IGNORED

What A Finish To The Premier League...

cityexile

Interestingly , the Man City starting XI today cost less than the Man Utd XI.

This is true but where would City be had it not been for the money? Four years ago City finished the season losing 8-1 at Middlesbrough with Benjani and Darius Vassell up front.

Fair play to them.

We non-Prem fans, we tend to go all pure and righteous when teams like Fulham, Reading, Wigan, Blackburn et al buy their modern success but if truth be told it's mostly down to frustration and jealously.

This is true but where would City be had it not been for the money? Four years ago City finished the season losing 8-1 at Middlesbrough with Benjani and Darius Vassell up front.

Fair play to them.

We non-Prem fans, we tend to go all pure and righteous when teams like Fulham, Reading, Wigan, Blackburn et al buy their modern success but if truth be told it's mostly down to frustration and jealously.

I agree.

Inspired by Man City's success, I'm going to make sure my kids win Sports Day by buying loads of fast, strong kids from other countries.

Fair play to them.

You can say the same for united

think of how many players they have bought. Pretty much all of them take away Beckham, The Nevilles Scholes, Giggs, Evans Smalling, Fletcher, black dude with the ginger hair at Sunderland, I know i am missing a few, almost all of their players have been bought.

Blackburn bought their title, Arsenal bought their title, but less was spent.

Interestingly , the Man City starting XI today cost less than the Man Utd XI.

When I seen this I was rather shocked so I had to check.

Joe Hart - 600k

Pablo Zabaleta - 6.4m

Vincent Kompany - 6m

Joleon Lescott - 18m

Gael Clichy - 7m

Yaya Toure - 24m

Gareth Barry - 12m

David Silva - 21m

Samir Nasri - 23m

Sergio Aguero - 38m

Carlos Tevez - 32m

=188m

Man Utd:

David De Gea - 17m

Phil Jones - 16.5m

Rio Ferdinand - 30m

Jonny Evans - Youth Product

Patrice Evra - 5.5m

Paul Scholes - Youth Product

Michael Carrick - 16m

Ryan Giggs - Youth Product

Ashley Young - 18m

Antonio Valencia - 16m

Wayne Rooney - 25m

=144m

These figures are all ''reportedly around''

You can say the same for united

think of how many players they have bought. Pretty much all of them take away Beckham, The Nevilles Scholes, Giggs, Evans Smalling, Fletcher, black dude with the ginger hair at Sunderland, I know i am missing a few, almost all of their players have been bought.

Blackburn bought their title, Arsenal bought their title, but less was spent.

They bought Smalling from Fulham!

The fact is every team has to buy the title. Blackburn did in 95 as you say, it's just the finances in the game were not as huge back then.

Even though Blackburn did not spend the kind of money Man City have done today say, back then it was still huge amounts of money.

They bought Smalling from Fulham!

The fact is every team has to buy the title. Blackburn did in 95 as you say, it's just the finances in the game were not as huge back then.

Even though Blackburn did not spend the kind of money Man City have done today say, back then it was still huge amounts of money.

Exactly.

Didn't know Smalling was from Fulham

That said Scholes was taken from Oldham

Looking at the fees spent, you have to say Man City have invested the money better, Not that any player should be wort the money being banded about today

Joe Hart - 600k

Pablo Zabaleta - 6.4m

Vincent Kompany - 6m

Joleon Lescott - 18m

Gael Clichy - 7m

Yaya Toure - 24m

Gareth Barry - 12m

David Silva - 21m

Samir Nasri - 23m

Sergio Aguero - 38m

Carlos Tevez - 32m

=188m

Man Utd:

David De Gea - 17m

Phil Jones - 16.5m

Rio Ferdinand - 30m

Patrice Evra - 5.5m

Michael Carrick - 16m

Ashley Young - 18m

Antonio Valencia - 16m

Wayne Rooney - 25m

=144m

Figures on both sides seem quite out there.

