Germany. Its the same in Sweden. Sweden-Denmark, Sweden-Finland, Sweden-Norway. But once again one team, Bristol City.

Gerrard is a scouse mafia leader? :laugh:

The fact that you hate somebody just for being scouse and will also be happy to watch a racist lift the European Cup is the definition of irony.

How do you think he got off with the Southport incident, he was guilty as **** but was let off?.

At this moment in time, Terry is not a racist until proven guilty and anyway, he will get off easily if he uses Gerrard's connections. :tongue:

BCAGFC

Interesting. Do you think kenny would move upstairs? I'm am still undecided about martinez. Comes across like the players do not perform for him, until they take it upon themselves to get Wigan out of the shite.

I can see Dalglish reverting to an ambassador role or an advisor to the board. He is obviously steeped in the traditions and history of the club and I dont think he will want his idol status to be damaged beyond repair.

I also think Martinez would be a good fit for Liverpool. Plays good attractive football without having to spend mega bucks and I reckon the fans would welcome him with more enthusiasm than Hodgson was afforded.

Archived