IGNORED

Ever Played At Ashton Gate

fanjita

I have played there twice, Bristol Media v Bristol City media matchs, First season i scored a goal in front of the EastEnd. A moment i shall never forget. Millen, Dave Lee, Scott Murray were in the BCFC team bloody ran rings around us. Hope to get an invite again in years to come.

Oh and myself and BarBS3 have once..... ahem! "performed" on the Memorial ground centre circle late one night!

I have that moment on CCTV.

Have PM'ed NTTDS to see if he wants it for his 'special' BCFC DVD compilation he is putting together......

Does tomorrow count?

Hi Badger 8 All the very best for tomorrow(today). Can you help me get involved the next time any game of this kind is played (11 a-side or 5 s-side) My Dad was at City in the 50,s and i am just about still playing in the Melton Mowbray league at 53yrs old. My time is running out and its always been my dream of playing at Ashton Gate. Got to the Somerset Senior Cup Final one year but they switched it to Taunton Town and was to play in a 5 a-side a few years back but that was cancelled due to the play-offs and pitch relay. Big sob story i know, but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. C.O.Y.R

played there about 25 years ago against City reserves when they used to play in the Western League, Joe Jordan was manager at the time and he played against us, pitch was like a marsh right down the centre and we lost 5-1 but it was excellent getting the chance to play there. Also got to play on yeovil(old and new) Torquay, Plymouth all in the Western league and then at Swindon in a couple of cup finals,

Hi Badger 8 All the very best for tomorrow(today). Can you help me get involved the next time any game of this kind is played (11 a-side or 5 s-side) My Dad was at City in the 50,s and i am just about still playing in the Melton Mowbray league at 53yrs old. My time is running out and its always been my dream of playing at Ashton Gate. Got to the Somerset Senior Cup Final one year but they switched it to Taunton Town and was to play in a 5 a-side a few years back but that was cancelled due to the play-offs and pitch relay. Big sob story i know, but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. C.O.Y.R

Of course mate, anyone is welcome. Next year (if I'm still organising) give us a shout. Making a dream happen is what is all about, that's why we added 3 pros to the squad this year for a twist to see how is worked. At the end of the day money is made for charity, is a fun day, people seem to enjoy watching and people get to fulfill their dream.

Of course mate, anyone is welcome. Next year (if I'm still organising) give us a shout. Making a dream happen is what is all about, that's why we added 3 pros to the squad this year for a twist to see how is worked. At the end of the day money is made for charity, is a fun day, people seem to enjoy watching and people get to fulfill their dream.

It was one of the biggest pitches in the league. I remember rolling up to Wembley and thinking how small the playing surface was.

Must still be one of the biggest pitches.

I couldn't believe how small it is. Emirates (understandably tbf) is huge in comparison.

I have played in goal there on the day that Wilson was sacked and was seen collecting the ball on Sky Sports News. My son led our team out.. You could hire the pitch then and a mate worked for Hargreaves Lansdown. Brilliant day out and a clean sheet. Have also played at The Mem in a charity game (Awful pitch) and at Notts County in a Uni final. That's about it for my football claims to fame (Oh and I coached Joe Bryan as well!!)

Thanks for that; how will i get in touch; my e-mail is David@dssalesmanagement.com if that helps?

Played there when I was 16 in Glos.Junior Cup Final. That was 1964. I'm pretty sure the pitch was even bigger then than it is now. Older members may know more but wasn't it reduced in size when the Dolman or Atyeo stands were developed? Just remember it being huge and like was said before, the ball was really heavy then. But a great experience to play there, and we won!

Played there when I was 15 in 1963 in the Woodcock shield final.biggest pitch I ever played on.

It had rained all day and it was a mud heap and the leather ball seemed to weigh a ton.

Woodcock shield was my appearance as well,,I was lucky enough to score the winning goal,,,,,,,also played rugby at the Memorial GROUND (will never be stadium) as well

Haven't ever played at Ashton Gate, but played at The Memorial Ground in a couple of Cup Finals and the pitch was appalling. I mean obviously I'm extremely biased and would have found fault in it however good it was, but it was truly embarrassing for a league club. Much worse than Bitton, Longwell Green and Cadbury Heath's first team pitches for crying out loud!

Archived