I heard it was City: £161million, United: £169million. That might have included the bench as well though

Joe Hart - 600k

Pablo Zabaleta - 6.4m

Vincent Kompany - 6m

Joleon Lescott - 18m

Gael Clichy - 7m

Yaya Toure - 24m

Gareth Barry - 12m

David Silva - 21m

Samir Nasri - 23m

Sergio Aguero - 38m

Carlos Tevez - 32m

=188m

Man Utd:

David De Gea - 17m

Phil Jones - 16.5m

Rio Ferdinand - 30m

Patrice Evra - 5.5m

Michael Carrick - 16m

Ashley Young - 18m

Antonio Valencia - 16m

Wayne Rooney - 25m

=144m

The difference being manu still have quite a few other 'youth products' who play, Manc = 0 and when you take the squads as a whole the Manc squad cost far more than Manu's.

Exactly.

Didn't know Smalling was from Fulham

That said Scholes was taken from Oldham

Looking at the fees spent, you have to say Man City have invested the money better, Not that any player should be wort the money being banded about today

Not at all. Football will end up killing itself. The money is crazy and at the top level it is no longer the game I remember, its merely a business.

:rofl2br::D

Great finish although I thought QPR were excellent as far as defending goes.

This will be great for english football at the top level, Manure will realise they have some total garbage on their books (Fabio/Rafael, Evans, Carrick, Anderson etc, etc) and strengthen, Chelski will replace the old guard, Tottenham & Arsenal will improve.

Oh and Liverpool will still be crap. :icecream:

BCAGFC

Carrick should be off of that list, he's been a top player this season

The difference being manu still have quite a few other 'youth products' who play, Manc = 0 and when you take the squads as a whole the Manc squad cost far more than Manu's.

Interestingly though Man City have one the best break through of youth products in the premier league. I read somewhere they have produced more premier league home grown/youth players than anyone.

Obviously not all are at in their squad, but players like Ireland, Onouha have all been sold on making the club profits.

Figures on both sides seem quite out there.

I heard it was City: £161million, United: £169million. That might have included the bench as well though

Whatever the figures, it is a bit rich for Man U fans to acuse City of buying the title. Until fairly recently, and for much of the last 20 years, Man U have had the financial muscle in the premier league and were able to "buy" the title year after year, as their buying power was greater than anyone elses.

In the last few years sugar daddy owners have enabled other clubs to compete in the transfer market and Chelsea and now Man City have shown that this can bring sucess. Steve Landown's wealth pails into insignificance compared to owners at the top end of the game but Pardew's sucess this season shows that a competitive premier league team can be put together without having to break the bank ( in premier league terms, of course). On the other hand, Dalgleish has shown that spending big is no guarantee of sucess either.

Guest ashtonphil

Just thought I'd point out that one of the cheapest buys was Vincent Company - bargain of the season.... Any season at £6M.

He is one of the main reasons MCFC won the title.

Well they have Giggs

Only real product Man City have is Micah Richards.

Well they have Giggs, Evans and Welbeck which are regulars

But Evans wouldn't be playing if there were no injuries.

That leaves Welbeck and Giggs.

So only really 1 home grown talent difference in the starting line up.

Rumours are that Sturridge could be going back to Man City, so that could be their 2nd :)

either way, Man U have stopped producing real top quality talent. Most of theirs are old or bit parts

Just thought I'd point out that one of the cheapest buys was Vincent Company - bargain of the season.... Any season at £6M.

Hard to think of a better centre half in the world at present as well!

I agree, imagine him playing alongside Vidic...

Man City's key players in their spine has won them the league.. Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero.

Well they have Giggs

Well they have Giggs, Evans and Welbeck which are regulars

But Evans wouldn't be playing if there were no injuries.

That leaves Welbeck and Giggs.

So only really 1 home grown talent difference in the starting line up.

Rumours are that Sturridge could be going back to Man City, so that could be their 2nd :)

either way, Man U have stopped producing real top quality talent. Most of theirs are old or bit parts

Scholes.. he was part of the class of 92. He's been at United since 1991 and never played for any other side.

And Sturridge thinks he is so much better than he is. He's good but not good enough for Man City imo.

I agree, imagine him playing alongside Vidic...

Man City's key players in their spine has won them the league.. Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero.

