IGNORED

Nimby's Start On The Other Lot

myol'man

I don't think the stadium will cause much problem and will get approved by a forward thinking S.Glos Council. It'll be Sainsbury's planning that's the critical one.

Having looked at that photo, it seems as always, there are two "types" of people present, i.e the usual suspects.

I will try to be as P.C. as possible, otherwise some might get upset.

Studying the picture, there seems to be several chronologically challenged people, plus a couple of hygienically challenged people in attendance.

This is how much of a joke Bristols Councils are

The parish councils ruin everything for everyone (They are old snobs sat on their pensions)

Why do they get so much power

60% to 40% you can understand

But when it comes down to a couple of VERY selfish people the whole thing becomes a total joke.

Having looked at that photo, it seems as always, there are two "types" of people present, i.e the usual suspects.

I will try to be as P.C. as possible, otherwise some might get upset.

Studying the picture, there seems to be several chronologically challenged people, plus a couple of hygienically challenged people in attendance.

Well said! These sorts of people get right on my nerves. Do they have nothing better to do than moan about local developments?! No wonder this country is going belly up when you can't build anything without the Greenpeace brigade sticking their noses in.

This is how much of a joke Bristols Councils are

The parish councils ruin everything for everyone (They are old snobs sat on their pensions)

Why do they get so much power

60% to 40% you can understand

But when it comes down to a couple of VERY selfish people the whole thing becomes a total joke.

Exactly. These people want something to get involved in in their spare time, and I often think that just means complaining about things. This might sound cruel but in the case of AV, how can older people be so selfish to deny something future generations could enjoy and benefit from? Makes your blood boil.

Well said! These sorts of people get right on my nerves. Do they have nothing better to do than moan about local developments?! No wonder this country is going belly up when you can't build anything without the Greenpeace brigade sticking their noses in.

It always seem to be people of a certain age.

Wind Turbines, Power Stations, Pylons, Sporting Facilities, Housing Developments etc.. in many cases just because it will "spoil their view !"

The nimbys may have a point.

When they conducted their feasibility studies a long time ago identifying potential sites for a new stadium (rubbish tip, English channel & circus arena) I don't recall UWE being identified so is it small wonder that they are encountering problems.

So their usual scabbing off the back of someone else doesn't always work.

I still can't think how they intend to hoodwink the good Bristol public over the Memorial Ground

You've got to say that one of them at least is talking a bit of sense:

'While another, Derek Parsons, claimed Bristol Rovers' plans relied on 800 fans finding residential parking spaces on matchdays.'

He's got a decent, if somewhat ambitious, grasp of the number of Rovers fans out there.

The nimbys may have a point.

When they conducted their feasibility studies a long time ago identifying potential sites for a new stadium (rubbish tip, English channel & circus arena) I don't recall UWE being identified so is it small wonder that they are encountering problems.

So their usual scabbing off the back of someone else doesn't always work.

I still can't think how they intend to hoodwink the good Bristol public over the Memorial Ground

Weren't the sites mentioned in the feasibility studies with the city boundaries? That would explain why the UWE site wasn't mentioned or looked at.

To be honest, if the likes of Arn, who lives near the site, actually agree with it, I can't see the stadium having many issues regarding Planning permission. The supermarket is a totally differerent beast altogether and I reckon Sainsbury's will have one hell of a battle to get that through (roads, access, residential area, loads of supermarkets in the area etc etc).

I live very close to the proposed new ground and have no problem with it at all,sainsbury's on the other hand is completely different as there is already one in stoke gifford,the new one would be just over a mile away.The proposed site would have big traffic problems in an already congested area.

OK, enough is enough I live in a house, the house was never always there but it is now, now i live there...I work in a factory, the factory was never always there but it is now and i work there, which helps me pay for my house which i live in.......i thinks it's called progress....i will now put down my suitecase......................

I live very close to the proposed new ground and have no problem with it at all,sainsbury's on the other hand is completely different as there is already one in stoke gifford,the new one would be just over a mile away.The proposed site would have big traffic problems in an already congested area.

Another one at Eastville plus one over the road from the UWE and another one less than 1/2 mile away at Golden hill. I cannot see how Sainsbury's can justify the need for another supermarket in that area? As I said, no problem with the stadium atall but the Mem plan is going to struggle to get through IMHO.

No offence but all of that means f all next to the fact that the site is a war memorial.

Archived