IGNORED

Megyeri Balasz

SuperDziek

This guy was one of our academy keepers a few years back. Did he leave in search of more money?

Everton want to sign Olympiakos's Hungarian goalkeeper Balazs Megyeri to provide competition for Tim Howard at Goodison Park. The 22-year-old, who is entering the last year of his contract, would cost around £800,000

In that case its 100% not true. Absolute waste of time reading that. Especially when you look at their sources - Metro, talksport, caughtoffside... About as reliable as the Post.

Blimey, I didn't say it was happening! The point of my post was to see why he left us.

If he is being linked to Premier League clubs, albeit in a gossip column, it shows he's highly rated. He's still a young un for a keeper, after all.

Never the less, it looks as though he's becoming a decent keeper. Another we let slip through our hands...

When you say "Another we let slip through our hands", who do you mean?

I don't recall many players leaving City's Academy and going on to better things.

Departures by year of players who played for our academy :

2011 - Ashley Kington, Jordan Walker, Frankie Artus, Tristan Plummer

2010 - Myrie-Williams

2009 - Robert Stambolziev, Martin Slocombe, Mark Magee

2008 - Elliot Benyon, Josh Klein-Davies, Dean Grubb, Lee Ballard, Daniel Wring, Craig Woodman, Megyeri Balazs

2007 - Clayton Fortune, Matt Heywood, Ollie Barnes, Aaron Ledgister, Nathan Abbey, Matt Reed, Steve Phillips, David Cotterill (£2.8m)

2006 - Callum Hart, Joe Anyinsah, Darren Hawkins, Sekani Simpson, Tommy Doherty, Steven Gillespie, Danny Coles, Leroy Lita (£1.3m), Scott Golbourne, Ryan Harley

2005 - Marvin Brown, Joe Burnell, Kevin Amankwaah, Paul Jarvie, Scott Brown, Aaron Brown, Matt Hill

2004 - Robin Hulbert, Simon Clist, Darren Jones, Liam Rosenior

2003 - Damien Spencer, Kayodi Odejayi, Tom Jordan

Aside from Cotterill and Lita (who both went for good money), our academy has produced nothing in 10 years, many of these are not and have not even made it as League 2 footballers, so I'm not sure who you refer to when you say they've slipped out of our hands?

I don't recall many players leaving City's Academy and going on to better things.

2010 - Myrie-Williams

2008 - Elliot Benyon, Josh Klein-Davies, Dean Grubb, Lee Ballard, Daniel Wring, Craig Woodman, Megyeri Balazs

2007 - Clayton Fortune, Matt Heywood, Ollie Barnes, Aaron Ledgister, Nathan Abbey, Matt Reed, Steve Phillips, David Cotterill (£2.8m)

2006 - Callum Hart, Joe Anyinsah, Darren Hawkins, Sekani Simpson, Tommy Doherty, Steven Gillespie, Danny Coles, Leroy Lita (£1.3m), Scott Golbourne, Ryan Harley

2005 - Marvin Brown, Joe Burnell, Kevin Amankwaah, Paul Jarvie, Scott Brown, Aaron Brown, Matt Hill

Aside from Cotterill and Lita (who both went for good money), our academy has produced nothing in 10 years, many of these are not and have not even made it as League 2 footballers, so I'm not sure who you refer to when you say they've slipped out of our hands?

You are a football player encyclopedia Harry. Maybe you could head our scouting department?!

Is that the Nathan Abbey the calamity GK? the black chap. If so then he didnt come through the Academy.

I remember all them bar Paul Jarvie & Matt Reed?

2010 - Myrie-Williams

Did Matt Heywood really play for our academy? I'm sure he started his career at Burnley.

It's that centre back who once played for Swindon. He wasnt here long but defo didnt come from the Academy.

Yep.

None of Abbey, Phillips, Gillespie, Hulbert, Jarvie, Scott Brown or Clist were academy players, either.

Yep.

None of Abbey, Phillips, Gillespie, Hulbert, Jarvie, Scott Brown or Clist were academy players, either.

Yeah, my apologies folks, I was more looking at a list of players who'd departed us at a young age and I mixed a few in that weren't directly from our academy. Although certainly Phillips, Gillespie & Clist hadn't made any appearances of any significance at Paulton, Liverpool and Spurs and joined us at an age where they'd essentially have been considered 'youth/reserve' players.

Yes, Hulbert and Heywood did join us from Swindeon, Abbey had already done the rounds and Jarvie came from Dundee.

I've probably missed a few more out too!

Sorry for the mix-up.

The point is still valid though, our Academy produces diddly squat! So I still don't know who the fella is referring to when he says we've let another one slip through our hands??

Beat me to posting this. Despite there maybe not being too much truth in the rumour it seems he's done well for himself in Greece. Could do with a really special goalkeeper on the books. Although we could also do with plenty of other positions being sorted too...

Joe Lewis is available on a free from Peterborough... go for him maybe?

Archived