Definitely,

I thought Toure was a big outlay, but in terms of A English league midfielder, he really has come into his own this season.

Kompany has always been good, still can't believe they got him for 6 million.

Hart A gamble but not a big one at 600k from Shrewsbury, I will say this is probably their best buy of the lot. A keeper like that can save you enough points in a season to make a difference.

Silva, a luxury that that City can afford to have, brilliant or frustrating.

Aguero, well this guy is a class finisher, paid a lot, but in terms of today's transfer fees, well, what was today's goal worth?

Scholes.. he was part of the class of 92. He's been at United since 1991 and never played for any other side.

And Sturridge thinks he is so much better than he is. He's good but not good enough for Man City imo.

They stole Scholes from Oldham, that is why i didn't include him, not fully home grown, even though he never got in the Oldham first team

Scholes has been at Man Utd since he was 14.. That is home-grown.

He's never been at Oldham, he is only a fan.

He was in Oldham's youth before poached. i remember a interview with Scholes himself

He was in Oldham's youth before poached. i remember a interview with Scholes himself

At age 14, he began training with Manchester United.[8] He then later joined as a trainee upon leaving the Cardinal Langley Roman Catholic High School in Middleton during the summer of 1991.[7] In his final term at school, he was selected to represent Great Britain National Schools in football.

At age 14, he began training with Manchester United.[8] He then later joined as a trainee upon leaving the Cardinal Langley Roman Catholic High School in Middleton during the summer of 1991.[7] In his final term at school, he was selected to represent Great Britain National Schools in football.

Have you been looking at all things wiki

never trust it.

i could of changed that

I know but who would really edit Paul Scholes's youth history?

Who knows doubt they have, but from A interview from the man himself he started out at Oldham, at what age, I dunno.

Fair enough, 14 is pretty much home grown

Who knows doubt they have, but from A interview from the man himself he started out at Oldham, at what age, I dunno.

Fair enough, 14 is pretty much home grown

I do know that he was close to ending his career at Oldham but he said his fitness meant he had to call it a day. Paul Scholes could play in league one with his eyes closed..

I do know that he was close to ending his career at Oldham but he said his fitness meant he had to call it a day. Paul Scholes could play in league one with his eyes closed..

I am surprised he even thought about it.

i would want to finis on a high, especially with his career.

To have been around for as long as he has, with no scandel, no nasty stories, says alot about the guy.

Yep a poor tackler which bought many reds, but a professional many kids should model a career on. Not like some of the primadonas out their today.

I am surprised he even thought about it.

i would want to finis on a high, especially with his career.

To have been around for as long as he has, with no scandel, no nasty stories, says alot about the guy.

Yep a poor tackler which bought many reds, but a professional many kids should model a career on. Not like some of the primadonas out their today.

120 bookings and 10 reds. Such a rubbish tackler but makes every other aspect of the game look so easy.

120 bookings and 10 reds. Such a rubbish tackler but makes every other aspect of the game look so easy.

That is some record. if Barton wasn't such a dick, he'd make Scholes look a saint!

Capello wouldn't pick Barton because of his red card's! Wonder why he picked Rooney :laugh:

Edit, I am watching some wildlife thing with Richard Hammond, they have some monkeys. I am sure Rooney took some photos of them to his hair clinic place

That is some record. if Barton wasn't such a dick, he'd make Scholes look a saint!

Capello wouldn't pick Barton because of his red card's! Wonder why he picked Rooney :laugh:

Edit, I am watching some wildlife thing with Richard Hammond, they have some monkeys. I am sure Rooney took some photos of them to his hair clinic place

:laugh: That Planet Earth Live is very good imo.

Wow someone should look at Real Madrid celebration party at their stadium.

Lights out and all you see is thousands of flashing lights due to everyone taking photo's.

38 games played and the first team in any major european league to end the season on 100 points, scoring 121 goals in those 38 games.

Record breakers!

Wow someone should look at Real Madrid celebration party at their stadium.

Lights out and all you see is thousands of flashing lights due to everyone taking photo's.

38 games played and the first team in any major european league to end the season on 100 points, scoring 121 goals in those 38 games.

Record breakers!

Roy castle, get your trumpet out

That sums up Uniteds midfield when they had to get Scholes back in, certainly needs 2 midfielders in the summer and bomb out the likes of Scholes Giggs and Anderson.

That sums up Uniteds midfield when they had to get Scholes back in, certainly needs 2 midfielders in the summer and bomb out the likes of Scholes Giggs and Anderson.

Why? Since Scholes has came back they have only lost twice I think it is. He also brings the best out of Carrick. I do however think they need a Modric type player. Scholes can still do it though, he's been immense since his return.

Why? Since Scholes has came back they have only lost twice I think it is. He also brings the best out of Carrick. I do however think they need a Modric type player. Scholes can still do it though, he's been immense since his return.

Well because they guy retired, they should have got someone of quality into replace him.

Will he play next season? they need to replace the guy with quality rather than papering over the major cracks in their midfield

Well because they guy retired, they should have got someone of quality into replace him.

Will he play next season? they need to replace the guy with quality rather than papering over the major cracks in their midfield

Scholes is very difficult to replace, Modric is someone they will look at I imagine.

Scholes is very difficult to replace, Modric is someone they will look at I imagine.

He is, so, but they have just gone on and on without trying to replace him. what will he be next season? 38? they will need 2 parks to do the running for their old timers if they don't start dumping their old timers.

I really don't think united have targeted their problems. it will come back to bite them soon.

Man City fans haven't been this happy since they were Chelsea fans

Man City and Everton fans are the most loyal in the Prem,the other sides in there City have won won and won, but those 2 set of fans have stayed loyal to there clubs in massive numbers.

I loved it ,was jumping around the living room shouting I love football when the third goal went in ,imagine what it felt like to be a Man City fan just then .

About the same as a rovers fan if they ever ended a season higher up the league than us I imagine.

Seeing the highlights on MOTD I have to feel sorry for Bolton as both Stokes goals were very iffy.

Don't feel sorry for Bolton, after all it's there chairman who has tried for years to make the Prem a closed shop.

He wanted no relegation at all, I wonder if he will feel the same next season ;)

Get a grip...... reality....... Bristol City stay up in league two............AFC Bournemouth Stay up in league three and Poole Town erm..... Stay in the Evo-Stick league?

The gas are still sh1t

The only thing that is important to me personally is the mighty Bristol City FC are still the best team in the known universe.

So City will get Hazard and United will keep faith with the golden oldies. Ferguson needs to build another team now to compete with City.

Hazard is a winger so he wouldn't replace them anyway.

No he's not he is an attacking midfielder who plays in behind the front man. He can play on the wing but it's not his best position. Fact of the matter is Scholes got found out against City when he can't dictate the tempo. Him and Giggs have been unreal but united cant rely on them forever and need to start looking elsewhere.

No he's not he is an attacking midfielder who plays in behind the front man. He can play on the wing but it's not his best position. Fact of the matter is Scholes got found out against City when he can't dictate the tempo. Him and Giggs have been unreal but united cant rely on them forever and need to start looking elsewhere.

legs are going, they need replacing ASAP. Fact of the matter is neither can get around the pitch like they used to, sometimes leaving gaping holes in the United midfield.

Ferguson has the biggest problem he has ever had at United, how to you replace them? You can't, he is going to have to divert from his tried and trusted formula. No easy task.

legs are going, they need replacing ASAP. Fact of the matter is neither can get around the pitch like they used to, sometimes leaving gaping holes in the United midfield.

Ferguson has the biggest problem he has ever had at United, how to you replace them? You can't, he is going to have to divert from his tried and trusted formula. No easy task.

It will be interesting that's for sure. He has a lot of work to do and has to buy very very well. If anything united have over achieved with the squad they have. Compared to Man City's it's weak.

Guest ournicky

Bolton will be strong next year I think. Coyle will be a good manager in the championship and alot of his players will probably stay.

Bolton have 11 players out of contract, it will be a rebuild job,

Guest ournicky

What an amazing end to the football season! Absloute delight to watch!! Great to see Manure get what they deserved well done Man City, a little dissapointed that QPR did not get the drop.

Archived